Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Big Planet 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Just got it, installing now, should i go through the SP first

I think you should. The levels in the story mode are excellent and better than 99% of the community levels. The first world is more about getting used to the controls but from the second world on it is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Thank god for the new movie camera in lbp 2 , me and my mate gonna redo his music video we did from lbp1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Finished the story mode, pity it was a bit longer, though have to say great game

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Finished the story mode, pity it was a bit longer, though have to say great game

That was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't wait to finish this off and get started on some levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I made some changes to the sackboy soccer level:
    • made the ball smaller and less floaty ( i think on both them :))
    • Added music, its one of the songs thats used the most though, seemed to suit the level the best
    • Ball now explodes when a goal is scored (its not bad but the ball needs to go slightly further in the net than scoring a goal needs to be, will revisit)
    • Standing in front of the Sackboy players after a goal is scored emits a new ball
    • Added a light to show that you are standing in the correct place to start/restart the game

I havent published the changes yet, need to do some more testing first, will publish in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Hey I just wanted to suggest to people that there is a much better way to link your levels (assuming you didn't know this already that is and choose not to).

Go to lbp.me and sign in to your PSN, and then you'll find pages for all of your levels in your profile. If you post that link here people will be able to check your level out and queue up your level to play later (the way Josey Wales did in this post).

When you load up LBP2 go into Community and then select 'My Queue' and any levels you have queued up online will be there waiting for you to play.

If you're especially proud of your level you can even share it on FaceBook or Twitter.

If you're looking for good community levels to queue up check out LBP Central's Community Spotlights. It'd take you weeks to play all the great levels they've linked there!

Figured a post like this may be useful to people who are new to LBP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got this the other day on the back of glowing reviews of the series. Only got PS3 recently and SOTC and ICO HD were the main reasons :o

Not getting the point of LBP its seems like game i would play in a browser. Finished the 1st pod and havent picked it up since. Seems it gets better after that so will give it another go and intend on finishing, €45 damn right i finishing it.

Downloaded a few levels and it seemed more of the same. A wipeout one was interesting tho but not very fun.

GothPunk wrote: »
    Hey I just wanted to suggest to people that there is a much better way to link your levels (assuming you didn't know this already that is and choose not to).

Go to lbp.me and sign in to your PSN, and then you'll find pages for all of your levels in your profile. If you post that link here people will be able to check your level out and queue up your level to play later (the way Josey Wales did in this post).

When you load up LBP2 go into Community and then select 'My Queue' and any levels you have queued up online will be there waiting for you to play.

If you're especially proud of your level you can even share it on FaceBook or Twitter.

If you're looking for good community levels to queue up check out LBP Central's Community Spotlights. It'd take you weeks to play all the great levels they've linked there!

Figured a post like this may be useful to people who are new to LBP. :)

Just to add to this post you can upload photos from your level to lbp.me. This way you can use them in your posts here when talking about your level. You know what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words.

Also you get a Trophy for doing it :)

14c6bdbb34d2ab294c126c283798dbe1746c70b8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not getting the point of LBP its seems like game i would play in a browser. Finished the 1st pod and havent picked it up since. Seems it gets better after that so will give it another go and intend on finishing, €45 damn right i finishing it.

Downloaded a few levels and it seemed more of the same. A wipeout one was interesting tho but not very fun.
    The first world is mostly a tutorial, it definitely gets much better and more complex after that. Are you playing alone or with someone else? I would say that LBP is much more fun when playing with someone else, it's built for co-operative and competitive play.

If you're looking for good community levels, check out that link I posted above to the Community Spotlights, other players have created some excellent levels, some of them better than the ones Media Molecule have made I think.

I'd also give the level creator a shot. Although I haven't published a level yet, I think some of the best times I've had with LBP were messing about creating a level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Some great levels being made by the community already. I don't know how they do them :D.

I'd love to try do a Bomberman level but I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm going to have to sit down and watch all those tutorials one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Yesterday was funny playing lbp2 went into a random game doing my Arnold Schwarzenegger impression and the other lad on the mic was going ballistic at me , must of thought i was actually him :P Funny as hell

I must be about 20 hours into a level now. It's playing time is curretly at about 1 minute. :(

Grayditch wrote: »
    I must be about 20 hours into a level now. It's playing time is curretly at about 1 minute. :(

Yeah creating a level is so much more time consuming than you imagine it will be. I'm sure it will be worth it though in the end.

Are you building a SHMUP or was that someone else who said that was what they were making?

No, it'll be regular old story based platform level. Some of the Cool Picks are so good. 90% of the levels put up are messy nonsense, so playing levels recently published is almost a waste of time. LBP Central is cool for keeping track of cool levels being made. I should start getting into that community soon.

Post in here anyway when your level is up so we can give some feedback.

Sound, yeah. I'm looking forward to getting into a little community of lever sharers here. LBP2 is leaps and bounds ahead of the first in terms of level creation. I'm loving it, even if it is such a time sink!

I finished this the day before PSN went down. Haven't been able to upload it which was a pain, but here she is:

http://lbp.me/v/09t75m

That took stupid hours :o

I finished this the day before PSN went down. Haven't been able to upload it which was a pain, but here she is:

http://lbp.me/v/09t75m

That took stupid hours :o

will give it a go later.

Cheers! Have you made anything yourself?

I'm taking a long break from create mode but I'm up for seeing other peoples stuff :)

• Advertisement

Cheers! Have you made anything yourself?

I'm taking a long break from create mode but I'm up for seeing other peoples stuff :)

I have.

The info is on a previous page here.

Only need a couple more hearts for the Trophy :)

You'll have one more by the end of the day, anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

LittleBigNetwork are running a level creation contest to win a crown and PS3 games etc.

I've won stuff in some of their previous contests but havent got the time to pile into level creation at the moment. Entering always guarantees you plenty of plays / feedback etc so it's well worth it.

Nice one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Wasn't sure where to post this but here seem like the best spot, friends of the site Kick ass trainers have made their new video using LBP2 See below.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone else have this issue.

If i'm playing at home with mates and I select "play on our own" from the options menu.

The game constantly tries to join other peoples games if we are trying to play a community level...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

howdy sackbots

so I read an article today saying the Move patch for lbp2 is coming on 13th September..excited? If you have the move that is..

anyway so I read people referring to a cost for this update and this was my response:

"WAIT WAIT WAIT…. so I’ve been waiting for this update to support the move since the day lbp2 came out, initially we had the expectation it would arrive within a few months but unfortunately it has taken almost 8 months….which is fine, worth the wait I hope…
    but of all the time I’ve been waiting today is the first I have heard of people referring to the cost of this update/patch/dlc…wtf? I thought this was gonna be a free update?!!!!"

Disappointed with the possibility of a fee for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 wolferine

Korvanica wrote: »
    Anyone else have this issue.

If i'm playing at home with mates and I select "play on our own" from the options menu.

The game constantly tries to join other peoples games if we are trying to play a community level...

Yes it gets a little irritating at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

new move levels tomorrow

the price in usa is 9.99 dollars

so prob will be 9.99 euro

Advertisement