Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emotional!

• 04-01-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

So today Megan is 1 and I have to say I'm quite emotional about it!

Any other mammies feel this way when your little ones hit the 1 year milestone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is one of many mile stones and yes I found I welled up at each one.
    All the fuss on the first birthday can be about the child but a year ago you were the one
    bringing her into the world and starting a whole new life. So many things are never the same, so when you get a chance take a time out for yourself to day.

The next birthday in this house is my first born turning 13, I am pretty sure I am going to
    be a mess that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

My daughter turned one about a fortnight ago but I can't say I felt anything other than slight relief that she's getting older and a bit more independent. It's just a number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I got that way on Addison's first birthday and I was like you (spotted it on facebook :p ) because I was remembering what was happening at certain times of the day!

It is quite emotional and I know that next month when Saoirse turns one I'll be the same!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'll be the same on the 31st. Hoping it'll be cathartic for me. I'm still getting over it tbh. As well as that I'll be thinking of my little guy and the amazing gifts he has given us.

Happy Birthday Megan!

Das Kitty, I still really haven't gotten over the birth I had with Addison, it takes a long time to accept that you had a different (and very traumatic!) birth to the one you were planning... even now after giving birth naturally it still hasn't really sunk in...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

The only thing I can think of to say is enjoy every single minute ladies & gents. My little man is 7 and is at the age where now getting a kiss off him is near impossible if there is anyone around. Now in saying that when we are on our own he is full off affection, but how long more will It last?? So Im savoring every kiss & cuddle he gives me in private.

He's growing up so fast *sniff*

I got my first kiss yesterday. It was sloppy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Oh yeah... all this christmas i was saying "oh this time last year i was telling him to get out" :D this was the day after the false labour... now he's up and running like a mad man saying hiya dad and to my horror he says jesus.. not my fault... :)
    I find it the same with the girls too, even though they're older i still remember very vividly their births and hour by hour i'd be recounting it... and my eldest will be 12 this year.. ;) so enjoy it.. they're happy tears :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Bridget will be turning 2 in 1 month and it's upsetting me way more than her 1st birthday. I don't have a baby anymore, she's a full on walking talking dancing charming toddler. I miss breastfeeding and co-sleeping etc., I love the person she's becoming but I miss my little baby:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

cbyrd wrote: »
    Oh yeah... all this christmas i was saying "oh this time last year i was telling him to get out" :D this was the day after the false labour... now he's up and running like a mad man saying hiya dad and to my horror he says jesus.. not my fault... :)
    I find it the same with the girls too, even though they're older i still remember very vividly their births and hour by hour i'd be recounting it... and my eldest will be 12 this year.. ;) so enjoy it.. they're happy tears :)

Ha ha, last year we were the 2 biggest moaners all over Christmas! I won the race tho ;)

My friend who is actually due her baby today started getting labour pains today and was off to Holles St abot 6 this morning - The very same day and time that I was going last year :eek: (its pe-labour and they sent her home)

I'm glad I'm not he only emotional wreck! I just can't help thinking that the year has gone so fast and could I or should I have cherished it more. I've loved every minute and I like to think that I've tried not to miss a thing, but my baby is growing up and she's walking and talking and doing lots of things that makes her not a baby anymore :( All good things of course but she needs to slow down!

Any plans for Bens birthday Cbyrd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Grawns wrote: »
    Bridget will be turning 2 in 1 month and it's upsetting me way more than her 1st birthday. I don't have a baby anymore, she's a full on walking talking dancing charming toddler. I miss breastfeeding and co-sleeping etc., I love the person she's becoming but I miss my little baby:o

im so glad im not the only one! :)

Emma is going to be 2 in July but she's recently started saying 'No' to everything i ask her to do, and when she started it, i have to admit it hit me hard, she's not my little baby anymore, i miss being able to hold her in my arms ,cuddle her and watch her sleep, don't get me wrong i love watching her do her own thing, i just miss my baby girl....(not enough to do it again mind you :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Ha ha, last year we were the 2 biggest moaners all over Christmas! I won the race tho ;)

My friend who is actually due her baby today started getting labour pains today and was off to Holles St abot 6 this morning - The very same day and time that I was going last year :eek: (its pe-labour and they sent her home)

I'm glad I'm not he only emotional wreck! I just can't help thinking that the year has gone so fast and could I or should I have cherished it more. I've loved every minute and I like to think that I've tried not to miss a thing, but my baby is growing up and she's walking and talking and doing lots of things that makes her not a baby anymore :( All good things of course but she needs to slow down!

Any plans for Bens birthday Cbyrd?

Low key for his first one... my dad died a few weeks ago and i'm still a bit all over the place, i wasn't well for a few weeks myself and it's all just taking it's toll. A little cake a few of the family and a big round of applause for me :D

just for surviving the year fairly intact ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I got emotional when Cillian turned 1 week old.. I can only imagine what I'll be like when he turns 1 year :eek: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Grawns wrote: »

I know the feeling, Aidan is 2 in a month!!!!! I feel it means more to him now than me! The 1st bday was a big one for me, accepting him as a growing child and not my baby, but this year it will be about him and now he will be old enough to do a lot for himself and we will have to start organising now.

CCL - we all have to try and accept these things!!! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My baby girl was 2 a week ago and #2 is imminent.
    I can't believe my little baby is now a little girl with her own mind and likes and dislikes.
    Where did the 2 years go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Cbyrd - sorry to hear your news. Hope you are feeling better soon and that you are being looked after

I remember being pregnant and looking at one of those 'Baby's first year' books and crying in the shop when it got to the 'I am 1' page! It was always gonna be an emotional time for me! I'm just a big baby myself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Never mind 1, my little one is 4 months old and every day I want to shrink her back to when she was 1 month old.

mmmm more babies!!

After watching One Born Every Minute tonight I am feeling very broody... someone give me a crying baby stat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My baby turned 1 yesterday! It is very emotional

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

January wrote: »
    After watching One Born Every Minute tonight I am feeling very broody... someone give me a crying baby stat!

haha
    I better watch it before #2 is born so:)

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    haha
    I better watch it before #2 is born so:)

3! Three under three, wouldn't that be brilliant January?! :p

@wmpd, much as I'm sad to see James not being my baby any more there is no way I'd want him to go back to being a newborn! Although I do have all the clothes :D

He had a growth spurt over Christmas and his trousers are all to short and his vests barely close.

Oh yeah that would be amazing(!), although I actually think I'd have to learn to live on NO sleep if that happened... hahaha

Advertisement