Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

jumpguy wrote: »
    Diet Coke vs Regular Coke, regular Coke wins! Except I mostly drink Diet cause I fear regular coke will just push my ole pancreas over the edge and parts inside me would begin to implode.

Remember Vanilla Coke lads? Wonder whatever happened to that, that was the nicest Coke ever.

I'm fairly sure diet coke is actually worse for you in that aspect, same with every "diet" fizzy drink!

Never really liked vanilla coke all that much, but lemon twist one was f'awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Connacht Gold is what ya want.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Connacht Gold is what ya want.

Connacht Gold Butter is the only butter worth talking about - the rest of them just taste like crap!

Hate when you open a new one from the fridge though, and it's hard and difficult to spread over the bread :o

When I was a kid it was still North Connacht Farmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Connacht Gold Butter is the only butter worth talking about - the rest of them just taste like crap!

Hate when you open a new one from the fridge though, and it's hard and difficult to spread over the bread :o

Low Low ftw! Lol, a thread about coke turns into milk and butter :P

Finches anything rocks, specially rockshandy, got a huuuge bottle in Dunnes for €1.50 a while ago :D

Ooh, Duffy I remember NCF aswel! They had that symbol on their milk and stuff, I can still picture it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

I drink it very seldom and we never have it in the house. It makes me feel bloated so i try to stay away.
    I would mainly use it for rum & coke.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Finches anything rocks, specially rockshandy, got a huuuge bottle in Dunnes for €1.50 a while ago :D

That's delicious as well! An excellent mixer too!

Is there a reason that Coke tastes better from a can - or is it just my imagination? It's possibly because cans keep colder easier, and colder Coke is more refreshing... or something :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Before my mam does her next weeks shopping Im gonna ask you what nice things are on offer :P You like know everything!! :pac:

Dunnes ftw - look at these €2 offers :P
    http://www.dunnesstores.ie/page.php?pid=372

Don't ask why it says "Please Drink Sensibly" at the bottom of the page as there's no alcohol on offer - unless they're referring to the milk :P

deise_girl wrote: »
    Before my mam does her next weeks shopping Im gonna ask you what nice things are on offer :P You like know everything!! :pac:

Its cos when you're a poor student all you buy is stuff with the bright yellow price labels which means SALES!!! Dunnes can have really really good reductions on things which also happen to be everything I like :cool:

• Advertisement

Is there a reason that Coke tastes better from a can - or is it just my imagination? It's possibly because cans keep colder easier, and colder Coke is more refreshing... or something :o

I always figured it was something to do with being stored in plastic for long periods of time... maybe it's both of those!

The order is like such:

Plastic bottle < Can < Glass bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Ew :P I hate coke, I think its the most horrible tasting drink I've ever had. I've tried to use it as a mixer but I just get sick of the taste of coke, not even the taste of the alcohol!

Sprite Zero ftw ;)

sprite make coke just so you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

NO... Coke make Sprite

lol :P

barney 20v wrote: »

But thankfully they taste nothing alike :P

Other way around, don't you mean.

Coca cola produce and bottle Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite zero, Fanta, Nestea, Oasis, Powerade, and burn energy drink

NO... Coke make Sprite

lol :P

Oh trust me i know all about it, lets just say i get coke every day in work for free and will do for life! sorry for the dity blonde moment! i have just had a busy day making the very thing you are discussing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Oh trust me i know all about it, lets just say i get coke every day in work for free and will do for life! sorry for the dity blonde moment! i have just had a busy day making the very thing you are discussing!

:pac: I was only messin :P

I see...

SEKKRIT INGREDIENT?! :pac:

Can I have your job, please? :eek:

God no you don't want it! nice to know that people appreciate what we do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

God no you don't want it! nice to know that people appreciate what we do!

We dont want to know the secret ingredient?

*Takes a few steps back*

EDIT: Oh you mean your job? Oh thats okay then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I don’t actually drink much coke at all. Prefer Pepsi to coke but only when it’s in an ice cold can. I drink 7up/Sprite or orange juice mostly. I always drink milk with my dinner. Can’t imagine drinking anything else with it tbh.

Lads what the hell is Tanora? I've never heard of it. :confused:

Ooh, Duffy I remember NCF aswel! They had that symbol on their milk and stuff, I can still picture it!

NCF cartons were blue and red instead of green and yellow and they had a recycling notice on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

considering I go through about 2-3L of coke every day :o
    Look at your teeth in a mirror.

Now wave them goodbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Mollikins wrote: »
    Lads what the hell is Tanora? I've never heard of it. :confused:
    They only sell it in Cork I think, it's tangerine flavour. Which sounds odd and unnecessary but it's fookin delish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I generally drink 3-4 cans of Pepsi Max/Diet Coke daily :/:(

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Namlub wrote: »
    They only sell it in Cork I think, it's tangerine flavour. Which sounds odd and unnecessary but it's fookin delish

Oh right.
    Those crazy Corkonians! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Mollikins wrote: »
    Oh right.
    Those crazy Corkonians! :p

It's sold in Waterford too.. But only Euro 2 sells it 'cos it's so crap..

Country spring red lemonade anyone? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Country spring red lemonade anyone? :pac:

Tastes like salt..

Advertisement