Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert/Junior Cert maths

• 04-01-2011 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey guys looking for a little help. I intend to do a returning to education course in September coming. I want to start revising some maths. Having been trying to find info on the JC/LC maths curriculum. I have found some lovely PDFs detailing a new curriculum all of which are circa 100 pages and deal with alot of how and whys for the new curriculum.

Not what I am looking for right now if I am honest although I am sure they would make for interesting reading. If someone could point me to a list of what is covered without all the talk as to why something is included that would be great. Even if someone could point me to where the old curriculum of either is would be great.

I know I saw the old curriculum listed somewhere looking for a list along the lines of an Index that one would find in a text. Hope my request isn't to strange. Mod if you feel there is a more appropiate place to put this feel free to move.

Thanks in advance

GM

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The JC and LC syllabi are available here.

I don't understand why you would want to follow the old syllabus if you will be doing the examinations in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Okay thanks for your response. I am looking at going to third level education and don't want to totally get thrown in at the deep end. Just want to get the maths brain going. I know I will likely be doing a lot of new and different kind of maths at Uni but, If i have a grounding in some of the LC. stuff I won't be as overwhelmed.

This is one of the files I was looking at before.

Looking for something along the lines of this

http://www.gcseguide.co.uk/mathsgcseguide.htm

Algebra
    Graphs
    Number
    Shape and Space
    Statistics and Probability
    Trigonometry
    Exam Papers
    Coursework

Advertisement