Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It's cos it tastes like ****e.
    Meh I prefer the taste to ordinary coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Lawliet wrote: »
    I hate the stigma attached to Diet coke though, I asked for it on the train once and trolley lady felt the need to assure me that they did in fact have "real" coke...
    -_-

I drink nothing but diet coke, simply because I don't really like the taste of regular coke, and any time someone new sees me drinking it they always say why don't you just have normal coke? I always tell them I like diet coke better and they look at me as though I have 10 heads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ew :P I hate coke, I think its the most horrible tasting drink I've ever had. I've tried to use it as a mixer but I just get sick of the taste of coke, not even the taste of the alcohol!

Sprite Zero ftw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It's amusing to pretend the thread is about cocaine then rip posts right out of context...
    SarahBeep! wrote:
    I don't do it everyday, but when I do I have a lot.
    fnarf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

If we include energy drinks in this (which are mostly the only fizzy drinks I have) it varies from 500ml to 2.5l per day, when I'm in college. Almost none at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I drink at least 750ml of [carbonated drink] every time I drink it, but that's like once a month. So I picked <500 a day.

In order of preference:
    Monster Energy, Red Bull (make it less expensive, please :( ), Tanora, Rock Shandy, IRN-BRU, [Coca-Cola, Pepsi (they're the same, don't deny it)], [7up, Sprite], Orangina, Club Lemon, Club Orange, EVERYTHING ELSE. All of the drinks I mentioned are incredibly nice, that's just a good order.

Notable mention: Jones' Soda. Godlike but too damn expensive and can only buy it when I'm in Cork.

Colm! wrote: »
    I drink at least 750ml of [carbonated drink] every time I drink it, but that's like once a month. So I picked <500 a day.

In order of preference:
    Monster Energy, Red Bull (make it less expensive, please :( ), Tanora, Rock Shandy, IRN-BRU, [Coca-Cola, Pepsi (they're the same, don't deny it)], [7up, Sprite], Orangina, Club Lemon, Club Orange, EVERYTHING ELSE. All of the drinks I mentioned are incredibly nice, that's just a good order.

Notable mention: Jones' Soda. Godlike but too damn expensive and can only buy it when I'm in Cork.
    Aw yeah, I always forget how nice Tanora is. Nom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

In order of preference:

Lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I never drink Coke. I'm not huge on fizzy drinks anyway, but the nasty film that Coke leaves on your teeth after just one can is supremely "yok".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I love fizzy drinks (most of them anyway). Most days I'd probably have between 500ml and 1L. I was trying to be good today but now I really want a bottle of Coke. Thanks a lot challengemaster. :mad:
    I can never understand people who have coke with their dinner- not chips or pizza I mean a dinner with spuds or pasta. Much as I like dinner, and as much as I like coke... Together they're mank :eek:

On the other hand I drink milk with virtually any dinner which some people find very odd indeed.

I always drink Coke with "special" dinners (Christmas, Easter etc.) but other than that it's milk.

Coke and milk - my two favourite drinks. Om nom nom....
    (not mixed together though. That would just be weird...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I used to drink litres upon litres a day but I got to the stage where I was addicted to it and couldn't function without drinking ridiculous amounts of it. So I stopped drinking it altogether...and since I went to college especially I've started drinking it again. :o Oh the week when the SU had 500ml bottles for a euro...people were buying it for me as gifts like! :p So at the moment I still drink more than I probably should, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be and I don't have the same level of dependence on it.
    Although when I drink coke it has the same effects on me as alcohol has on most people. :o Cheesefiend and MavisDavis can verify this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I generally wouldn't drink fizzy drinks at all, but I'd drink a good bit when I do [1L pepsi max for 89c in college <3] even then it's diet.

Lads, I'm with Duffy and Randy real men drink milk.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I generally wouldn't drink fizzy drinks at all, but I'd drink a good bit when I do [1L pepsi max for 89c in college <3] even then it's diet.

Lads, I'm with Duffy and Randy real men drink milk.:cool:
    Thanks for ignoring me. :P lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The shop across the road from my estate sells Jones' Soda :P It's gorgeous ^_^

Oh I'm a b1tch for coke <3 I'll only usually drink it out of a can though, cuz then I can kid myself that I'm not drinking that much of it :o I only drink it when I'm at college too, cuz my mum never has fizzy drinks (or minerals if you're a big culchie like me :pac:) in the house unless it's christmas/someone's birthday. And even then it's usually 7up she buys -_- which as everyone knows, is the runt of the fizzy drink family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Since I've read this thread I've had a bottle of Sprite (prefer 7Up but Sprite is still good) and am now drinking a bottle of Coke Zero (nothing compared to Coke obviously but it's nicer than Diet Coke at least) Now for a mini essay on the merits of soft drinks:

I like both Coke and Pepsi; generally prefer Coke but sometimes find myself in a Pepsi mood.

Don't really like Fanta (too watery and fake tasting) and don't like Club either, because of the bits. When it comes to fizzy orange, Finches and Sunkist are both much nicer.

And while I prefer 7Up to Sprite, both are much nicer than Mountain Dew (which just tastes like Disprin to me.)

As for generic shop brands, I got 2 litres of Tesco Value Cola for 29c once.....all I'll say is that it's 29c for a reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Is it true that pepsi is far more popular up the north? I've been told that but I havn't been up north in years so I don't know if its true or not.

I used to drink maybe about 2-3 500ml bottles a day, then one day ages ago I decided to see how if I could last a week without drinking any. This then passed and I wanted to see if I could last a month. It got to a point where the fizziness was messing up my appetite and I could never tell when I was hungry. Once I gave up most fizzy drinks, my appetite greatly improved. I might buy one every now and again as a treat for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm not a big fizzy drinker, I'd have no Coke most days. Don't worry though, I make up my sugar intake with various unhealthy foods. :)

Diet Coke vs Regular Coke, regular Coke wins! Except I mostly drink Diet cause I fear regular coke will just push my ole pancreas over the edge and parts inside me would begin to implode.

Remember Vanilla Coke lads? Wonder whatever happened to that, that was the nicest Coke ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Orange Juice ftw lads.. I just love la jus d'orange. <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yea over Christmas my mammy also bought those big packs on offer in Tesco so Id probably drink about one a day at the moment.
    Normally Id have about 3 cans a week I'd say but during Christmas and Easter etc I would have one a day.
    Errrm maybe if I was in town or something I might get a 500ml bottle but nahh generally its the 330ml pour moi.

Also lawl at the amount of people who drink milk with their dinner, my dad always does and I thought he was the only weird person :pac:

• Advertisement

How do other people cope without milk with their dinner :confused:

How do other people cope without milk with their dinner :confused:

I just never, ever drink milk anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Mmmm..coke. I never spend my own money on it though so it only really comes into the house at holidays or special occasions.
    Ice cream + coke is heaven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

deise_girl wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned milk is only acceptable when it's chocolate flavoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »

Don't ye have snowcream and avonmore milk down there? Meh, course ya don't so.
    Golden Vale is where it's at tbh. Remember when everyone used to cut the tokens off the cartons and at the end of the year, you'd trade them in for a prize. Simpler times :)
    But ya, coke is cool <500ml..

I only have milk in cereal and tea/coffee, I don't understand how people can just drink glasses of it

Namlub wrote: »
    I only have milk in cereal and tea/coffee, I don't understand how people can just drink glasses of it

I wouldnt drink it except with food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Ice cream + coke is heaven :)
    Awesome, but 7up, Irn-Bru, Tanora, Club Orange etc. all work better than Coke in that equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Milk makes me feel sick...it's just horrible IMO, I don't understand it at all. I literally never drink it, seeing as I don't eat cereal or drink tea/coffee. That's probably not a good thing, why can't I feel that way about Coke? :( Ooooh, imagine having Coke in your cereal or in tea/coffee instead of milk. That sounds like all kinds of unhealthiness and horror. MUST TRY.

• Advertisement

Don't ye have snowcream and avonmore milk down there? Meh, course ya don't so.
    Golden Vale is where it's at tbh. Remember when everyone used to cut the tokens off the cartons and at the end of the year, you'd trade them in for a prize. Simpler times :)
    But ya, coke is cool <500ml..

Yerra we do and I only know this cozza Waterford/Kilkenny gaa being sponsored by them :pac:
    Good aul tesco and super value branded milk for this house...

St Bernerds(Dunnes) coke used be nice, havnt had any in agessssss though

Advertisement