Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could erase 1 game from memory - so you could replay it ..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wish I could erase it from my memory and just give it to you. For keeps. Happy Christmas, like.

Why that would be delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Any Civilisation game
    Elder Scrolls: 3 or 4.

Both less about the story, just the general experience. You never get to relive your first impression.....both of those games were "WTF" moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Planescape: Torment. Goddamn, I loved that game.

Mine too.

Apt choice for one to erase from your brain considering the nature of the game....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

For me, it would either be Wip3out or Morrowind.

Wip3out because the game is aesthetically perfect. The sounds, music, graphics, UI and gameplay are all amazing. I haven't seen anything that can approach it since.

Morrowind, because of when I first played it in 2003. I was 16 and I got the game with a graphics card for computer that I'd upgraded. I remember stepping off the boat and just looking around. It looked amazing. Then there was the shock of being able to go pretty much everywhere that I wanted. I didn't think such a game was possible. I just started walking, and walking, and walking... and walking...

So, which one? I don't know. I really don't need to erase Wip3out from my mind to be awed by it. Morrowind might not have the same impact on me now that I've played stuff like Oblivion and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and I don't want to ruin all those glorious memories for nothing. So I don't know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'd love to start afresh with Shenmue again. Yakuza just isn't the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Surprised no one has said it yet but its gotta be Pokémon red version I remember getting it for Christmas was my 3rd Gameboy game I think and spent 45 mins with my cousin trying to get out of the house!!!(he had the blue version!!!!)=D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Halo Reach!
    I'd love to have that erased from my mind.

Just that....i'd love to have it erased from my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Manhunt - First time playing it was just unreal.

Assassins creed - I really enjoyed that.

Metal gear solid - snake eater!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

if i can erase the memory of the game AND my experience of playing games on HDTV, i will defo choose to replay ff6 again. or ff7. ff6. or ff7. lol i still remember how these games gave me some amazing gaming experience and i grow up with these games....

or Link's awakening on gb.

thanks for this thread, i think i know whats the game that i will let my children play lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

arkham asylum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

And aswell as my previous post of Call Of Duty 2, i would also like to forget everything about Band Of Brothers, game or not it deserves a mention i feel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

caspa307 wrote: »
    arkham asylum
    While AA was perfectly pleasant, your 1 game you would waste on AA?

That's a bit crazy, don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat II - Great Xmas that was having such a "taboo" game.

I DLed it on PSN, still great when you pull of a 'Fatality'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Metal gear solid 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mega Drive - Sonic 2
    SNES - Mario Kart
    N64 - Ocarina of Time
    PS1 - Gran Turismo
    PS2 - SSX Tricky
    Xbox - Forza 1
    Xbox 360/PS3 - nothing really stands out on either platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thief: The Dark Project
    Thief II: The Metal Age
    Mass Effect 1 & 2
    System Shock 2

ah....Thief, it was amazing.

EDIT: Nearly forgot about Fahrenheit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

KOTOR I - just the story was brilliant, did not see that twist coming at all.
    Any of the Worms games - just playing it with my brothers when we were younger was hilarious. just seeing the wacky weapons for the first time was so funny :D
    I-War 2: EoC - just loved playing this sim the first time over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Deus ex 1 - absolutely brilliant. I still remember not liking a character in the game and deciding to kill them thinking the game would end, yet it continued!

FF9 - The first ff game I ever played and the best. They have been steadily getting worse and worse since. FF13 is absolute tripe.

Mario 64 - Just brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

1. populus
    2. earthworms first edition
    3. all the halo series
    4. formula one
    5. colin macrae's rally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Panzer Dragoon Saga. What an amazing game and story, would love to experience it fresh again. Puts stuff like FFVII to shame.

!!! YES! when i saw this thread i actually put money down on you going "panzer dragoon saga" and i thought "maybe he'll have a go at ff7 cos everyone will be saying that". you are getting predictable old man! ps - was thinking yesterday, you should try take a photo of your game collection. would be quite interesting.

for me, Crono Trigger springs to mind as does Half Life 2 and Metroid Prime. I would not like deleting super metroid from my brain as I still know where the stuff is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

None really. Take away the nostalgia and yesterday's games have all pretty much been bettered and improved on. I recently went to play Final Fantasy V, having never played it before and without the benefit of having great childhood memories of it, it's pretty bland, it looks crap and the sound is rubbish. Give me any genric current gen JRPG over it any day.

Looking at it objectively if I had never played the games I love - like Terranigma, FFVII, Half-Life, Mario Kart 64 - I don't think I'd be impressed by them. They've all been improved on by games that in many ways rip them off. I honestly believe that Alundra is a better game than Link to the Past, and improves on it in numerous ways despite lacking almost any originality. They were all ground breaking games, and raised the bar, but their immitators have improved on them in many ways. Singularity will never be as ground breaking as Half-Life, but if you give the two of them to someone who has never played them and don't give them any context, I'm confident they'll think Singularity is the better game.

The only two games that I feel would still stand up as being as impressive gameplay wise as they were the day they were released are Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but only because they have never been improved upon. Darksiders and Wind Waker and Twilight Princess have tried but still aren't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Too difficult but probably something like Zelda LTTP or OOT. Call of Duty. Link to the Past probably wins but the memory wipe would have to mean I still appreciated SNES gfx :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got to disagree there. While some games have definitely been bettered and some people won't accept it (cough Goldeneye) there are a lot of games that are old but absolutely timeless. FFV is a bad example to pick since it has it's flaws although the battle system is truly excellent in that game. FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star 4 and Terranigma are some of the pinnacles of the JRPG genre and there's not many modern RPGs that can match them on Quality. Stuff like R-type, Super Mario World, Megaman 2 etc. are still as much fun to play today as they ever were. There are a lot of games that don't live up to when you first played them and are products of their time. A lot are usually have rabid fanboy followings blind to their flaws which means you get a lot of **** for criticising them.

I'd actually say Twilight Princess and Wind Waker were better games than Ocarina. Pretty much the same game but more polished. Majora's Mask though is a different beast. There really is nothing else quite like it and I doubt Nintendo will ever be that creative with the franchise again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Link to the Past probably wins but the memory wipe would have to mean I still appreciated SNES gfx :)

The game still looks gorgeous. Good 2D art never ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Would have to be Uncharted 2 for me. Totally immersive experience.

I have a fear that this years sequel will be a let down but I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Tough call between Resident Evil and FF7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Overheal wrote: »
    While AA was perfectly pleasant, your 1 game you would waste on AA?

That's a bit crazy, don't you think?

no not from a batman fans point of view that game got everything about batman so perfect BUT if i could have anothe star wars knights of the old republic, that feeling of finding revan was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i just want to erase far cry 2 from my memories for good god what a bad game and mercs 2 aswell jesus they were bad.

gotta say i love the gears series though would love to get them new again and start them fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Agricola wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid - Would love to experience that again for the 1st time.... preferably in a current gen engine but that wouldnt be a game breaker!

+1 only talking about this the other day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

I know I am sad but it would have to be

sonic the hedgehog on the sega megadrive

& Tekken on PS

Advertisement