Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a gadget in Sligo.

Options
  • 04-01-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I am in no way trying to sell anything via Boards.ie but I was wondering could anyone help me out with how to go about selling something in Sligo?

I have a brand new never been opened, nevermind USED, unlocked Samsung Galaxy Tablet and I am rubbish with ebay and stuff like that, was wondering if anyone could suggest to me what would be the best way to go about selling it? I'd like to keep it local if I can, you know like a hand to hand transaction.

If possible, just because I'd really not like to get swindled or anything with it.

If anyone could let me know where would be the best place to advertise I'd be very grateful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Lornen wrote: »
    I am in no way trying to sell anything via Boards.ie but I was wondering could anyone help me out with how to go about selling something in Sligo?

I have a brand new never been opened, nevermind USED, unlocked Samsung Galaxy Tablet and I am rubbish with ebay and stuff like that, was wondering if anyone could suggest to me what would be the best way to go about selling it? I'd like to keep it local if I can, you know like a hand to hand transaction.

If possible, just because I'd really not like to get swindled or anything with it.

If anyone could let me know where would be the best place to advertise I'd be very grateful :)

Noticeboard outside Tesco maybe? Or perhaps contact the Champion/Weekender?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

You could stick one up on adverts.ie either, it'd be no harm! A long shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If I didn't have an iPad, I'd be interested! ;)

As suggested, try Adverts.ie and you might get some luck.. although it's not the easiest to sell to Sligo sellers (there's not enough of them).

DoneDeal.ie might be worth a try.. it'll cost you a few euro to advertise but odds are it'll get sold quicker there.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

basquille wrote: »
    If I didn't have an iPad, I'd be interested! ;)

As suggested, try Adverts.ie and you might get some luck.. although it's not the easiest to sell to Sligo sellers (there's not enough of them).

DoneDeal.ie might be worth a try.. it'll cost you a few euro to advertise but odds are it'll get sold quicker there.

Donedeal.ie have one already up selling for 500 and it's been advertised for 45 days now.. I was hoping to shift this bad boy quick sticks :(

Well Basquille, it's unlocked and if you know any friends interested you know where to find me. I'll let mine go for 500 as it retails for 675 and that's on a network so I think i'm being reasonable not wanting too much a loss!

Thank you all! Does anyone know if Tesco ask you to pay for sticking up a notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thank you all! Does anyone know if Tesco ask you to pay for sticking up a notice?
    I don't think so..

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    I don't think so..

Oh ho ho Tesco tomorrow then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Donedeal.ie have one already up selling for 500 and it's been advertised for 45 days now.. I was hoping to shift this bad boy quick sticks :(

Well Basquille, it's unlocked and if you know any friends interested you know where to find me. I'll let mine go for 500 as it retails for 675 and that's on a network so I think i'm being reasonable not wanting too much a loss!

There is no charge to place notices up, just make sure you date it clearly, and if you live in town keep an eye on it, I have had some ads disapear with in a day of two of putting them up (they're not suppose to be removed for about a week or so).

irish-stew wrote: »
    There is no charge to place notices up, just make sure you date it clearly, and if you live in town keep an eye on it, I have had some ads disapear with in a day of two of putting them up (they're not suppose to be removed for about a week or so).

Oh wow, you only get to keep it up for a week?

They don't mind you re-applying an advert would they?

After the week is up do you have to wait a length of time before putting another up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Oh wow, you only get to keep it up for a week?

They don't mind you re-applying an advert would they?

After the week is up do you have to wait a length of time before putting another up?

Just a week as far as I know, someone goes round, checks the dates on them, and removes them once the week is up.

Bear in mind the ads are not behind a screen or window so anyone can put something up, or take them down if being sneaky and advertising a similar item (staff my take them down if not appropiate).

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

In relation to what is marked above in bold, many people don't tend to bother changing the status of the item to sold. So it potentially could have been sold at any stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement