Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training on the Internet...what do you think?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Folks,

I am thinking of setting up an internet training course to help people to become expert on using the internet.

I have a lot of experience as an internet consultant and businessman.

How to make use of the internet?
    Where to find information on the internet?
    Best sites for your needs ?
    Best email accounts etc?
    How to use twitter, facebook etc?
    How to create your own website ?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

For starters I need to learn how to get this message on new posts on boards....hmmmm.

Best Regards,

Martin Stephens

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Have you done any research on the demand for this type of service?

I would imagine that someone who wants training on using the web might prefer a classroom/tutor type method of teaching as they would have a lot of questions, you could include a dvd with your course which the student can refer to if they are nervous about going on the Internet.

How would you earn revenue? would you be charging membership for the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EireTraining

Actually the idea ( not properly described ...apologies) would be classroom based. A structured fromat with wifi where people would use the internet as the class progresses.

I was planning to use boards as initial research.

Perhaps an example of how complex and frustrating the internet can be. I cant get these posts to appear on todays posts (which I use quite a lot).

Revenue would be the fee for classes run like evening classes but ith follow on support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

So you mean "how to use the internet"?

Using twitter/email/google is one thing but teaching someone how to create a website is a whole other kettle of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

OP, your proposition is flawed for two reasons.

Setting up a course via a medium which they are uncomfortable with already
    would be a huge turn off to many potential students.

Secondly,from my experience of the " golden age internet beginners " category, 50 per cent will ask their children /grandchildren for guidance and the other 50 per cent only seem to attend computer courses just to get out of the house or for social reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mikefm

Consider running it via an 'Adult Learning' programme through a local school. Even just to trial the concept/material etc. plus the school would have facilities and ready-made audience

Thanks for your comments.

Does anyone know why this thread never appears on todays posts?

.....sometimes websites / internet can be so frustrating ....

Advertisement