Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hotels for hen parties?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anyone know of any nice reasonably priced hotels in athlone, looking for a central location near bars and niteclubs :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Prince of Wales?? It's central, has got karma nightclub attached, and I'm pretty sure patrons get in for free/reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Yeah Prince of Wales is probably the best location and best for hen parties. I think they might even have a special weekend deal for hen parties which includes cocktail making in their cocktail bar. Not sure about reasonably priced but I'm sure you can get a good deal if you haggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Prince definitely one of the best places in town, but might be no harm to price the Radission as well, its still very central and friends of mine have found it cheaper on a couple of occasions than the prince!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea OP, the prince is your best bet - cross the bridge to seans and the snug, and back over then for the prince bar,coppers or karma

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

you'd imagine guests of the Prince would automatically get free entry to karma but I have heard of them being stingy and looking to charge on certain nights. id say the raddison is a better spot altogether, its got one of them spa things where womens get muck on their face and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Yeah Radisson is another good spot for hens, there's a couple of hen parties staying there every weekend nearly. Probably cheaper than the Prince, with the pool and spa on site. Sheraton also has this.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Ya the Sheraton is a lovely hotel but somebody needs to tell them there's a recession cause they can be wild expensive. Also just found out the Hodson Bay are doing rooms for €69 b&b which is very good for there the only this is, it's a bit outside town you will need a taxi in..

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Ya the Sheraton is a lovely hotel but somebody needs to tell them there's a recession cause they can be wild expensive. Also just found out the Hodson Bay are doing rooms for €69 b&b which is very good for there the only this is, it's a bit outside town you will need a taxi in..

Ah, the Hudson bay is a bit far out for a hen night, esp having to organise taxis or a minibus to get back to it etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

Reckon the prince is a fine hotel and if ye chat them when booking, they are not going to turn people away over a free pass to Nite Club.

The Prince Bar would not be fierce lively though so best off hitting over to Seans/ Snug or gerties (all round the bridge/ castle) and then heading back for Karma.

If ye looking for grub, Pizza Mama is the spot. Also has bring your own wine which is handy.

TUBBY wrote: »
    If ye looking for grub, Pizza Mama is the spot. Also has bring your own wine which is handy.

You can do the same now with the resturant just beside subway at the bridge. The lad that owns it used to work in pizza mama.. + he gives a free shot or 2 of some killer spirit after the meal :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement