Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wall has "spots" on it

• 05-01-2011 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

i noticed yesterday that my sitting room wall has a whole load of spots on it that if i remove them the paint comes off the wall. what is causing this/ there is an open fire and gas heater in the room. this hasnt happened before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Joe7

Whoever built the house/plastered the wall/painted it.

There be your culprits! (sounds like damp, you might have a leaking pipe, is there a nearby radiator?).

Gas heaters can cause a lot of condensation (damp) AFAIK. Make sure the room is ventilated, for your own sake (carbon monoxide).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭IRISHROVER98

the radiator is on the wall to the left as u walk in the room. the wall with the problem is to the right by the window. the gas heater is on alot during the day. the problem is only on one side of the room. no pipes near the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

can you post a pic of these 'spots'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

this is impossible to solve without pics or even seeing the problem as a whole.

could be a number of things

how do i put a photo on here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

how do i put a photo on here

goto www.Imageshack.us

Upload the pic. wait 15 secs

on the next screen copy and paste the direct link

onto your reply here.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3185/dsc01218hf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Is that a plastered block wall? Looks like a leak to me, or excessive moisture in the blocks.

plumber friend said its due to the attic not properly insulated and there is no leak

Advertisement