Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target for Feb 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

panthera wrote: »
    Enjoy it :-)

why couldnt you of said that at the beginning besides there being a full page of ****e now on the log(as always)..:mad:

no need to be calling people "mugs" either...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

That last bit was sarcastic..................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Congrats on reaching your target, taking a few days off at the moment from all poker and betting but will be back with a bang next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Hey Bumsex, whens this new log kicking off? can't wait to see this system you have been trying out!

Smell of jealousy in here is pure rank!

Keep it up man hope I don't jinx ya by jumping on board the next log

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Bumsex wrote: »

KEMPTON
    14:25 CHRISTMAS HURDLE GRADE 1 2m
    2011-01-15 14:25:00
    Win or each way
    Binocular 5/2
    1/4 places 1,2

The mans relentless :)

• Advertisement

This is just a race that i have been looking forward to before christmas and is a race that i would love to solve.
    A very competitive grade 1 race where claims could be made for nearly every horse. Its a smallish field but never the less a very hard one to solve and i think if you asked 3 knowledgeable people they would give you 3 different horses.

Khyber Kim wasn't far away in the Champion and comes on very good form,[/B],won on heavy ground so conditions no matter how much rain falls it wont be too soft,runs fresh and should go well,Khyber Kim will be viewed as the bit of value in the field.. on the other hand both Starluck and Binocular last time behind the very impressive Peddlers Cross was fairly disappointing.

There is questions over whether or not Binocular is only at its best in march..I'd look at it this way,Binocular is the best horse in the race based on his Champion Hurdle win;

Starluck needs good ground and he wont be getting that so wont feature in my view.Starluck is the probably the one for those who like course form though;

Overturn is the key horse as he will more than likely be the leading horse at a very early stage.

The key to solving this race is the pace that will be set by Overturn,i think it will play into the hands of Binocular and seriously increase its chances, who absolutely thrives off a fast gallop and looks the safer horse to be on when push comes to shove in the final furlong..
    Winning tomorrow will prove that he is much better than a spring horse..

I would of had a big bet on Binocular to win (300) and a smaller bet of (100) on a double of Binocular and Kauto Star.But as i already have a big bet on Kauto Star tomo and have reached my target i wont be placing the bets, i dont want to go back down below my target
    So to round off the log il be placing,

KEMPTON
    14:25 CHRISTMAS HURDLE GRADE 1 2m
    2011-01-15 14:25:00
    Win or each way
    Binocular 5/2
    1/4 places 1,2

i hate to say it in a way as i didnt really care if he won but i am delighted i was able to solve the race like i said i would love to do..
    if the log was still going,i would be rolling in the money at the moment,was going to put 300 on binocular like i said previously..
    my run continues,

binocular won by 3 1/2 lengths,best horse in the race and for once ran up to his official rating,i love that.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Well done on the log and with Binocular mate, always lovely when you spend time to do a write up about the race and it unfolds exactly as you thought, great stuff. :) Thought Overturn ran a great race in second as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nice call on Binocular. I meant to ask you before,are you doing any ante post for Cheltenham?

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Good call dude and tidy price too.
    for once ran up to his official rating,i love that

He actually didn't, which is scary. :pac:

I think he can only reach his rating at Cheltenham,horses for courses.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Well done on the log and with Binocular mate, always lovely when you spend time to do a write up about the race and it unfolds exactly as you thought, great stuff. :) Thought Overturn ran a great race in second as well.

ya was happy with the way the race played,as i said overturn was the key and it just played into the hands of binocular,great horse.
    greetings wrote: »
    Nice call on Binocular. I meant to ask you before,are you doing any ante post for Cheltenham?

ya il be posting them in my new log,have only done 1 so far,and that was a binocular double,todays race and the champion hurdle @ 10/1,only 20 stake though.
    x PyRo wrote: »
    Good call dude and tidy price too.

He actually didn't, which is scary. :pac:

i know what your saying but, i mean he could if he wanted too,i know that he has it in him now for the champion hurdle,,he ran very well..

on the other hand.what can be said about kauto star,,well i find it amusing that some people still backed him right into 4/7...
    i knew his days were limited,sad to see such a good horse fail so badly today,im more disappointed for the horse than my money as i can win my money back but kauto is unfortunately now very much history..

ya was happy with the way the race played,as i said overturn was the key and it just played into the hands of binocular,great horse.

ya il be posting them in my new log,have only done 1 so far,and that was a binocular double,todays race and the champion hurdle @ 10/1,only 20 stake though.

i know what your saying but, i mean he could if he wanted too,i know that he has it in him now for the champion hurdle,,he ran very well..

on the other hand.what can be said about kauto star,,well i find it amusing that some people still backed him right into 4/7...
    i knew his days were limited,sad to see such a good horse fail so badly today,im more disappointed for the horse than my money as i can win my money back but kauto is unfortunately now very much history..
    This is the bit I don't understand and following a comment last night about him 'not being the same horse'. What made you think that he wasn't as good as he was before? And the horse was still well in with a shout before he nearly sent McCoy flying at that fence,look at the ground he was making. Even if he didn't beat Long Run he would have ran him within a length I'd say if not less if he hadn't made that mistake.Not a sign of a horse on a decline,making a mistake.

This is the bit I don't understand and following a comment last night about him 'not being the same horse'. What made you think that he wasn't as good as he was before? And the horse was still well in with a shout before he nearly sent McCoy flying at that fence,look at the ground he was making. Even if he didn't beat Long Run he would have ran him within a length I'd say if not less if he hadn't made that mistake.Not a sign of a horse on a decline,making a mistake.

long run deservingly won that race so im not going to leave my pocket talk as kauto is not the horse he used to be, imo..
    most people including myself wrote long run right off.
    he jumped very very well which won him the race..
    i said last night i didnt think he was the same horse he used to be because he is 11 years old,his stamina is surely sooner rather than later going to take an effect,he hit that fence hard as he was under severe pressure.
    theres a reason why there hasnt been 5 KGs won as it takes the life out of any horse.

maybe it was an off day,but i doubt it and can truly say it with regret i think kauto is finished,in regards to winning any big big races,

long run deservingly won that race so im not going to leave my pocket talk as kauto is not the horse he used to be, imo..
    i said last night i didnt think he was the same horse he used to be because he is 11 years old,his stamina is surely sooner rather than later going to take an effect,he hit that fence hard as he was under severe pressure.
    theres a reason why there hasnt been 5 KGs won as it takes the life out of any horse.

maybe it was an off day,but i doubt it and can truly say it with regret i think kauto is finished,in regards to winning any big big races,

I hope you're not incinuating that I was talking out of my pocket,definitely not. I'll admit myself I didn't think Long Run would have won but there was a nagging doubt in my mind when there was sustained money. He's not a Cheltenham horse,no doubt about that,so I don't think he'll be a Gold Cup horse unless he seriously brushes up him jumping around Cheltenham. But the way he won the Feltham was so impressive he could be the next ruler of the King George.
    Yes,his stamina will go,but the King George isn't totally about stamina. His stamina wasn't what let him down today,not even close. It's the speed that goes before stamina. Kempton isn't a track where you need an abundance of stamina,even around 3 miles. It's clear Kuato still did have stamina,just look at how he was closing Long Run when Long Run kicked on. Long Run has bags of speed,that was the difference. If Kauto jumped that fence well,there's no way people could be calling him a past horse.

Saying a horse is on the decline because he is a certain age can't be an a reason when he hadn't shown himself to be on the decline. Red Rum won the National at 12!

I hope you're not incinuating that I was talking out of my pocket,definitely not. I'll admit myself I didn't think Long Run would have won but there was a nagging doubt in my mind when there was sustained money. He's not a Cheltenham horse,no doubt about that,so I don't think he'll be a Gold Cup horse unless he seriously brushes up him jumping around Cheltenham. But the way he won the Feltham was so impressive he could be the next ruler of the King George.
    Yes,his stamina will go,but the King George isn't totally about stamina. His stamina wasn't what let him down today,not even close. It's the speed that goes before stamina. Kempton isn't a track where you need an abundance of stamina,even around 3 miles. It's clear Kuato still did have stamina,just look at how he was closing Long Run when Long Run kicked on. Long Run has bags of speed,that was the difference. If Kauto jumped that fence well,there's no way people could be calling him a past horse.

its all about "ifs" and "buts" im afraid and the fact that he couldnt keep up was why he was pushed so hard,i do think stamina played a part in him not winning today,but speed yes was another factor..

tbh il be very surprised to see him win another big race,his days are now certainly limited,il leave it at that..:)

Can't agree with you at all about stamina being a factor when it couldn't be clearer that Kauto was catching him.
    This is a horse racing forum chat,I'll leave it at that.

its all about "ifs" and "buts" im afraid and the fact that he couldnt keep up was why he was pushed so hard,i do think stamina played a part in him not winning today,but speed yes was another factor..

tbh il be very surprised to see him win another big race,his days are now certainly limited,il leave it at that..:)

Sorry I missed the last part of your post. I can't see him winning many big races myself now. Last year's novices look like a good bunch.

Well with binocular winning by 3 1/2 lengths after being backed from 5/2-13/8.
    it has finished off the log nicely.
    il be back later today with my new log,and a new way of betting which will need a lot less bank and hopefully a more consistent profit.
    the log finished with a;

Balance= €6263
    Profit=€3763

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Well done Bumsex....thats a nice chunk of cash.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the new log. Will you be starting with a few basketball bets tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

hopefully a more consistent profit.

:eek: is that possible?

Looking forward to the new log. Will you be starting with a few basketball bets tonight?

nope...staying away from any bet until tomo,must sort out all my accounts,whether its withdrawing/depositing money into preferred accounts.
    also im back playing poker for the first time tonight for 2 months,so am too busy.:p
    :eek: is that possible?

well im mean in the since that i wont be making losses of 900 a day like i did the first 2 days of the last log,im a student and cant afford that kind of hit any more.
    it will be a steady profit/steady loss...
    im not going for the killer log this time where i make serious money,its just something i want to do to see can i make profit this knew way...

Haha I can't play poker. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/scoreboard
    thoughT I'd post that if you're interested,has all the live scores and fixtures but good for basketball stats. Click on each team and it'll show ppg,apg etc and all average points and all,as well as home and away records, good to have a look at if you're having a bet on it.

Haha I can't play poker. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/scoreboard
    thoughT I'd post that if you're interested,has all the live scores and fixtures but good for basketball stats. Click on each team and it'll show ppg,apg etc and all average points and all,as well as home and away records, good to have a look at if you're having a bet on it.

ya thats one of the stats i use to help me in making my selection..
    i always have that site open,for NFL,NBA.its brilliant..instant live scores.:p

Mint man,they're live scores are so much faster than PP.

Mint man,they're live scores are so much faster than PP.

you can say that again.

william hill are nearly slower,thats why i opened an account with them,
    havent had a losing bet with them yet since i opened the account..:)
    there spreads are way off in running,i only wonder sometimes what game they would be watching..

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Sorry to intrude. Just wanting to know the preference of bookmaker you lads use. With Paddypower at the moment..Hate it

Sorry to intrude. Just wanting to know the preference of bookmaker you lads use. With Paddypower at the moment..Hate it

for horses= pp/bet365/betfair...
    for basketball=william hill

your better off setting up at least another highstreet bookie,bet365 id recommend.
    then betfair is another exchange that every punter should have.
    just my opinion..

• Advertisement

New Log..

Starting with a relatively low Balance of €1000,
    The Target is to reach a Balance of €3000 by Feb 14th,
    the main reason for the specific date might be quiet obvious to
    some but for others who might not be so aware,its to fund a holiday for
    myself and the girlfriend for Valentines Day...
    Pretty sad you might say but i need a break and shes good company..:P

Anyway down to business,,
    Ive been working with this strategy for the last while,its basically leaving me with consistent profit,the things i bet on are not different but the amount of bets per day is reduced significantly,once a set amount of money has been staked i wont bet for the rest of the day,
    I have limited myself to €250 per day (25%),now you might say thats still a lot and in fairness it is considering my bank,but i wont be staking that much every day,its only when i see a really good bet that i will prob use up all my "allowance"..

Balance=1000
    Profit= -

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement