Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condell Rd/New Junction

• 04-01-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

This came up before but http://www.limerickcity.ie/eplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=10267&LASiteID=0 now the builder is looking to open access into the field which he also got planning permission for up to 100 houses.This is from the first app:20/09/2005 road widening on the N18 and construction of
    roundabout access, with associated site works
    Condell Road
    Clonmacken .So much for the bus/cycle lane and new path way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Well be interesting to see if he gets it, would be surprised to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Great- they'll probably lower the speed limit and install several roundabouts and traffic lights for good measure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

if he gets planning for that...with all the half finished housing estates around...i swear...im going to shoot someone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Far as I know there is already permission for roundabout at this location to free up access to the landlocked lands. This application is in the name of Clonmacken Partnership, never came across this name before, the houses on river side are in the name of Joe Murphy. Can't remember name of builder on left side who also has housing permission I think but his land is landlocked too. The roundabout was to give them access to Condel Road. Thinking that the permission for the traffic lights is another ploy by LCC to slow down Condel Rd - but maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't put anything past LCC though, they just love putting in traffic lights where they aren't needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

It looks like someone still has plans for the location. http://www.limerickcity.ie/eplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=PE145&LASiteID=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Dear god any more delays on the condell road and it will be quicker to just park my van and walk the rest of the way into town its getting ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trapper1

Anyone know the site of the proposed 40 social housing units in Clonmacken as announced last week?

Limerick City & County Council
    Clonmacken
    40 units
    7,120,000euro

environ.ie/en/DevelopmentHousing/Housing/News/MainBody,41340,en

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

trapper1 wrote: »
    Anyone know the site of the proposed 40 social housing units in Clonmacken as announced last week?

Limerick City & County Council
    Clonmacken
    40 units
    7,120,000euro

environ.ie/en/DevelopmentHousing/Housing/News/MainBody,41340,en
    Green field for sale across from.it and behind na pairsiagh gaa club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

steveon wrote: »
    Dear god any more delays on the condell road and it will be quicker to just park my van and walk the rest of the way into town its getting ridiculous...
    Quicker up the Ennis road I find most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Quicker up the Ennis road I find most of the time.

Its certainly gone that way complete madness..It was built as a ring road and should be used as such a ring road.

• Advertisement

can't see anything on that link about Clonmacken. nothing in with LCC planning office as yet either.

steveon wrote: »
    Its certainly gone that way complete madness..It was built as a ring road and should be used as such a ring road.
    They should increase the speed limit and get rid of the stupid bus and cycle lanes.

The speed is really uncomfortably slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Speed limit is 50kmh and the limit out by Annacotty which has cycle lanes footpaths and bus stops is 80kmh downwards to 60kmh so the condell limit is crazy.

Thankfully the gardai don't really bother, mostly, using that road as a speed trap. The low limit though does make people, wrongly, undertake inbound in the bus lane to get passed a 50kmh driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

can't see anything on that link about Clonmacken. nothing in with LCC planning office as yet either.

Bottom of the page. http://www.environ.ie/en/DevelopmentHousing/Housing/News/MainBody,41340,en.htm

They should increase the speed limit and get rid of the stupid bus and cycle lanes.

The speed is really uncomfortably slow.

Have to disagree re the bikes lanes. They are well used, there's always someone on them, and are far safer for the cyclist than using the ennis road.

Have to disagree re the bikes lanes. They are well used, there's always someone on them, and are far safer for the cyclist than using the ennis road.
    Are you really talking about the cycle lane on the westfield side? I've never seen anyone on it. It would be more appropriate to have the lane next to the path alongside the river.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Speed limit is 50kmh and the limit out by Annacotty which has cycle lanes footpaths and bus stops is 80kmh downwards to 60kmh so the condell limit is crazy.

Thankfully the gardai don't really bother, mostly, using that road as a speed trap. The low limit though does make people, wrongly, undertake inbound in the bus lane to get passed a 50kmh driver.
    Someone was tragically killed on that road overtaking.

Are you really talking about the cycle lane on the westfield side? I've never seen anyone on it. It would be more appropriate to have the lane next to the path alongside the river.

I drive that road about 5/6 times a day and generally meet least one cyclist. use it myself too anytime I'm cycling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I drive that road about 5/6 times a day and generally meet least one cyclist. use it myself too anytime I'm cycling.

Thats not exactly a lot of cyclists. Personally I use it every work day and I rarely see a cyclist on it.

Thats not exactly a lot of cyclists. Personally I use it every work day and I rarely see a cyclist on it.

It's 5 or 6 more than you see though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lucky to see a bus on it. :rolleyes:

Advertisement