Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathematical Sciences DT205

Options
  • 04-01-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Does anyone have any info on this course?
    How steep is the 1st year learning curve, what are the lecturers, facilities like etc.?

At 290 for 2010 the points seem abnormally low. Also there's no HC3 Maths requirement. Anyone know the reasons?

Any info appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 suzi90

Hey I'm in second year if this course and it's great. I thought when I entered this course it would be 2difficult for me cause I did ordinary level maths but the classes in first year are simple and just focus on getting everyone on the same level the lecturers are brilliant you can talk to them about any problems if your struggling and give you advice on what needs to be done. the only thing about this course that is kinda annoying is you really need to know what you wanna do afterwards I found it very difficult to find out what you can actually do after this course

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

suzi90 wrote: »
    Hey I'm in second year if this course and it's great. I thought when I entered this course it would be 2difficult for me cause I did ordinary level maths but the classes in first year are simple and just focus on getting everyone on the same level the lecturers are brilliant you can talk to them about any problems if your struggling and give you advice on what needs to be done. the only thing about this course that is kinda annoying is you really need to know what you wanna do afterwards I found it very difficult to find out what you can actually do after this course

Hey thanks for the reply. Sounds great.
    I filled out the CAO yesterday and barring a miracle (ie. the points for Theoretical Physics in TCD drop by about 150) I'll probably be doing this course,
    so thanks for putting my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 suzi90

no problem sure if you have any other questions let me know :) i put that course down on my cao too haha

if you dont get offered that course and you still wanna study theoretical physics you can join this course then fter 4years study the masters degree in applied mathematics and theoretical physics :) just something to think about.

best of luck :D

Advertisement