Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Problems - Sony Zylo W21

Options
  • 04-01-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I've a Sony Zylo W21 slider phone bought back in September 2010 from Vodafone's online store

when slid up no buttons respond

it started after a charge two weeks ago with buttons on the left side beside the usb port not working
    but now includes all buttons excluding numbers when slid up

today, the phone has started to randomly fade to black and the screen won't respond
    with me having to turn the phone off and on again

Has anyone ever had or heard of these problems?

I keep it in a silicone slip case to protect the screen so it hasn't been abused

hopefully I can get it repaired under warranty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It sounds like the ribbon is partly damaged, it can happen from poor design, as the slider is open and shut over time, its slowly doing damage, shouldn't go this quick, and I cant see any problems with it fixed for free under warranty.

You can either go instore to vodafone, or send it to MPRC in sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Known issue. Faulty flex on the phone. As Davy said, MPRC or Fonemenders, or the shop you bought it from can post it for you. MPRC charge a walk in fee, so it's cheaper to get the shop to send it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Thanks lads, off to vodafone I go

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

when slid up no buttons respond

it started after a charge two weeks ago with buttons on the left side beside the usb port not working
    but now includes all buttons excluding numbers when slid up

today, the phone has started to randomly fade to black and the screen won't respond
    with me having to turn the phone off and on again
    Exact same thing happened to me after about 4 months. Left it into shop, was fixed and sent back in just over a week.

Advertisement