If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer VSX-920 & Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1

Options
  • 04-01-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Im looking to buy the Pioneer VSX-920 and Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1

What is the availability of these, and ofc what is your price for the two of them?

your .com site shows;

VSX-920 - £299.95
    Boston Soundware XS 5.1 - £269.95

I think you are out of stock of the VSX-920...but have you got an ETA for when you get more in? i would like to reserve the above if possible if the price falls within my budget! and ive my heart set on the VSX-920 :rolleyes:

please include delivery to Co.Cork also

cheers guys

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BArra wrote: »
    Im looking to buy the Pioneer VSX-920 and Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1

What is the availability of these, and ofc what is your price for the two of them?

your .com site shows;

VSX-920 - £299.95
    Boston Soundware XS 5.1 - £269.95

I think you are out of stock of the VSX-920...but have you got an ETA for when you get more in? i would like to reserve the above if possible if the price falls within my budget! and ive my heart set on the VSX-920 :rolleyes:

please include delivery to Co.Cork also

cheers guys

Barra,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I have had a mad week personally so I'm a little behind at the moment, apologies.

The VSX920 is really tight on stock at the moment - I have been chasing them but at the moment but I have no firm arrival date :mad: - we have lots of the excellent Boston XSB5.1 available so that bit is no problem!

On the thorny price issue - I cannot do better than the combined retails at the moment so the system (including the Pioneer £100 off voucher) would be £569.90 - delivery to Cork would be £19.95 for the system,

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

ive been having a think and since this setup will be for a bedroom i might lean towards a lower end onkyo, have no need for hdmi upscaling, as all my sources are already hdmi so the 578 and 608 would just be overkill

Onkyo 508 (Silver) - looks a bit classier i think
    +
    BA Soundware 5.1 (Black)

is there stock of the above?

and how much :D

cheers

Edit; one more option on my list is the mordaunt short alumni 5.1 in white, are these in stock and available?

ive been having a think and since this setup will be for a bedroom i might lean towards a lower end onkyo, have no need for hdmi upscaling, as all my sources are already hdmi so the 578 and 608 would just be overkill

Onkyo 508 (Silver) - looks a bit classier i think
    +
    BA Soundware 5.1 (Black)

is there stock of the above?

and how much :D

cheers

Edit; one more option on my list is the mordaunt short alumni 5.1 in white, are these in stock and available?

Barra,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The TXSR508 is now discontinued in both silver & black so unfortunately I cannot access any more stock.

The Alumni 5.1 in white is available to order no problem at £399.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/mordaunt-short/alumni-system/mord-alumni-sys-whi

Apologies again for the delay and please keep me posted if I can assist in any way.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I'll order the speakers and worry about the amp till end of month
    I'll give the store a call to place the order for ms alumni 5.1 in white

I rang there earlier and put in the order with kenny for the ms alumni 5.1 in white

He said I'd get call in a couple of days with an eta for them to come in

One question john, is there a new range of onkyo receivers being brought out in the next few months, the 509, 609 ect?

• Advertisement

I'll order the speakers and worry about the amp till end of month
    I'll give the store a call to place the order for ms alumni 5.1 in white

Barra,

Thanks for the order & the posts.

I understand that this year Onkyo are doing a phased replacement of their AV range however we have not received any firm dates yet.

I have confirmed another batch of the VSX920's coming in shortly that I will be able to do at £299.95 (including the Pioneer Coupon offer).

Keep me posted if you have any queries,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

tempting with the 920...however i am familar with onkyo and afaik they also have a 2 year warranty.. i will consider it some more

Do you have any update on when the alumi 5.1 in white will be coming in?

I stuck in the order for them on Monday with kenny over the phone

Cheers john

John small bump,

Any solid date for when the mordaunt short alumi 5.1 pack I ordered will be in?

Cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.