Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

genuine estate agents

• 04-01-2011 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I am looking to rent an apartment in town , who are the best estate agency to deal with in town, i hear book a room are to be avoided?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I wouldn't reccomend them to be honest. Having said that I don't think I have ever heard one praised on here. I think it's a renters market these days and all that ****e of a lease is well gone. Go through a landlord would be my advice, you can generally tell fairly quickly if they are on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

book a room should definety be avoided.i went to see one of their places before,everything looked ok besides a few little problems that we were promised would be sorted before we moved in.So we told them we would take it and paid deposit to hold it for a few weeks till we were ready to move.Around 3 weeks later we went and paid 1st months rent and got the keys.When we got out to the house we realised the front door wouldnt lock(so had to use back door for entry)wash machine flooded place when turned on,sparks coming out of sockets when turned on,what looked like sewerage coming up through the sink.So i rang them and told them about everything and i was told it would be a few weeks until everything was sorted.I decided to ask them to give me money back as the house wasnt livable and i needed somewhere to live.They refused and in the end i had to get solicitors to get my money back.So from my experience Dont go near Book a room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Going private is the best way to go. Try the Munster Express or News and Star or Daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

Michael Guiry Auctioneers are very sound. They are worth trying. You can find them at http://www.mgproperty.ie/

Advertisement