Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set of Tyres + wheel alignment

Options
  • 04-01-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, looking for some advise, hit a bad bad pothole the other day, and just put on the spare there. Looks like I'll need a new tyre, but the rest of them need replacing too (they're down to the wear indicators). So I'm thinking instead of just replacing the punctured one, I'll get a new set and get the wheels aligned too. Might be cheaper in the long run.

So I'm looking for best price for all of above, any suggestions of where would be best to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I like Dessie's Tyres in Blackpool. Haven't actually bought tyres there though, just repairs/alignment. I'd advise getting half a dozen numbers from the Golden Pages and ringing them for quotations.

cornbb wrote: »
    I like Dessie's Tyres in Blackpool.

No way will they be the cheapest though, their opening hours are great but they have no interest in matching better prices (which you will find no bother).

Chris Dowling in RedTag tyres (Vicars Rd) is a good man to deal with, so too Automotif across from Harvey Norman. If your in the south side call into both and give them both the chance to better each other. AutoMotif is staffed by mechanics too iirc and they have good tracking equipment.

Place in town next to the Citi Car Park (one by Siemens not the Grand Parade one) are also competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Went to Rathcormac Tyres in the end, rang around about 10 different places. They did the tracking for free when you buy 4 tyres, and I got a good deal with fixing the alloy rim.

So fingers X'd, I'll keep away from sharp potholes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

John Banks Tyres in Turner's Cross, may not be the cheapest but I found them to be reasonably competitive and prompt in their work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

try treadwell tyres on the lower glanmire road on the right hand side before the railway station, there normaly quite competitive, make sure you get the tracking done aswell as new tyres;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

try treadwell tyres on the lower glanmire road on the right hand side before the railway station, there normaly quite competitive, make sure you get the tracking done aswell as new tyres;)

i doubt the OP has worn the new tyres off in a few days:confused::pac:

I got two firestones in there for the front of a rather tasty celica I had a few years ago, price was very good. When I returned to collect the car after an hour the two dudes there asked me did I want them to depress me by telling me how much my car was worth, I wasn't long putting them off that option. Thought it was a bit sh!tty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

RoverJames wrote: »
    I got two firestones in there for tIe esoot of a rather tasty celica I had a few years ago, price was very good. When I returned to collect the car after an hour the two dudes there asked me did I want them to depress me by telling me how much my car was worth, I wasn't long putting them off that option. Thought it was a bit sh!tty of them.

why did they say that?

bladebrew wrote: »
    why did they say that?
    they reckoned I was after paying 6000 for it and also reckoned that would be the value I put it at, I went away thinking they were strange enough characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

RoverJames wrote: »
    the two dudes there asked me did I want them to depress me by telling me how much my car was worth.

that's rather strange, to say the least! weirdos.

• Advertisement

Even in these recessionary times I'd usually give a tire fitter a tenner tip if he seemed to do a decent job and if he had a pleasant disposition, the time I was in with those clowns was at the height of the boom and I gave them sfa tip. Was never tempted to go back there either. Was happy out though as I'd only paid €4200 for the thing which did shut them up :D

Advertisement