Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could erase 1 game from memory - so you could replay it ..

Options
  • 04-01-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

What would it be ?
    Although the game I'd choose isn't necessarily my favourite game (mohaa/FF7), the story was so amazing that I'd love to play through it again and experience it for the first time..

I'd have to go with Mass Effect 1/2 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Deus Ex
    Half-Life
    Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

Don't make me choose one...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

FF7 (Obviously)
    or
    Homeworld (Epic in every sense of the word)
    or
    Resident Evil (It was the first time I actually 'jumped' playing a video game)

If I had to pick one well then FF7 probably.

On a side note I got Mass Effect 2 the other day, will it make no sense if I havent played Mass Effect 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FF7 (Obviously)
    or
    Homeworld (Epic in every sense of the word)
    or
    Resident Evil (It was the first time I actually 'jumped' playing a video game)

If I had to pick one well then FF7 probably.

On a side note I got Mass Effect 2 the other day, will it make no sense if I havent played Mass Effect 1?

I would strongly urge you to play through Mass Effect 1 first.
    You will enjoy the 2nd one, but its just not the same if you've not played the first.
    In a similar vein to Godfather 2 or Back to the Future 2, both are amazing on their own, but they continue the story and its better if you;ve seen the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Vagrant Story. Was thinking FF7 but i actually wasnt too keen on it when i first got it with it being my first JRPG experience and being all new to me. I stopped playing it for a few months then came back to it and loved it. Picked Vagrant Story cause i kinda rushed through it and the crafting aspect of the game was kinda lost to me in my younger years...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Zelda: Link to the past
    System Shock 1 & 2
    Borderlands

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Baldur's Gate 2. It's not my favourite game of all time, but it's probably my favourite from a story point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Zelda: Ocarina of Time for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Panzer Dragoon Saga. What an amazing game and story, would love to experience it fresh again. Puts stuff like FFVII to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Red Dead, I didn't want it to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Metal Gear Solid - Would love to experience that again for the 1st time.... preferably in a current gen engine but that wouldnt be a game breaker!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Like others maybe not because they were the best or my favorite but they were just so new and fresh at the time and other reasons.

Zelda: A link to the past
    Silent Hill
    Metal gear solid
    GTA: 3 / Vice city
    Rock Band 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Tis hard to think of names when your asked :P

Bioshock and Darksiders would spring off the top of my head though.

EDIT: Oooo ooo! Both Uncharted games!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Half life :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

FEAR, and play it again in the dark with loud surround, epic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Call Of Duty 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Call Of Duty 2

good one !!!!! before it went to hell and back and back again.

Shocking I still remember all the multiplayer maps yet struggle to find the memory of mp maps from games I played only months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Fallout 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Planescape: Torment. Goddamn, I loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Super Mario 64, just to marvel at the sheer genius of it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Demon's Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Red Dead, I didn't want it to end.

I wish I could erase it from my memory and just give it to you. For keeps. Happy Christmas, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Golden Sun.

It is AMAZING.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I don't play a lot of games, but one that I couldn't get enough of was the Mass Effect series (1 & 2). I couldn't put it down, it was immense.

If only because it's half gotten me back into game, I would choose them. Pure magic, what story games are about.

I'm currently playing Deus Ex for the first time, we'll see how that goes in the finish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has to be Final Fantasy VII. My leaving cert went to shiit that year but I would love to experience it again, preferably rebooted on the PS3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Id have to say world of warcraft with ocarina of time a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Silent hill 2 for me the story was fantastic for a survival horror game from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

CoD:MW
    FF VII (haven't played one since, would i be disappointed?)
    AC II
    Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Oblivion - Good grief, to pump 200 hours into it and marvel at all the little things I find for the 1st time. Can't wait for the sequel this year to drain my life again.

Deus Ex - Had a demo on PC and loved it, couldn't find the game anywhere until the brother got it years later on the PS2. It was great but I wish I could go back and play it originally on the PC for the 1st time.

Half-life 2 - I sort of liked the 1st one, couldn't really warm to it though I tried but this was just pure brilliance.

Doom - I remember 1st playing it when it came out on an old, crappy Ultra Desktop..........1st time I ever dealt with DOS and I can still hear the speaker from the motherboard making beeping noises :pac:

F-Zero - Played it the night my brother won an All-Ireland Nintendo competition back in 92. The graphics blew me away :D

Mortal Kombat II - Great Xmas that was having such a "taboo" game.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Zelda: A Link to the Past & OoT
    Metal Gear Solid
    God of War 1 & 2
    Demons Souls

Would like to suggest 'Tomb Raider' for the enjoyment and wonder I experienced at the time of playing but fearful that it would feel ordinary (particularly against the Uncharted series).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Privateer 2: The Darkening

Advertisement