Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14, 14A during the peak hours

Options
  • 04-01-2011 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi

How much time it would normally take by a bus no. 14 to go from Ballintyre, Ballinteer to the Terenure bus stop 'Orwell Road,Junction Terenure Road East, Stop 3002' in the morning and back in the evening?

or say by 14A from Ballintyre, Ballinteer to the Dartry?

I will be commuting from Ballintyre to St Lukes Hospital everyday.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
    Davidson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

About 20/25 minutes before 0730. After that traffic gets manic and it could take 30 minutes plus, particularly on the 14a.

Allow 5 minutes for the buses to get to Ballintyre from their departure times at Dundrum.

Going home, it should be 20 minutes - allow 25/30 minutes for buses to get to Rathgar in the evening peak from Parnell Square, and 15/20 minutes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 davidson

Thanks lxflyer.

If I leave after 8:15 then it takes me an hour to reach Rathgar. I suppose since schools hv started traffic has gone even worst. But its not too bad in the evening. Going to office in the morning, before 8 is alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I am assuming that you mean travel time on the bus and walking to the hospital?

If the 14 is taking 1 hour to get from Ballinteer to Rathgar I would be worried!!

Advertisement