Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners Yoga/Pilate classes

Options
  • 04-01-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi

me and the gf are looking to start a class in either yoga or pilates. could someone briefly explain the difference? and what the advantages of doing yoga over pilates and vice versa.

This will be our first time doing yoga/pilates and were eager to get started as I heard the benefits are amazing, again could someone list off a few advantages of doing the classes?

Does anyone know of any classes starting this week on the southside?

Also, I see alot of different prices for drop in classes ranging from 10euro to 20euro, is it worthwhile going for a 6 week program?

thanks guy:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chevalfou

You will find a list of yoga classes on the South side at
    http://www.yoga-ireland.com/classes/dsouth.htm
    Yes, it is worth signing for a 6 weeks course (or longer). Only REGULAR practice will bring benefits. Dipping you toes it when it suits won't make much difference to your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 aidybop

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Hi

me and the gf are looking to start a class in either yoga or pilates. could someone briefly explain the difference? and what the advantages of doing yoga over pilates and vice versa.

This will be our first time doing yoga/pilates and were eager to get started as I heard the benefits are amazing, again could someone list off a few advantages of doing the classes?

Does anyone know of any classes starting this week on the southside?

Also, I see alot of different prices for drop in classes ranging from 10euro to 20euro, is it worthwhile going for a 6 week program?

thanks guy:)

Pilates: strengthening and toning
    Yoga: Enlightenment (and all the other stuff!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ananda Balasana

Pilates focuses on core strengthening and stability in the body and joints.
    Very good for toning abdominlas.

Yoga is based around flexibility and strengthening the bodys muscles and joints. Many different styles of yoga, from meditation to tough physical practises like Asthanga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

is there any pilate classes for men om the northside?

Advertisement