Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night life

Options
  • 04-01-2011 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Ok, so coming from a 19 year old this is going to sound extremely sad, but I'm not one for heading out in Sligo.. EVER.
    So it's my sister's birthday and we are heading out this Thursday and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the night life is like and where's the best place to go on a Thursday.

Sligo town by the way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

The town probably won't be too busy as the students are not back until next week. I've not been out in Sligo on a weeknight simply because I've not been in the country for a while.

I guess you could always rely on the usual places like The Belfry or Mc Hughs or the Garavogue and then probably to Toffs or Pure if they are open.

You could wait until Saturday though when more people in general would be out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

^^ +1 on where to go
    I'd say McHughs or the Garavogue (not a huge fan of the Belfry) followed by Toffs or Pure. Does the Garavogue do a late bar on Thursdays?
    Edit: Just checked their site, they're open til 2am 7 days a week they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

It's not sad. When I was 19 I hated it, when I come back for xmas (I'm 22 now) I wouldn't venture out and I like going out with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Think we'll hit Garavogue.. They recently got an extended license or something, so they're open til 2 a.m on Thursdays I think.. Better check it out actually.

I've been there a few times for a pint during the summer but never at night time. Pure, after last weeks incident I don't I'll be hitting it up, aswell as tomorrow being free in for the ladies, I don't fancy getting trampled by any blonde and orange bombshells.. :P

Advertisement