Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i wrong with this from eircom

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

bealtine wrote: »
    Ha ha Comreg...they'll see themselves as being ravaged by a dead sheep.
    Comreg really don't care about consumers but if you must try contacting Comwreck then please do.

Comreg have on three separate occasions been very useful in sorting out issues in relation to two comms providers. The complaint must be solid in order for any action to be taken. The first time was the incident with "3" mobile I mentioned in this thread. The other occasions were with Eircom, one of which I mentioned in this thread. I don't see why you have knocked them, as you have put forward nothing to support your slander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

goz83 wrote: »
    Comreg have on three separate occasions been very useful in sorting out issues in relation to two comms providers. The complaint must be solid in order for any action to be taken. The first time was the incident with "3" mobile I mentioned in this thread. The other occasions were with Eircom, one of which I mentioned in this thread. I don't see why you have knocked them, as you have put forward nothing to support your slander.

experience

bealtine wrote: »
    experience

Wow. Shocking evidence. I better shut up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

goz83 wrote: »
    Wow. Shocking evidence. I better shut up now.

I creep on these forums quite a lot, and from this, I've noticed that (among others) Bealtine has some of the most experience when it comes to broadband/telecommunications questions, and unfortunately when it comes to issues with our powerless communications regulator. So, without trying to sound *too* offensive, don't be such a smartarse.

roast wrote: »
    I creep on these forums quite a lot, and from this, I've noticed that (among others) Bealtine has some of the most experience when it comes to broadband/telecommunications questions, and unfortunately when it comes to issues with our powerless communications regulator. So, without trying to sound *too* offensive, don't be such a smartarse.

I too have telecoms experience from both sides and have personal consumer experience with comreg. I think they need to do more and need more authority for dealing with coms issues.

Beatline was asked to give substance to his remarks and to be fair, his response was a mix between smartarse and dismissive. Had he answered with actual experience, then there would likely have been no further comment to make on the subject. But thanks for your input, it was actually constructive and even helpful towards Beatlines' "experience".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

I wonder has anyone got anywhere near 24 (20>24) i too am stuck in "up to" land and get 14 mb now by accident he (isp) asked my "allowance" and i said 24 which failed to sync....so he dropped it to (16511/765 (kbps) Line Attenuation28/11 dB which did sync.

but they say i shouldn't have 14 at all only 12 as thats all my line can handle (proved wrong by the fact 14mb is working ...yet they never ever mentioned that (line speed/distance bit) in the first place when selling door to door and even sent out letters to my estate touting 24mb NGB and no mention at all of "up to" anywhere in the letter so they are clearly misinforming some customers.

hopefully a new government can give comreg the power to stop this.

If you still have the letter, you could use it as avidence to prove you were misled by them. The thing is, most people throw them into the bin right away and so the evidence no longer exists. I don't have a problem with them saying "up to" as long as they continue with "Speed variable and may be lower for reasons stated below". They would then say, "Speed may be affected by line capability and distance from the exchange. Other factors may also impact on the speed and quality of the service at your property." But, this would be honest, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

Yes i do still have this letter (thinking of framing it atm)

lol. Keep it for fire power if you need it.

Advertisement