Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice..

Options
  • 04-01-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Hi my condom split there about 3 weeks ago to cut a long story short, my fiance has been sick, bad nausea, hot flushes, very senitive nipples and fatigue. We havent really talked about it but I was thinking maybe these are signs of pregnancy and said id try boards for some info? Normally her period comes around this week so I suppose just gotta wait and see.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hi magicface,
    Well if she has a regular 28 day cycle and the condom split 3 weeks ago and period not due til this week, its possible that is was too early to conceive - she would not normally ovulate until 2 weeks before her period. However everyone is different so you cant rely on this for contraception.
    Id also say that most people only develop major pregnancy symptoms such as nausea etc after about week 6 of pregnancy, however again it is possible that tenders breasts and tiredness could be early symptoms.
    Really its a waiting game....but the timing seems like she may not have ovulated for a week after the condom broke...but again....sperm can survive in the fallopian tubes for up to 5 days or so.....
    That isnt much help really but its all i know!:o
    Im no expert so if her period does not arrive when expected then get discuss it with her, get her to do a test and then depending on the results see the doctor and have lots of chats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Those are also the signs of flu! You can get an early pregnancy test kit in any pharmacy - try that before you go to the doctor as the ones the doctors use are not always as good as the ones available over-the-counter.

Then, depending on the result, visit this site:
    http://www.positiveoptions.ie/
    It goes through all the options available to you, from parenting and choosing the right kind of antenatal care to adoption and abortion services. It is the only state-sponsored site and is excellent. When you've read through that, take your time and speak long and hard with your partner. Good luck.

Advertisement