Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Limerick - Online Booking Error ** Beware**

• 04-01-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

booked gullivers travels 1.20pm showing for today, when i got to omniplex i was told it was an error on advertising on the website and the movie didnt start till 3.20pm! with 2 major disappointed kids, we had to hang around for a further two hours. It was so frustrating and not even a coke or popcorn for compensation!! just in case this happens to other omniplex fans, beware :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

In the Omniplex TOS:
    Omniplex Cinemas will do everything possible to ensure the show and operating times of the cinema are true to the advertisements. However due to circumstances beyond Omniplex’s control there may be times that a film has to be cancelled or shown at a different time. In this instance the customer may be given a complimentary ticket or in some circumstances a refund of the ticket only.

They don't have to refund you, or give you anything due to an advertising error, however is a large shopping centre right next to it - which could easily be used to pass the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Ok this is off topic but i was wondering if anyone from the omniplex was on they could answer my question.. "Why oh why did you stop selling the hot cheese and jalepenos with your nacho's?" The new nacho's are vile, and don't get me started on the yucky excuse for a cheese dip. I have gone elsewhere but I would return if the nacho's did. I also know of at least 10 others who would too.

Thanks.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Also beware (not a big deal but if your a real tight arse and stingy, which I am not) if you have Gift Vouchers for shows in the Omniplex (in my experience) they wont be accepted for a 3D film for which they tend to charge a higher entry fee for.

Last time I was there they would not accept my vouchers for 3D films and would not allow me to pay just the extra fee in cash. I did not mind really, was just mildly dis-appointed as I had forgotten
    about said vouchers and they were about to expire.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

bullets wrote: »
    Also beware (not a big deal but if your a real tight arse and stingy, which I am not) if you have Gift Vouchers for shows in the Omniplex (in my experience) they wont be accepted for a 3D film for which they tend to charge a higher entry fee for.

Last time I was there they would not accept my vouchers for 3D films and would not allow me to pay just the extra fee in cash. I did not mind really, was just mildly dis-appointed as I had forgotten

~B
    Odd, I did exactly that the last time I was in the cinema, paid the extra and used a voucher. Was sometime ago though (avatar 3d) so maybe they changed their rules since then.
    I'd have kicked up a stink unless it specifically says on the voucher that it is not valid for 3d films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

phill106 wrote: »
    Odd, I did exactly that the last time I was in the cinema, paid the extra and used a voucher. Was sometime ago though (avatar 3d) so maybe they changed their rules since then.
    I'd have kicked up a stink unless it specifically says on the voucher that it is not valid for 3d films.

LOL! Typical my bad luck! That was the exact film where the guy behind the counter
    refused to let me do just that .

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

bullets wrote: »

~B

I cant understand why they refuse this as they have already got the value of the vouchers, a but unfair really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dizzymom wrote: »
    booked gullivers travels 1.20pm showing for today, when i got to omniplex i was told it was an error on advertising on the website and the movie didnt start till 3.20pm! with 2 major disappointed kids, we had to hang around for a further two hours. It was so frustrating and not even a coke or popcorn for compensation!! just in case this happens to other omniplex fans, beware :(

blessing in disguise :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

dizzymom wrote: »

On another note altogethr, dont go for the 3d version of Gullivers travels. Would look just as good in 2d. No idea why they bothered with 3d..its useless as a 3d flick

Advertisement