Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Business I need HELP

• 04-01-2011 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm doing HL Maths, Physics, English, Economics, Music and German.
    I'm a B3-A1 in those subjects;
    but for some reason that I can't explain I'm getting D-C grades in Business and it's annoying me.
    Apparently I don't sufficent examples.
    When I'm asked to explain something I list the points, but once I explain they become coherent!
    Any tips would be greatfully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

AtomicMess wrote: »
    I'm doing HL Maths, Physics, English, Economics, Music and German.
    I'm a B3-A1 in those subjects;
    but for some reason that I can't explain I'm getting D-C grades in Business and it's annoying me.
    Apparently I don't sufficent examples.
    When I'm asked to explain something I list the points, but once I explain they become coherent!
    Any tips would be greatfully appreciated.

I saw you answered my thread so i'll try and help you! Obviously im only in 5th year and have a lot more to do, but i've consistently gotten A1's in Every class test this year.. The most important thing in Business is to State, Explain, Example. For every 5 marks in a long question you should have one sufficent piece of information using the SEE method.. For a 25 mark question you should be writing at least 1 1/4 A4 pages.. Ill post more tips when I think of some! Best of luck! Just keep working on the exam papers and worship the marking schemes.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

im in the same boat as you . everyone always goes on about how easy business is . i am also getting low cs and ds but its probably because i dont study it well enough . its not that i dont like business its just that i find the book we study from so boring. were using 21 century business by william murphy and i find the book awful:mad: its full of waffly and crap examples and i find as soon as i even attempt to study i get bored. Anyone else think the same? I might start using ''business a dynamic world instead'' . my brother used that for his leaving and got an A1 . is this book still in date with today leaving cert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

im in the same boat as you . everyone always goes on about how easy business is . i am also getting low cs and ds but its probably because i dont study it well enough . its not that i dont like business its just that i find the book we study from so boring. were using 21 century business by william murphy and i find the book awful:mad: its full of waffly and crap examples and i find as soon as i even attempt to study i get bored. Anyone else think the same? I might start using ''business a dynamic world instead'' . my brother used that for his leaving and got an A1 . is this book still in date with today leaving cert ?

We use "Global Business" by John O'Connor (Folens) and its really good! Very easy to read and understand! Also a good book is "Revision by Definition" by Folens. It's a small revision book that goes through the whole course! It's brilliant and only like 6 euro!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I saw you answered my thread so i'll try and help you! Obviously im only in 5th year and have a lot more to do, but i've consistently gotten A1's in Every class test this year.. The most important thing in Business is to State, Explain, Example. For every 5 marks in a long question you should have one sufficent piece of information using the SEE method.. For a 25 mark question you should be writing at least 1 1/4 A4 pages.. Ill post more tips when I think of some! Best of luck! Just keep working on the exam papers and worship the marking schemes.. :D

In every question, short or long! Should be very straightforward, no waffle!

For a replacement text book, the less stress would be the one to get if getting a new on, would be cheaper than an actual text book

Advertisement