Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling England Problem

Options
  • 04-01-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Looked everywhere but can't find a suitable place to post this.

I'll try here,

Looking to call a business in England, but can't get though, it says on the contact page... I've blocked out last few digits
    Tel: 0845 838 XXXX
    Fax: 0845 838 XXXX

International callers please dial:
    Tel: +44 20 8783 XXXX

I take it I'm an International caller so how do I go about calling that number? Thanks

Company is based in London, and I'm in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Just dial 0044 20 8783 9695

(i.e. in Ireland replace the "+" with "00")

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

If you are using a mobile you can use +44

The reason this is used ( IIRC ) is because in Ireland ( and most other countries ) the dial code for international is 00 , but the USA use 01 , so in the USA it would be 01 44 208.......
    Its a bit confusing I grant ya

( of course we are assuming here you are not in Northern Ireland , in which case you are not an International caller , although 0044 will still work but you could use the 0845 lo-priced number also )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Keano! wrote: »
    Looked everywhere but can't find a suitable place to post this.

I'll try here,

Looking to call a business in England, but can't get though, it says on the contact page... I've blocked out last few digits

I take it I'm an International caller so how do I go about calling that number? Thanks

Company is based in London, and I'm in Dublin

Tel: 0044845 838 8890
    Fax: 0044845 838 8898

International callers please dial: Tel: 0044 20 8783 9695

Works for me ;)

Advertisement