Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads noticeboards

Options
  • 04-01-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently started working for a free ads paper that lets anyone put in a classified ad for free. As well as people contacting us to put in ads, we also canvas ads by ringing numbers off noticeboards, where people have an item for sale. We don't and indeed aren't allowed to publish the ad without consent from the seller.

To this end, I was just wondering where around town would have noticeboards with these kind of ads on them? I know Dunnes & Tesco have one, as well as Supervalu, but the more I know of, the better. Any suggestions?

Mods - if this is inappropriate, please remove with my apologies. I did check the charter but as this is a free service (of what admittedly is a commercial enterprise), and I haven't named the paper or linked to the company website, I reasoned that it should be ok. If I'm wrong in that reasoning, again, my apologies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

If people want to answer and help, fair enough, just please don't repost or bump.

/moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Thank you PopeBuckfast, appreciated and will follow your guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ok, I'll bite. This is based on my list of places to put posters. (And fair warning .. other suggestions that people give will probably get put on my postering list!)

Libraries
    Augustine St
    Westside
    Ballybane
    Oranmore

City cafes
    Luna
    Wholefoods - don't do posters any more due to a paint job
    Trishas
    Oven Door
    Kellys
    Amnesty International
    Renzo - mainly do bigger posters, not small phone no ones

Tourist venues- don't normally have notices with individual phone numbers, so I won't list 'em, except perhaps for:
    Arts Centre
    Arus na Gael

Hospitals
    Galway Clinic
    Bon Secours
    Merlin Park
    UCHG
    Hospice
    other CancerCare West sites
    (not sure how much some of these have individual phone no type notices)

Church noticeboards (there may be others that have notices, not sure)
    St Nicholas - not individual phone nos
    Knocknacarra
    Doughiska
    Abbey
    Claddagh
    The Jes

Hostels
    Kinlay
    Sleepzone
    Snoozles
    Barnacles
    Galway City

Hotels / Pubs - don't normally have notices with individual phone numbers, so I won't list 'em.

3rd Level Campuses
    NUIG
    GMIT
    GTI
    Atlantic
    Bridge Mills
    Galway Cultural Inst.

Music shops
    Powells
    Opus II

Bookshops
    Charlie Byrnes
    Joyces?
    Bell Book n Candle
    Book Exchange

Other shops
    Bead shop
    Kem Bali

Taxi offices - don't normally have notices with individual phone numbers, so I won't list 'em.

Major workplaces - lots of em have noticeboards, but you probably won't have access.

Shopping Centres
    Dunnes Westside - not sure if they have a customer noticeboard
    Joyces Knocknacarra (they do .. and I don't care what ye say, it not in Rahoon!)
    Dunnes Briarhill - def have a noticeboard

Post Offices
    Fr Griffin Rd

... How's that for a start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Most of the internet cafes have posters up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

JustMary wrote: »
    Dunnes Westside - not sure if they have a customer noticeboard
    Joyces Knocknacarra (they do .. and I don't care what ye say, it not in Rahoon!)
    !

Ok can't resist, sorry! Was in The 'controversial location' Dunnes, a week or so ago over in the fruit and veg section when they were stocking. A pile of huge boxes were there with 'Dunnes Stores - Rahoon Branch' stencilled on the side. While marketing may have gotten the 'shh, we call it Knocknacarra' now memo, obviously not every dep did! Lol!

Back on topic, OP, you may want to try Community centres like Westside. A lot of smaller newsagents have them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Only other ones I can think of are the veg shop in the Eyre Sq Centre and the Vets on St Marys Rd depending on who you are trying to sell to.
    There is also one of the newsagents in Eyre Sq has a board but Im fecked if I can remember which one (thats gonna keep me awake all night now).
    Best of luck!

Advertisement