Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Union Elections 2011

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Good chance Ron will win edu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Some positions filled:

President: Pat de Brun

C+C: Lee

Education: Geoghegan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

RosyLily wrote: »
    Some positions filled:

President: Pat de Brun

C+C: Lee

Education: Geoghegan

Observer website says Lacey was elected for C+C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Observer website says Lacey was elected for C+C.

I hope it was Lee, I'm loving the idea of growing my own vegetables.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Darcy got ents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Pres = Pat
    C&C = Lacey
    Ents = Darcy
    Welfare = Breslin
    Education = Geoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

If Jen Fox hadn't been on the ballot paper RON would have won pretty handily I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

pljudge321 wrote: »
    If Jen Fox hadn't been on the ballot paper RON would have won pretty handily I reckon.

About 300 of her votes were non transferrable so they went nowhere after she was eliminated. That is what saved geoghan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

About 300 of her votes were non transferrable so they went nowhere after she was eliminated. That is what saved geoghan.

What saved Geoghan is the fact that he picked up 548 transfers whereas RON picked up a meagre 58. Very hard argue that those non-transferable votes would have ended up heading to RON mainly - could have just as easily followed the trend and headed towards Geoghan I reckon.

When it came to the transfers I was not expecting Geoghan to loose out to RON. Seems that a lot of people voting for Jen Fox were doing so to allow her get a decent polling (and at least allow her get her expenses back) and transferring back to Geoghan knowing that it would come down to the wire and their transfers would determine the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JBoy!

whispers going around that they are gonna hold the education election again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

whispers going around that they are gonna hold the education election again!!

From dreamers tbh, never going to happen. SG won democratically, and by over 850 votes after the second count.

I dislike the way it became a hate campaign against the guy..

Happy with De Bruin, would have preferred Lorna for welfare though..

Ah well, best of luck to them all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CMoonheadNo1

GO ON THE MOONHEAD:)

Advertisement