Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Brisbane to Cairns

Options
  • 04-01-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

As I said in my previous post im going to OZ on Friday for a month. My plans are to travel from Brisbane up the coast to Cairns.

With the current floods does anyone know if this route will be possible now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Not by road anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Not by road anyway

Whats the odds by the end of next week would you guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Quick look on virgin blue & you'd be able to fly for about $120.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

pf85 wrote: »
    Whats the odds by the end of next week would you guess?

Keep in touch with the papers to see how things are progressing. In doing so you'll learn that the flood in Rocky is peaking now at 9.4m, you can draw your own conclusions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I've got a truck waitin to Go to Tolga in FNQ, dosent look like it'll be leavin here till the middle of Next week at least, and thats predicated on it Stopping Raining in the next 48 Hours, the roads have been designed to be the most resilliant part of the system up there, and generally they are the first bits back functioning, normally takes a few days toh after the rains stop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 nancy121

By looking at the weather of past few days it seems an uphill task to drive your way through. But looking at the weather, it might change or rather improve in some days. Roads here are well constructed & designed in a way that they can suffer high blows from weather. All you need to do is check the weather of last week and also the climatic conditions for last two days. This will give you the precise idea of what option you need to go for. If weather remains the same then traveling by air is the only way left for you.

Advertisement