Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target for Feb 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

LINGFIELD
    15:40 HANDICAP (0-75) 1m 2f
    2011-01-19 15:40:00
    Win or each way
    Memorabilia 15/8
    1/4 places 1,2

Bumsex wrote: »
    LINGFIELD
    15:40 HANDICAP (0-75) 1m 2f
    2011-01-19 15:40:00
    Win or each way
    Memorabilia 15/8
    1/4 places 1,2

Wins by a nose...:p
    thanks be to god for that,,needed that turn of luck..
    backed heavily in the closing stages,pp were doing 5/4 at the same time bet365 were doing best price 15/8..:confused:

Was up early this morning as i had a lot to do and didnt have time to check the price on bow river arch,he was backed into 8/13,which meant i prob would of gone in on him but for once my job saves me from losing money.

KEMPTON
    17:00 CLAIMING STAKES 1m
    2011-01-19 17:00:00
    Match Betting 10/11
    Syrian (v Slikback Jack)

KEMPTON
    17:00 CLAIMING STAKES 1m
    2011-01-19 17:00:00
    Match Betting 10/11
    Syrian (v Slikback Jack)

Wins easily..
    beating silkback jack by 8 lenghts

it was a fairly stand out pick really when i saw it..
    syrian was backed into jf and traded at 1.3 for the win..
    would of gone in bigger but my luck lately isnt the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was going to back the winner before the off and literally when I went to click it it came up on PP that it was in running. So then I saw the in running prices. How are you meant to bet in running when you cant watch the race? Forgot about the 1 euro stake,raging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Wins easily..
    beating silkback jack by 8 lenghts

it was a fairly stand out pick really when i saw it..
    syrian was backed into jf and traded at 1.3 for the win..
    would of gone in bigger but my luck lately isnt the best.

well done i was on this myself, getting back on track!

greetings wrote: »
    I was going to back the winner before the off and literally when I went to click it it came up on PP that it was in running. So then I saw the in running prices. How are you meant to bet in running when you cant watch the race? Forgot about the 1 euro stake,raging.

ya the €1 burden is annoying alright,but i usually put it on something that is defo just to watch a race.
    Dunston wrote: »
    well done i was on this myself, getting back on track!

hopefully mate,by the end of the week now il be flying again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

no not yet,am waiting for prices by bet365,i can get just over evens on the treble with pp..
    i know they can do that sometimes but i dont think it is in this case,il ask in the gaa tread just to see their opinion..
    thanks for the heads up anyway..

why did u have a go at fkiely for putting his bet up and then changing his mind when you did the same.....you were saying you should wait till you actually do the bet but you didnt in this situation... just thought id ask as it seemed very hypocritical

colly54 wrote: »
    why did u have a go at fkiely for putting his bet up and then changing his mind when you did the same.....you were saying you should wait till you actually do the bet but you didnt in this situation... just thought id ask as it seemed very hypocritical

wasnt having a go,was giving advice,what are you ona bout...??
    actually dont answer that please,i hate this barking..
    i give advice to someone and then its thrown back by someone completely different..
    it had nothing to do with the withdrawal of the bet as it was done before the game...why would i have a problem,misinterpreted what i said id say.

My main bet tonight will be in the Hornets game and it goes as follows.

NBA Matches
    Memphis Grizzlies At New Orleans Hornets
    2011-01-20 01:05:00
    Handicap Betting
    New Orleans Hornets (-3.5)

Currently the spread is -3.5 which is attractive enough even at that but will wait for in running again...
    The New Orleans Hornets are in form and represent excellent value as a mere 3.5-point home favorite over Grizzlies. New Orleans had the best record as regards the first month in the nba as a whole.They experienced recently a bad run but no seem to be back in business. The Hornets have won 5 straight and are 8-2 SU & 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall. They have beaten the likes of Boston, Denver and Orlando which is very impressive. Memphis are a good team and claims could be mafe for a win here but they are certainly getting too much respect with this spread tonight.
    The Hornets are 16-5 at home this season, limiting opponents to a mere 90.4 points/game while Memphis is 7-15 on the road, giving up 100.0 points/game.
    New Orleans is 15-4 in their last 19 home meetings with the Grizzlies. The Hornets are 16-3 ATS (+12.7 Units) when the total is between 180 and 189.5 points this season.
    Im expecting a home win for the hornets and for them to cover the spread,im also expecting a low scoring game,so would recommend the under 185.5 as well...In play bet for me,and very confident in it too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Just a heads up Bumsex incase ya haven't noticed yet, the results for the xmas exams are up, this link was posted over in the UL forum best of luck. https://si1.ul.ie/Student_Results/

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Just a heads up Bumsex incase ya haven't noticed yet, the results for the xmas exams are up, this link was posted over in the UL forum best of luck. https://si1.ul.ie/Student_Results/

ya 1 of the lads texted me about it,,,

out of 5 exams,
    3 fails
    1 no grade
    1 C1.

im pretty sure thats me done now..:o

ya 1 of the lads texted me about it,,,

out of 5 exams,
    3 fails
    1 no grade
    1 C1.

im pretty sure thats me done now..:o

****e unlucky man, didn't do great myself but sure thats life. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

What site do u use for the IR basketball bets? New Orleans are 8 points down now wud like to get on em but paddypower dont have live betting on the game and no money in betfairs market either

Dunston wrote: »
    What site do u use for the IR basketball bets? New Orleans are 8 points down now wud like to get on em but paddypower dont have live betting on the game and no money in betfairs market either

ya poor enough start but they will pick up,bet365 and william hill are the best..

My main bet tonight will be in the Hornets game and it goes as follows.

NBA Matches
    Memphis Grizzlies At New Orleans Hornets
    2011-01-20 01:05:00
    Handicap Betting
    New Orleans Hornets (+2.5) 175 @ 10/11

New Orleans Hornets (+9.5) 200 @ 10/11

Currently the spread is -3.5 which is attractive enough even at that but will wait for in running again...
    The New Orleans Hornets are in form and represent excellent value as a mere 3.5-point home favorite over Grizzlies. New Orleans had the best record as regards the first month in the nba as a whole.They experienced recently a bad run but no seem to be back in business. The Hornets have won 5 straight and are 8-2 SU & 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall. They have beaten the likes of Boston, Denver and Orlando which is very impressive. Memphis are a good team and claims could be mafe for a win here but they are certainly getting too much respect with this spread tonight.
    The Hornets are 16-5 at home this season, limiting opponents to a mere 90.4 points/game while Memphis is 7-15 on the road, giving up 100.0 points/game.
    New Orleans is 15-4 in their last 19 home meetings with the Grizzlies. The Hornets are 16-3 ATS (+12.7 Units) when the total is between 180 and 189.5 points this season.
    Im expecting a home win for the hornets and for them to cover the spread,im also expecting a low scoring game,so would recommend the under 185.5 as well...In play bet for me,and very confident in it too..

Lads what a game,i can safely say it was the best basketball match i have seen in a very very long time....

My two bets were;

New Orleans Hornets (+2.5) 175 @ 10/11
    New Orleans Hornets (+9.5) 200 @ 10/11

both bets come in, the hornets win by 1,by the most amazing of circumstances...
    I love it......

For full details see the nba tread,,warning its a bit mad..:p
    goodnight and god bless,,im wrecked...

Profit of 341 tonight

MEYDAN
    14:35 HANDICAP (3YO+) 7f
    2011-01-20 14:35:00
    Win or each way
    Sahara Kingdom 13/8
    1/4 places 1,2,3

Price is some what gone now from 15/8 into 11/8, this is a very competitive race where its really open to pretty much any horse.claims can be made for almost any1 of these,especially the likes of golden desert and warsaw but its hard to say.
    Its pretty much any1s race hence im not going in big but feel its still a value bet depite missing the earlier price..

€10 on golden desert @ 10/1
    €5 on warsaw @ 26/1
    €10 on solid chance @11/1

MEYDAN
    14:35 HANDICAP (3YO+) 7f
    2011-01-20 14:35:00
    Win or each way
    Sahara Kingdom 13/8
    1/4 places 1,2,3

Price is some what gone now from 15/8 into 11/8, this is a very competitive race where its really open to pretty much any horse.claims can be made for almost any1 of these,especially the likes of golden desert and warsaw but its hard to say.
    Its pretty much any1s race hence im not going in big but feel its still a value bet depite missing the earlier price..

€10 on golden desert @ 10/1
    €5 on warsaw @ 26/1
    €10 on solid chance @11/1

Well lucky i did add solid chance as he won.:pac:

waraw traded ar 1.98 or some where around that and sahara didnt feature.

after reading my write up again and just in hindsight mode i prob should of layed sahara kingdom,i could of at 2.12 and was half tempted to as i said it was any1s race, but i just couldnt ignore the price i could get earlier compare to the bookies price..

TAUNTON
    15:00 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 110yds
    2011-01-20 15:00:00
    Win or each way
    Bedarra Boy 2/1
    1/4 places 1,2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Had Bedarra Boy too, very nice, came close enough to unseating the jockey but can't complain!

• Advertisement

TAUNTON
    15:00 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 110yds
    2011-01-20 15:00:00
    Win or each way
    Bedarra Boy 2/1
    1/4 places 1,2

Wins very nicely,great ride,
    thanks to nulty and olbg on that one and a bit of following the market so to speak.but these are all things that we have to be aware of to be profitable.
    thats why i love these forums..:p
    well done only1stevo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

To be honest, had backed him before saw Nultys tip, would have doubled my stake if I had of logged on id say, only small stakes for me atm but it all counts

TAUNTON
    16:00 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 3f
    2011-01-20 16:00:00
    Win or each way
    Sultan Fontenaille
    1/4 places 1,2

50 lay at 2.02

now this looks like a race were sultan fontenalille is way under priced.claims can be made for 2 if not 3 depending on the new comers that have equal if not better claims.Especially golden duck..Health is wealth also was going soundly 4 out before unseating rider and stands another big chance here off the same mark,,not like me to be going against favorites but this seems like good value,hes the 5/2 favorite in my book but only narrowly,evens is way to short..
    small stake as im not used to this whole laying thing,especially with horses.

TAUNTON
    Win or each way
    Sultan Fontenaille
    1/4 places 1,2

50 lay at 2.02

now this looks like a race were sultan fontenalille is way under priced.claims can be made for 2 if not 3 depending on the new comers that have equal if not better claims.Especially golden duck..Health is wealth also was going soundly 4 out before unseating rider and stands another big chance here off the same mark,,not like me to be going against favorites but this seems like good value,hes the 5/2 favorite in my book but only narrowly,evens is way to short..

BOOM....:D

Sultan Fontenaille loses by half a length to the un exposed Magic Marmalade ,the horse golden duck was a head behind in 3rd.so close finish but doesnt matter..
    nice to get a win lay at those odds...:)

BOOM....:D

Sultan Fontenaille loses by half a length to the un exposed Magic Marmalade ,the horse golden duck was a head behind in 3rd.so close finish but doesnt matter..
    nice to get a win lay at those odds...:)

How much did that return? I don't really get how the stakes and returns work in Laying. Good win and well done on having a great days return so far.

WOLVERHAMPTON
    19:20 HANDICAP (0-85) 1m 1f 103yds
    2011-01-20 19:20:00
    Win or each way
    Dahaam @ 3.9
    1/5 places 1,2,3

looks like he will take all the beating,
    main worry of course is mongoose alert.
    Hopeful of a big run now to end the poor looking racing at wolves.
    nothing catches the eye whatsoever.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    How much did that return? I don't really get how the stakes and returns work in Laying. Good win and well done on having a great days return so far.

basically whatever you lay you win,so in this case i made a profit of 50,,if he would of won then my liability would of been 51,meaning i would be down 51..
    thanks btw,things starting to pick up now,last night was great as well for the bb

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

TAUNTON
    Win or each way
    Sultan Fontenaille
    1/4 places 1,2

50 lay at 2.02

Well done on this bet i love seeing people laying horses there can be great value to be had i was watching at the races yesterday the favouirte was 10/11 and the second favourite was even money in a 5 horse race surely if you fancied one of them to win you're better off laying the other but some people don't.

WOLVERHAMPTON
    17:20 FILLIES HANDICAP 5f 216yds
    2011-01-20 17:20:00
    Win or each way
    Bold Ring @ 4.7
    1/4 places 1,2

defo worth a shot as this price now.

• Advertisement

WOLVERHAMPTON
    17:20 FILLIES HANDICAP 5f 216yds
    2011-01-20 17:20:00
    Win or each way
    Bold Ring @ 4.7
    1/4 places 1,2

defo worth a shot as this price now.

traded at 1.9 in running and was able to lay off at even money..
    not counting it though
    the winner was a previous selection of mine(Dualagi @ 28.0 on bf)
    raging over that now to be honest..never looked at my tracker today,and totally over looked it..:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement