Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moles in Ireland?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi I have read articles that say there are no moles in Ireland but after spotting a number of characteristics within in the garden and comparing it with that of a moles habitat I am beginning to wonder if the above statement is true.

I am just wondering could I have mistaken the noted characteristics with another animal which is found in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SalmoTheLeaper

If you could stick up a photo of what you have it'd be interesting- I've seen their molehills in London, really amazing- looks for all the world as if someone had been out all night tipping buckets of fine earth randomly on the lawn! Apparently they're tricky enough to see in the flesh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cookmeister

Unfortunatly I am unable to take a photo of the garden as I am away for a while but what other animal would leave signs like that of a mole?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

What sort of 'signs' are you seeing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Sure you're not making a mountain out of a molehill there Cookmeister?
    sorry :)
    At a guess I'd say it could be a fox/badger or hedgehog burrowing up soil for earthworms.

Advertisement