Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Big Planet 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Lads i created a level yesterday called There Here!!! ( Lets Bounce )
    i tried my best at it so if ye want to check it out feel free :D

cant find it? what is the name exactly?

is it "There Here!!! ( Lets Bounce )" ?? or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Lads i created a level yesterday called There Here!!! ( Lets Bounce )
    i tried my best at it so if ye want to check it out feel free :D
    I loved the lighting effects in your level, left me wondering how you did it. I died so many times right at the start trying to get the jump right over the electrified humps.

I've played a lot with PaddyBomb online, you rock dude! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Magnificent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Thanks Gothpunk for your kind words and thanks to Korvanica for playing and rating my level.

Also cause the kind words goth said about my lighting effect work , i wanted to see could i go one further up . What started off being just a lighting effect stage with mad colours it ended up being a metal bar club so check out my level i just finished now called Rock City Club , theres no platform elements just be there with a mate or by yourself relaxing or moshing to metal music , theres also a funny thing ( i think at the end ) :D

Psn : Boh3mianRhapsdy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

3 more levels to ace to have the story fully aced. Some of the levels are so frustrating :D

Anyone up for a bit of 4 player sticker hunting over the weekend?

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    3 more levels to ace to have the story fully aced. Some of the levels are so frustrating :D

Anyone up for a bit of 4 player sticker hunting over the weekend?
    Count me in, I've nearly aced all the levels now so I'd love to get all the remaining costumes and stickers I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

While I'm waiting on Bioware to patch Mass Effect 2 I went back and finished the story mode in Little Big Planet 2. In my opinion it is much better than the first game. There was much more variety in the levels, loved all the driving and shooting levels.

There was one great puzzel level too involving the Sackbots. I didn't pay much attention to the story itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I started playing this properly today. So far, it's streets ahead of the first one. The early levels are better paced and the gadgets keep things fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

When I completed Avalonia the game took me straight to the last level on Eve's Asylum (the biggest badge in middle) and when I completed that it took me straight on to The Cosmos..... When I finished the final battle at the end of the story i noticed i didn't get any trophy and it was then I went back to Eve's Asylum and see it says only 1 of 7 completed - but all the rest are showing up as locked in Eve's Asylum... i'm confused...

Can anyone help me?

just noticed there is one story movie clip thing on the top left that i hadn't watched - i watched it and now its unlocked the levels - bit weird that it happened like this - is it meant to be like that or is it just me?! haha

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    When I completed Avalonia the game took me straight to the last level on Eve's Asylum (the biggest badge in middle) and when I completed that it took me straight on to The Cosmos..... When I finished the final battle at the end of the story i noticed i didn't get any trophy and it was then I went back to Eve's Asylum and see it says only 1 of 7 completed - but all the rest are showing up as locked in Eve's Asylum... i'm confused...

Can anyone help me?

just noticed there is one story movie clip thing on the top left that i hadn't watched - i watched it and now its unlocked the levels - bit weird that it happened like this - is it meant to be like that or is it just me?! haha
    Had you been playing online beforehand or just offline by yourself? Could just be a glitch with the game I guess.

I played online after Da Vinci's Hideout, why, does that explain it?

I played online after Da Vinci's Hideout, why, does that explain it?
    If you weren't leader then you might end up playing levels you haven't unlocked yet - so when you go back to that world you might have one or two levels unlocked but not have all the other levels unlocked for that world.

thanks, but thats not what happened at all, it must have been a glitch that resulted in me having to play only the last level in Eve's Asylum and then continuing on to The Cosmos - bit annoying. i could have went back and completed them before doing the ones in the cosmos, if only i had realised. it was only after the cosmos i noticed it. some good levels in Eve's Asylum too.

I published a level tonight called Challenging Platformer.

You can find it by using my PSN name - The40Watt.

It was originally published in LPB1.

I published a level tonight called Challenging Platformer.

You can find it by using my PSN name - The4Watt.

It was originally published in LPB1.

Hey, you should edit your post cause people wont find you with that username - its The40Watt

Just played your level, I enjoyed it, short but pretty good. Noticed (a glitch?) something where when you go up the first elevator thing and when you walk on the upper ledge, if you dont jump you end up falling down through the ground and i ended up underneath on a level surface of bricks where when i ran as far as i could to the right i met a wall with spikes on the other side and I couldn't do anything - so I restarted and jumped over that bit.

As a matter of interest how did u publish this seen as its from the old game? you didnt have to make it all again did u? what about the graphics, how did they (or did they) get updated?

Keep it up, good stuff.

Hey, you should edit your post cause people wont find you with that username - its The40Watt

Thanks, updated my post.
    As a matter of interest how did u publish this seen as its from the old game? you didnt have to make it all again did u? what about the graphics, how did they (or did they) get updated?

Well I first published it in LBP1 over two years ago. It was actually the LBP1 demo. Then when I loaded up LBP2 for the first time it knew that I had published a level previously. It gives you the option to edit your level even ones from the first game.

I tried to edit my level but it wouldn't let me because there was DLC content from LBP1 in it that doesn't exist in LBP2. So I booted up the first game and removed that content. Then I started LBP2 again and copied my level to another save spot on 'My Moon'. I made some tiny changes and republished. The graphical updates were done automatically which is pretty cool. The logs that are on fire look much better when played in LBP2.

I think the level is okay for a first attempt but I think I may have hidden the third prize bubble a little too well. I would like to make another level but it is very time consuming.

how long do you think it took you to make this level??

how long do you think it took you to make this level??

I think it might have taken close to 9 hours. Getting the first level done is the hardest. I would say if I was to do another I would find it easier and quicker. I'd be used to the tools now. I remember doing it the first time and you'd build something which would take a while. Only to break it by accident by not sticking it together properly when you go from 'edit' mode to 'play' mode.

Have you started building anything yourself?

No I didn't own LittleBigPlanet (1) and I only got LBP2 on Friday just gone...so far I have finished the offline campaign and played a few (very little) online levels. I'm gonna give it a go soon though, it'll prob take ages to get the hang of it and go through the tutorials!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I made a level at the weekend called "Sackboy Soccer" I've since realised someone else has a level with a similar name, and possible a similar playing style (i didnt get a chance to play it)

Its multiplayer only. I would appreciate any feedback on it. I've played a good few games of it with my brother and It's good fun ( I hope!)

Just one thing to note, you need to manually return the ball to the center after a goal, and you wont be allowed score another goal until you do.

I made a level at the weekend called "Sackboy Soccer" I've since realised someone else has a level with a similar name, and possible a similar playing style (i didnt get a chance to play it)

Its multiplayer only. I would appreciate any feedback on it. I've played a good few games of it with my brother and It's good fun ( I hope!)

Just one thing to note, you need to manually return the ball to the center after a goal, and you wont be allowed score another goal until you do.

I've added it to my queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

What'a the best price around for this game if anyone knows
    I know xtra-vision have it for €54.99, any cheaper

Crosáidí wrote: »

I'd say HMV have it for €45.

nice i'll head up and get it

I made a level at the weekend called "Sackboy Soccer"

I played this the other night with my wife and gave it a thumbs up rating. I didn't want to write a long review because it takes too long without a keyboard.

I did say that it could do with some background music. The music in LBP is one of the things that makes it so special. I thought the ball was a bit too 'floaty' and when you score a goal it should automatically reset and place the ball in the middle.

Having said that both of us did enjoy it. It actually got quite competitive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone up for assisting me in making an entire schmup in level editor? I mean multi stage, boss battle, bullet hell ****. The story levels prove the tools can make some kick ass 2D schumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I played this the other night with my wife and gave it a thumbs up rating. I didn't want to write a long review because it takes too long without a keyboard.

I did say that it could do with some background music. The music in LBP is one of the things that makes it so special. I thought the ball was a bit too 'floaty' and when you score a goal it should automatically reset and place the ball in the middle.

Having said that both of us did enjoy it. It actually got quite competitive.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ball to the middle: Would love to know how to make it return to the center!! I thought an emitter would be the way to go, but cant figure out to have wires pre attached to the ball to delete it when a goal is scored.. or is there another way to achieve this?
    If its something simple i'll probably cry, there is actually a decent amount of logic circuitry required for the current 'return to centre' setup ( I guess 4 years studying electronic engineering payed off for something :) ) I was scetching out circuit diagrams and everything for that bad boy :P

Floaty ball: Yeah quite possible needs to be tweeked ok, Its got a material property changer and gravity cahnger thingy on it. It does need to be some-what floaty i think because most of the fun comes when the ball is in the air and you either have to time a perfect jump or try drag the oposition the wrong side of the ball :pac:

Music: Needs that ok! It needs a bit of perfecting in general. I spent most of the time getting the concept done, but I have plans to try put finishing touches on it such as a crowd stickers on the background etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Crosáidí wrote: »

I got it yesterday in Xtra-Vision, it was €52.99 but traded in Modnation Racers for €18, so i got LBP2 for €34.99 :D

What an amazing game, I'm hooked laready. Put in about 7 hours last night and another 3 today already. That Blast Radius game is addictive as hell. It's crazy what you can actually create.

• Advertisement

Just got it, installing now, should i go through the SP first

Advertisement