Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to the restaurant in the Blackrock Observatory?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone's tried the restaurant in the observatory? if yes, what's it like (and if anyone says 'out of this world' - I'll find a smilie face for giving a slap across the back of the head!!!:D)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

cjmcork wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone's tried the restaurant in the observatory? if yes, what's it like (and if anyone says 'out of this world' - I'll find a smilie face for giving a slap across the back of the head!!!:D)

Been there for lunches, coffee etc.

It's decent quality - Italian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I heard prices are astromonical (Joking joking), you'll be eclipsed by the menu, you'll be over the moon with the palate of flavours on offer ...

I'm here all week, try the veal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Used to go there a lot when I worked round the corner - lovely food!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

cjmcork wrote: »

Probably the most wasted potential of any restaurant in Cork City. Fantastic location but run by a numpty(the numpty's sex and name change regularly) and the food is only so so.

Is this place public owned? I can't any private enterprise letting there restaurant be run so poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Probably the most wasted potential of any restaurant in Cork City. Fantastic location but run by a numpty(the numpty's sex and name change regularly) and the food is only so so.

Is this place public owned? I can't any private enterprise letting there restaurant be run so poorly.

It's under new management since December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Been for luch a few times . Great setting in summer. Limited choice on the menu but the food is decent. I belive there is a connection to the Itlaian shop by the Pier Head.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I heard Market Lane on Oliver Plunkett street are opening in there, which would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Faith wrote: »
    I heard Market Lane on Oliver Plunkett street are opening in there, which would be amazing!

It is the people who have Market Lane who have taken over there. It won't be called Market Lane but it will be the same type if menu etc, some if the staff from town going out there to run it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

evilivor wrote: »
    It is the people who have Market Lane who have taken over there. It won't be called Market Lane but it will be the same type if menu etc, some if the staff from town going out there to run it.

That'll be amazing, hopefully.

That'll be amazing, hopefully.

Market Lane food is savage :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

evilivor wrote: »
    It's under new management since December.

And by the looks of it that new management are useless.

Was in the recently and swore never again. The staff were not pleasant, ordered at the counter and sat down, 10 mins later they had to come back to ask what we ordered again! And what we got was average and was not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Was there on Saturday for Lunch and got served half raw chicken kiev would never eat there again.

kcb wrote: »
    And by the looks of it that new management are useless.

Was in the recently and swore never again. The staff were not pleasant, ordered at the counter and sat down, 10 mins later they had to come back to ask what we ordered again! And what we got was average and was not cheap.
    Was there on Saturday for Lunch and got served half raw chicken kiev would never eat there again.

Ye've saved me a trip :pac:
    I'll stick to Zac's and Market Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Ewww... that sounds disgusting image.php?u=19978&dateline=1158799729

Heading there for dinner next week. Looking forward to it, being run by The Market Lane gang now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Probably teething issues with the new staff/company running the place. We had a party down there with the MINI Club of Ireland I'm in, place packed up with Minis/MINIs, did the observatory & castle tour, had great Italian food, and a DJ with dancing afterwards. They really pushed the boat out, but it was the last night of the old crew there.

Love the venue, and can't believe I haven't been down there before for obligatory Saturday coffee. Fingers crossed Market Lane'll do alright too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Was there about two weeks ago I believe.

Went expecting a really good meal, atmosphere and service.
    Honestly we left quite disappointed, mostly with the meal itself.

Probably best to avoid it honestly.

The restaurant is now being run by the Market Lane gang.

We had an amazing lunch there the other day.

Highly recommended.

Was going to go up there today but didn't bother what with Mother's Day and that, will be going there soon ish though and am looking forward to it. Have never had a bad feed in Market Lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

had lunch there 2 weeks ago and it was very nice. coffee and muffins always good too

• Advertisement
Advertisement