Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Big Planet 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,803 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Dav wrote: »
    Good news everyone (aka where Dav hijacks the thread)!

I'm getting to meet 2 of the Little Big Planet 2 developers on Friday (James Spafford and Mark Stephenson of Media Molecule) and should be getting an interview with them, so if people have any questions for them, please post them up here!

Were they impressed or surprised with any of the user-created levels in particular and what would be their favourites? And did they take any inspiration for LBP2 from levels created by the users in LBP1?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'm getting to meet 2 of the Little Big Planet 2 developers on Friday (James Spafford and Mark Stephenson of Media Molecule) and should be getting an interview with them, so if people have any questions for them, please post them up here!

Did they find it disappointing that a lot of people used their creation tools to recreate other games and characters, rather than original content?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just got an e-mail from Amazon to say my LBP2 has been shipped. Ordered it from the US to get the special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

What do they think of the way people have used level creation to come up with musical/visual works of art rather than traditional levels.

Did they expect that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I'll probably pick this up on friday, looks great:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Amercans on my list playing this.

I am Jack's raging envy.

My copy of LB2 Collectors Edition just turned up. It was shipped from the US on Monday and arrived just now. Amazon is fast!!!

Can't wait to play it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Guys, anyone knows about prices? where is the cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

LBP2 has now expanded its creation tools so much that it is now possible to create almost any game type. My question is, what next?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Installing this now :D ill post up thoughts soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

where did you get this ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

twinsen wrote: »
    where did you get this ?

The clue is in his sig.
    He's a Games journalist.

Have played through the tutorial and the first 5 levels, if you liked the first one you will love this it looks a lot better plays a lot smoother and the grappling hook is pretty cool. Some mad parts where you need to jump off the edge of a ledge and shoot the hook so you can swing Indianna Jones style onto a ledge without falling to your doom.

Need to go write something about the 3DS now so wont really get into it until later.

Genius does not do this game justice, my oh my its delightful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

gamestop are selling this for 49.99
    so are smyths

only save max 4 euro if you buy it online - not a huge difference so i'll get it instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

LittleBigPlanet 2 will be €45 in HMV from tomorrow. Seems like a decent price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nowhere in town was selling this early, but 44.99 in HMV and Smyths.

I greatly anticipate this, my PS3 hasn't been getting much action bar Blu-Ray, Mubi and Japanese PS1 games lately, so this will be a nice time-sink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

u sure? i rang smyths earlier and they said 49.99 - what branch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

mystic86 wrote: »
    u sure? i rang smyths earlier and they said 49.99 - what branch?

It's with loyalty card (indeed 49.99 without), was on boxes in the Jervis St. one anyway. Bray one was closed on my way home so couldn't double check.

So far it seems like the LBP servers are failing to keep up with demand just like the first LBP. Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

So far it seems like the LBP servers are failing to keep up with demand just like the first LBP. Disappointing.

not unexpected, hard to test with that sort of demand. i will just play the single player first anyway i think.

will head in and get it on my break, and a good lash of it this weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Any more questions for the developers guys and gals? I'll be meeting them at lunch time today.

Any more questions for the developers guys and gals? I'll be meeting them at lunch time today.

Is it possible for a player to create a level with the games creation tools to the same standard as the story levels? Or did the MM developers have access to far more advance creation tools?

Do they think that keeping faith with the same jumping mechanics from LBP1 is going to hurt LBP2? It seems that many players were put off by the imprecise jumping and would have preferred jumping more like a Mario title.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How are they dealing with levels that would be a good of a copy of some other game and not a simply inspired by, will they be checking themselves or will only copyright holders be able to get something taken down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Anyone else annoyed that the game says Little Big Planet 2(UK) when playing online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

When will the move update be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How's the jumping gravity? The floating feel of the first one really put me off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

The gravity much the same but you can edited it on your own levels

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Was there much of a story to the first LBP? Would it be worth getting that or moving straight on to LBP2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Do they think that keeping faith with the same jumping mechanics from LBP1 is going to hurt LBP2? It seems that many players were put off by the imprecise jumping and would have preferred jumping more like a Mario title.

If people want Mario jumping, play Mario....

I thought the jumping was well done, never had any problems with it...

Maybe im just good at Platformers...:cool:

Advertisement