Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hardrives

Options
  • 04-01-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to get an External Hardrive for my laptop, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to you the external hardrive on a couple of laptops or can it just be used for one laptop. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on a good size hardrive to get. I tend to store alot of photos and music on my laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Your external hard drive will work on any laptop you plug it into.

As for how big it needs to be, pretty much any portable external hard drive will be 250GB+, which going by what you say, would be tonnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Just one word of caution.. there is "portable" and there is external..

Some of the larger (500Gb +) drives require a power supply in addition to the USB connection, so it somewhat limits the portability..

If you want to use the laptop away from power sources you might want to consider this, and check the harddrive before purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Cheers, much appreciated :)

Advertisement