Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant + Take Away above The Pier Head Inn, Blackrock

Options
  • 04-01-2011 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Does anyone know what happened here?
    One day it was open and the next it was closed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Stabler008 wrote: »

Sounds like the same as happened to Lemongrass in Ballincollig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

lemon grass is gone :eek: when did that happen ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Probably due to their food being mank!! Rotten takeout

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

Are you talking about a "Taste of Sicily" a few doors up from the bar....if so it's been closed funny days over Christmas,think it was opening up on regular hours from yesterday.....AMAZING PIZZA!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Are you talking about a "Taste of Sicily" a few doors up from the bar....if so it's been closed funny days over Christmas,think it was opening up on regular hours from yesterday.....AMAZING PIZZA!!!!:D

No I'd say the OP is refering to the rancid Chinese that is/was over the pub. All of the food I ever had from their tasted like a combination of MiWadi, cooking oil and cigarette ash.

I've never eaten in Taste of Sicily.Is it that good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Taste of Sicily is Om nom nom nom. Very good takeaway stuff there, and Italian products.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Probably due to their food being mank!! Rotten takeout

Agree!

Nice venue but the food they served was never more than extremely average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Stabler008

I agree with you guys, The food there was generally crap! I just liked the ribs! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I tried to get a takeaway there the other day and it was closed alright. Can't imagine they would have ever done much business. The Pier Head is always dead too.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Taste of Sicily pizza - savage. I run past there every night and have to increase my pace to avoid the temptation of stopping for a slice (drool) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

kcb wrote: »
    Agree!

Nice venue but the food they served was never more than extremely average.

Had a meal in there about 2 years ago & it was mediocre & expensive. A memorable combination. The first & last time i was in the place.

Not surprised at their closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Stabler008 wrote: »

I assume your talking about Chouys. Ids have to disagree with the posters here. I used to get takeaway quite often and enjoyed the food. The restaurant was always dead but takeaway business was good there.

Anyway apparently the guy who was leasing the place had family trouble, went home and closed up shop. They didn’t even put a note on the door, which was bad form.
    Hope a new Chinese goes in there soon

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Taste of Sicily pizza - savage. I run past there every night and have to increase my pace to avoid the temptation of stopping for a slice (drool) :p

What type of stuff do they do there?

Take-away? no eat in is there?

Advertisement