Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FINALLY! A paid writing position

• 04-01-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, I do not feel sufficiently qualified regarding Starcraft to take the opportunity. I will probably embark on a crash course anyway - because SC is the flavour of the month, a game that I am enjoying, and a massive eSports title...but it will be too little, too late for this particular opportunity :(

SK-Gaming are looking for Starcraft 2 writers...And for once, in the eSports world, it is a PAID position!

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/31714-StarCraft_2_staff_wanted_for_2011

Gl, hf, gg!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I do not feel sufficiently qualified regarding Starcraft to take the opportunity. I will probably embark on a crash course anyway - because SC is the flavour of the month, a game that I am enjoying, and a massive eSports title...but it will be too little, too late for this particular opportunity :(

SK-Gaming are looking for Starcraft 2 writers...And for once, in the eSports world, it is a PAID position!

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/31714-StarCraft_2_staff_wanted_for_2011

Gl, hf, gg!

They have had paid writers before ;)

Come on Lee, have a go if you think your ard enough!

Its good to see they are promoting more paid positions.

I'd advise anyone with an ability to write to get in touch with them. A word of warning. Being the biggest SC2 head doesnt get you these positions. Most of the competition is going to be teenagers and people with no previous experience.

It is a great place to work without a doubt, some of the staff from my time are still around and its both a dangerous and exciting time for SK.

I still regret leaving the game, but I'd defo advise anyone with previous experience to apply. Feel free to send me some of your work and I can give you some pointers.

**** might even feel out the position and apply myself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Oh believe me, I know they have paid writers :) Unfortunately, the majority of positions advertised are voluntary. For example, Cadred and Fnatic are both looking for volunteers at the moment.

Mind if I PM you regarding what you did TheDoc?

🤪

Advertisement