Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheelchair parking spaces question.

Options
  • 04-01-2011 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

i think anyone who parks in those spaces and isnt in need of it should be fined and towed away.
    heres my question.

is it illegal to name and shame them?as in put a photo of the car and reg up on a website such as this?or has it been done or is it being done etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055438379

have a look through this thread, plenty of named and shamed drivers here.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

see here for many examples (mixed in with other bad parking)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055438379

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭CabanasBoy

I would never park in a spot reserved for disabled badge holders, however, why is there a need for a dozen spots reserved for badge holders outside the local B&Q??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

CabanasBoy wrote: »
    I would never park in a spot reserved for disabled badge holders, however, why is there a need for a dozen spots reserved for badge holders outside the local B&Q??????

To make up for the thoughtless feckers who park in them without stickers.
    As someone who's had to use them I'm of the opinion that more is better than less in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭CabanasBoy

I usually do a "Homer", park across three of 'em and limp to store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

wow thanks guys i never realised lol

and i wonder if iparklikeanidiot delivers to ireland.id love to get a few of those bumper stickers.
    i tried but theres no option for irish delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

any more muppetous posting will get you banned to Cabanasboy . check the charter re- posts that don't add anything to the forum. Cheers for reading.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I think B&Q cater for the elderly a lot and have a 10% discount day where they have a good few shoppers that would use the disabled spots. I go there quite a lot for the simple reason there is so many spaces and I don't feel too guilty taking up two spaces allowing me to take my son out the back of the car with the ramps and not end up blocking the road also it stops people parking behind me leaving no room to get the ramps out. If only beaumont hospital had half as many spaces I would be a happy chappy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Has anyone ever tried parking in Tallaght Hospital? What a ****ing joke that place is. The "multi-storey" car park in the grounds only has 4(yes FOUR) disabled parking bays on the ground floor, but these are usually taken up by some ignoramus/lazy **** who can't be bothered looking up on the next level(s).

Also, the spaces out in the main car park that are supposed to be for disabled people are way too small! A wheelchair user would never be able to get their chair out of their car in those spaces!?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 plon

I agree the Adelaide and Meath is a disgrace in respect of wheelchair parking spots as are nearly all the hospitals that I use excluding the NRH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

in tallaght hospital car park there are disabled spaces on each floor not only the ground floor and sometimes these are bigger....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I usually do a "Homer", park across three of 'em and limp to store.

Are you trying to be funny or serious?? I hope I don't catch you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

its the same in beaumont and vincents. there are more at beaumont than any other hosp although it isnt saying much. hosps need spaces that arent in the multi story car parks too - a lot of disabled vans wouldnt fit under the hight restrictions on those places. its a 'mare finding a spot at vincents. considering these are hospitals you would expect a lot of spaces but in reality there are only a handful at most. not unlike your local supermarket.

Advertisement