Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish tank servicing?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Been thinking now for a while about setting up an aquarium setup/maintenance business.. Just wondering if anyone knows of any of these types of business that are already out there and would people be interested in a house call and what they would be willing to pay for this service??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

There is at least one guy who does this I can't remember his name but he posts on the Irish Fish Forum. I think he sest up tanks for companies and services them.
    http://www.irishfishforum.com/portal.php?sid=5a040cafd66f211eb4e67f6685099fd5

Also if you ask this question there you should get a better response. Personally I wouldn't be interested in getting my tank serviced. Looking after it is most of the fun

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I can see business wanting this service, but not so much private owners. As said above its part of the fun of ownership, keeping an eye on it all and servicing it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'd pay someone to come out as a once off, I've a 120L that I just can't seem to get right at all.

If someone was to come out with buckets and pumps and do water tests and a water change weekly I'd nearly pay for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

often thought of doing this myself but at the moment i dont think many people would pay for it

@ Silverfish if only you were in limerick i would be happy to get a days work setting up a tank, you shouldn't have a problem finding someone to help you out :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Silverfish wrote: »
    I'd pay someone to come out as a once off, I've a 120L that I just can't seem to get right at all.

If someone was to come out with buckets and pumps and do water tests and a water change weekly I'd nearly pay for that too.

I'm looking for a job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Silverfish wrote: »

What type of tank have you got you should not have to pay some one to help you set up a tank.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The 120L was cycled and set up, but when we added the fish it started again, (obviously wasn't fully cycled) so needs constant monitoring at the moment, so with that, and a 110L and a 23L, its just testing the water and doing the water changes on 3 tanks a week is getting to be hassle, so when I get the 300L+ tank I'll probably be on the verge of paying someone to do it all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

In fairness a 120l shouldn't be too much handle. Once yOu get into a good routine you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

He seems to have it sorted half the fun is looking after it.

Advertisement