Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i do this?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Theres a house i want to buy but the person who lives there at the moment isnt moving just yet. Legally speaking can i get a company like lisney to ask the person will they be selling anytime soon- a speculative approach if you will?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Why would you ask an Estate Agent? I know people who have bought houses by putting a card through the doors on a road they liked with contact details. Saved a fortune on estate agents fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You can always ask but if it is one particular house & not one of a row of houses, the owner may well try to inflate the price if they do decide to move

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Having a price tag can help some decide, esp if they had already looked into selling up.

Advertisement