Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target for Feb 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Is it €250 no matter what the bank is, or will it be 25% of your bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

baz2009 wrote: »
    Is it €250 no matter what the bank is, or will it be 25% of your bank?

25%,but there should be no need for me to stake any more than 200 per day as i only need to make a profit of around 50 per day to reach my target..
    should be interesting to see if it can be done now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Bumsex wrote: »
    you can say that again.

william hill are nearly slower,thats why i opened an account with them,
    havent had a losing bet with them yet since i opened the account..:)
    there spreads are way off in running,i only wonder sometimes what game they would be watching..
    Must have a look then,bookies can be surprisingly so far off the mark when it comes to foreign sports,by the sounds of it,big chances with Hills,no wonder they've shut about half of their shops
    Sorry to intrude. Just wanting to know the preference of bookmaker you lads use. With Paddypower at the moment..Hate it
    for horses= pp/bet365/betfair...
    for basketball=william hill

your better off setting up at least another highstreet bookie,bet365 id recommend.
    then betfair is another exchange that every punter should have.
    just my opinion..
    Ya betfair or 365 I think are the better ones. VC are very good for prices
    New Log..

Starting with a relatively low Balance of €1000,
    The Target is to reach a Balance of €3000 by Feb 14th,
    the main reason for the specific date might be quiet obvious to
    some but for others who might not be so aware,its to fund a holiday for
    myself and the girlfriend for Valentines Day...
    Pretty sad you might say but i need a break and shes good company..:P

Anyway down to business,,
    Ive been working with this strategy for the last while,its basically leaving me with consistent profit,the things i bet on are not different but the amount of bets per day is reduced significantly,once a set amount of money has been staked i wont bet for the rest of the day,
    I have limited myself to €250 per day (25%),now you might say thats still a lot and in fairness it is considering my bank,but i wont be staking that much every day,its only when i see a really good bet that i will prob use up all my "allowance"..

Balance=1000
    Profit= -

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Going to give bet365 a try. Best of luck with new log Bumsex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

best of luck ,great betting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

When u placing 1st bet? Good luck in your new target

will give reasoning later on but just throwing these up to get them out of the way,,,morning prices on some will be taken.

SOUTHWELL
    12:50 HANDICAP (0-60) 1m
    2011-01-16 12:50:00
    Win or each way
    Powerful Presence 4/5
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Double

Is running extremely well of late and can take all the beating here again today where it will be going for its 3rd straight win.still off a reasonably low mark and follow up here in style,cost just 800,which looks like a real bargain now..
    she really likes this all weather track too which is another advantage,nice jockey on board to steer it home..

FAIRYHOUSE
    14:15 CHASE (GRADE 2) 2m 1f
    2011-01-16 14:15:00
    Win or each way
    Golden Silver 3/10

Double

Can get back to winning ways here today fairly easy,was beaten last time by big zeb as he didnt jump up to his usual standard...free money imo..great price too..

Double=150

SOUTHWELL
    14:30 APPRENTICE H'CAP 1m 4f
    2011-01-16 14:30:00
    Win or each way
    Yossi 7/1 NAP
    1/5 places 1,2,3

50e/w

My nap bet for today,have backed before and has been unlucky in running,love the horse as we have not seen its full potential yet,confident of a win tomo for its first time since 2007,place money is guaranteed imo..Tivers Song and Magic Haze are the dangers in this race but i think yossi has the beating of them.

SOUTHWELL
    15:05 HANDICAP (0-55) 5f
    2011-01-16 15:05:00
    Win or each way
    Best One 10/1
    1/4 places 1,2,3

25e/w

Another horse that ive backed before,last 2 outings have been poor,but are going to forgive her for that and going in again at a lovely price,cant see it being there for long,serious place claims and wouldnt be surprised of a win..

I was gonna go for a double on Golden Silver and Our Girl Salley

These two horses were ones i was considering but said i would keep the money for some nfl and nba games tonight,after seeing that pyro is backing them too,instead,im not going to bother with any bets tonight and saving the money for the below selections,
    hope it pays off.

FFOS LAS
    14:40 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f
    2011-01-16 14:40:00
    Win or each way
    Scoter Fontaine 9/1
    1/4 places 1,2,3,4

25e/w

pyro has reasoning up for this 1,no point me even trying to better it,just have a look at his tread..

FFOS LAS
    15:15 HANDICAP CHASE 3m
    2011-01-16 15:15:00
    Win or each way
    Sporting Rebel 5/1
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Another previous selection of mine,came 3rd off an official rating of 120 at folks LTO over 2m5f,step up in trip today i think will suit and should run very close,hopeful of a good run for my money.its only recent win was at this distance so it has to be its perfect trip...
    first time at ffos las but the ground is suspected to be soft which will be no problem for my selection but there question marks over its rivals so hopefully she will run close.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

All the best with the new log. Hope its just as successful as the last one. Good luck :cool:

• Advertisement

Bumsex I haven't watched the Cavs lately and am betting big against them tonight.
    Have you seen them?
    They are actually awful! It's like Man United playing Sligo Rovers,except Rovers are decent.

Reasoning added to all above selections.
    400 staked in total over today and tomorrow,so have a 100 tomo if i want to use it but prob wont as il be busy all day..:o

God bumsex an example of how slow PP are.
    Blazers lead 56 55. Power's have it 53 46 to the Nets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

You reckon Golden Silver at 3/10 is a great price, im surprised with that?

greetings wrote: »
    God bumsex an example of how slow PP are.
    Blazers lead 56 55. Power's have it 53 46 to the Nets :pac:

they dont up date there scores but there spreads are undated all the time,the spread is prob the same roughly with every other bookie..
    Kod-box wrote: »
    You reckon Golden Silver at 3/10 is a great price, im surprised with that?

you obviously dont know his potential,he was only beaten last time as big zeb is just class,if he jumps anyway good tomo then 3/10 is great value, for a group 1 winner,hes at 2/11 shot in my books..free money like i said..

Only realised after I posted they'd removed the markets,all two of them.

I know the horse only too well, but him against obsticles and other horses is no way value at 3/10 in my book, no horse is, he should piss up but its one of them races i wouldnt touch for fear he'd fall or get badly hampered, your more hoping your money is not lost rather than thinking of the slim profit he provides, if you get me.

I know the horse only too well, but him against obsticles and other horses is no way value at 3/10 in my book, no horse is, he should piss up but its one of them races i wouldnt touch for fear he'd fall or get badly hampered, your more hoping your money is not lost rather than thinking of the slim profit he provides, if you get me.

point taken but look at it this way,,,
    best horse by a clear mile,
    best jumper by a clear mile,eventhough its still not the best.
    theres no way he will get hampered as he will run from front to avoid been taken down.
    hes also in a double which brings his price up to about the 8/15 mark,if i was splitting my stage on the 2 horses.

id love to know why people here bet on barcelona,real madrid,man utd at odds of 1/5,1/7 and so on and so on..
    its an absolute joke,even the -1 handicap sometimes is about 4/11,1/2..and they are delighted doing it too saying its free money,so many variables compared to a horse in this instance.
    in comparison to a soccer game with a top soccer team and a horse at odds of 3/10 in a 4 horse race,,,il take the horse every time thanks very much...
    great value...

Soccer teams have more time to prove their class, the horse gets a few minutes, 1 blunder and he could be gone, im not one to bulk up bets with 1/5 shots in accums either, but i'd be more certain of the likes of Real @ 1/4 tomorrow than Golden Silver @ 3/10 tbh, but thats just me, i dont see value in either though and wouldnt have a bet as i said earlier, good luck though.

you obviously dont know his potential,he was only beaten last time as big zeb is just class,if he jumps anyway good tomo then 3/10 is great value, for a group 1 winner,hes at 2/11 shot in my books..free money like i said..

Thats about all i got right today,golden silver wins like he should after being backed into 2/11..
    the rest ran poor throughout,dont know what went wrong with them tbh..
    I must re-think a few thinks now,emmm......!

• Advertisement

Enhanced NFL Special
    2011-01-16 21:30:00
    Enhanced Special
    Patriots to win and Welker to score
    14/5

just something im throwing up before i go down to the local for a few.

Soccer teams have more time to prove their class, the horse gets a few minutes, 1 blunder and he could be gone, im not one to bulk up bets with 1/5 shots in accums either, but i'd be more certain of the likes of Real @ 1/4 tomorrow than Golden Silver @ 3/10 tbh, but thats just me, i dont see value in either though and wouldnt have a bet as i said earlier, good luck though.

famous last words..:pac:
    Enhanced NFL Special
    2011-01-16 21:30:00
    Enhanced Special
    Patriots to win and Welker to score
    14/5

just something im throwing up before i go down to the local for a few.

no good again,,last 2 days have been poor to say the least.just like my last log im off to a bad start,but hopefully will pick up from here and reach my target with relative ease..

Balance=500
    Profit=-500

was waiting for that lol, thank fúck i didnt do them, you were right in the value of Golden Silver but backers would have been worrying when Rubi Light took a nice lead from the start, i just dont like the real shorties like that, as i said earlier its more a relief you didnt lose money than happiness you won money when they do win, not my type of gambling.

was waiting for that lol, thank fúck i didnt do them, you were right in the value of Golden Silver but backers would have been worrying when Rubi Light took a nice lead from the start, i just dont like the real shorties like that, as i said earlier its more a relief you didnt lose money than happiness you won money when they do win, not my type of gambling.

thats really all i was trying to say last night,as i knew he was value,didnt see the race myself as i was working all day but it didnt matter a **** anyway as the other horse came second losing by about a length i think..

couldnt help myself..:pac:
    ronaldos strike there at the end was a cracker though and if it went in off the crossbar it would deserving win the game,or in fact any game..
    still looking for my first winning bet in the new log,hopefully today it will change for the better.

Well i meant the value in getting the market right, as ive said i will never see value in backing long odds on horses like that, but i suppose to bulk up a double its alright, i hadnt spotted that in your first post...you should watch a replay of the race, didnt go all straightforward as expected but he did win at a canter.

Real are too reliant on Ronaldo imo, was unlucky a few times in the parts i watched of the game, could have had a couple of penos too, but it was a ref who had obviously made his mind up before the game that he was a diver...i despise Real anyway and hope Barca romp that league so no loss :pac:

PLUMPTON
    13:40 NOVICE CHASE 2m 4f
    2011-01-17 13:40:00
    Win or each way
    Have You Seen Me 7/4

double

FAKENHAM
    13:25 BEGINNERS CHASE 3m 110yds
    2011-01-17 13:25:00
    Win or each way
    Night Orbit 6/5

double

60 on double

Night Orbit ran very poorly,something wrong with her.

PLUMPTON
    13:40 NOVICE CHASE 2m 4f
    2011-01-17 13:40:00
    Win or each way
    Have You Seen Me 13/8

Edit

WOLVERHAMPTON
    14:20 CLAIMING STAKES 7f 32yds
    2011-01-17 14:20:00
    Win or each way
    Avon River evens

50 double on avon river and Silicium
    50 double on avon river have you seen me
    FAKENHAM
    13:55 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 4f
    2011-01-17 13:55:00
    Win or each way
    Silicium 10/11
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Have you seen me ran poorly,know cathing the winner..
    night orbit pulled up,something wrong with her.

Silicium traded at 1.04 in running and lost.
    that somes up my luck of late..terrible stuff..
    i still have a balance of 290 so its not all over yet..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Did you not have a 50 double of Avon river and have you seen me ??

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Did you not have a 50 double of Avon river and have you seen me ??

yep 50 on that double too.ahh **** now i see what ya mean..fixed it there
    delected it,when i was editing post..

last throw of the dice today,gone over my limit aswel which cant be a good sign,hopefully it pays off now.

WOLVERHAMPTON
    14:20 CLAIMING STAKES 7f 32yds
    2011-01-17 14:20:00
    Win or each way
    Avon River 10/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Hope Avon River does the business for ya !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement