Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why was my thread for no apparent reason

Options
  • 05-01-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My thread in relationship issues was closed for no reason that i can see by someone called silverfish. Who gives him/her the right to decide that I am not genuine. I am a relatively new user on boards and thought I could get some usefull tips on coping with my present situation. Whats the point in having a forum if some idiot gets to decide what you can say.There was no arguing, no threats and nothing controversial in other words nothing that merits closing my thread........nice welcome to Boards...........Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Silverfish is a moderator of the Relationship Issues forum and an administrator of boards.ie and as such has every right to close or delete a thread that looks like it is trolling (ie: posted for the sole purpose of stirring trouble among forum regulars) or agaisnt the spirit of the Relationship Issues forum. If you wish to query its deletion please PM silverfish and politely ask for the reasoning behind the action.

in my opinion: I honestly cant tell if you were trying to be humorous with your "no" response to "dont you remember the for better of for worse" bit so I can see why the thread could be considered trolling. Silverfish has a lot more experience with threads in RI than I do and is very personable so I'm sure a PM will get a good response.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I would suggest if you wish to see advice on the subject, you can start a new thread in Relationship Issues.

However, while I understand your frustration, you may need to tone back the sarcasm and generalisations, as it's hard for posters to give you advice if you are being sarcastic and abusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 curious2

no thanks............. you just proved my point you have no life away from boards do you sit there day and night waiting for posts to come in so you can decide if they're trolling or not

Advertisement