Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target for Feb 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

Healio wrote: »
    One question left unanswered . .......

as regards the 10/11 and always being '2 ticks' better off,
    well its actually called taking the best price,which every good punter should do,dont mean to be smart but i have more than just the one account,im assuming you use pp and are referring to them when you go to check the prices,hence your getting bad odds as pp are the worst at that market or in fact any market when it comes to just before the off as regards prices,betfair are the best,and use them more often then not..
    i dont want an answer to this question but why would you want a screenshot if you think im able to fake them,defeats the purpose a small bit.

anyway i think ive dealt with that soundly enough for the 100th time,
    i would like if youd refrain from posting as its very controversial and clogs the log,
    Instead what i would like you to do is if you have any problem with the way the MY log is run then i would urge you to report it to a MOD and not me,
    they can then deal with me accordingly if they may wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Bumsex wrote: »
    as regards the 10/11 and always being '2 ticks' better off,
    well its actually called taking the best price,which every good punter should do,dont mean to be smart but i have more than just the one account,im assuming you use pp and are referring to them when you go to check the prices,hence your getting bad odds as pp are the worst at that market or in fact any market when it comes to just before the off as regards prices,betfair are the best,and use them more often then not..

So who did you do the match bet with? It seems strange every bet you post has the PP Template.

E.g.:

PP:
    14:25 VICTOR CHANDLER CHASE (GRADE 1) 2m 1f
    2011-01-22 14:25:00
    Win or each way
    Master Minded
    1/5 places 1,2,3

WillHill:
    Best Odds Guaranteed!
    Master Minded @ 4/6 ( Take SP )Minimum Stake : 0.03
    Maximum Stake : 1100.00
    Each Way @ 1/5 1-3

Bet365: pt=N#o=4/6#f=37380819#fp=163092144#so=0#c=2#sa=4D3A551E#
    Master Minded @SP 4/6
    Stake To Win
    Bet Max

Betfair:Back (Bet for) Your
    Odds Your
    Stake Your
    Profit
    Master Minded €0.00
    You are betting FOR Master Minded to win. You are betting FOR Master Minded to win. If you win, 'Your Stake' of [BET_STAKE] is returned to you together with a profit of [BET_PROFIT]. If you lose you lose 'Your Stake'.

Which one looks like every bet in your thread? Yet when you get asked a question about any of your selections, you have put it on in Hills, or Corals, or Boris the Russian from number 10.
    Bumsex wrote:
    anyway i think ive dealt with that soundly enough for the 100th time,
    i would like if youd refrain from posting as its very controversial and clogs the log,

I'm sorry the fact you are a fake is controversal and clogging your thread, you have to understand; whether you like it or not, you have guys following what you are posting, and evrytime you go to edit/delete a bet, they will not get there money back. Although you never said they were tips, right? Yet you still go out of your way to blow every winner out of proportion, perhaps you like the attention, i can only speculate.

Bumsex wrote:
    Instead what i would like you to do is if you have any problem with the way the MY log is run then i would urge you to report it to a MOD and not me,
    they can then deal with me accordingly if they may wish.

I have and will continue to, mind you; that paragraph comes across to me as: "I know i'm doing wrong, but sure no-one will stop me" If I was a mod you'd have been out on your ear 6 months ago.
    So who did you do the match bet with?

So who did you do the match bet with? It seems strange every bet you post has the PP Template.

yes and rightly so,they have by far the best layout out of all the bookies/exchanges,,im hardly going to use a betfair template.
    it makes things a lot more readable,,,btw bet365.

all your comments about me being a 'fake' is something i dont take lightly and it will be dealt with,not here though like you are... Ive been a poster for about a year now and to get this abuse is unfair and not called for..
    I have not said one word in a disrespectful manner to you yet i get it back ten fold..
    I would like you now as i have said to refrain from posting and take it up with a mod,i dont want this in my log,its been here long enough and i think its about time it has stopped..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

yes and rightly so,they have by far the best layout out of all the bookies/exchanges,,im hardly going to use a betfair template.

But surely it would be easier to just paste the bet from wherever you (would have) put it on; rather than putting on your bet, going back to powers, finding your selection, clicking on it, copying and pasting their betslip here, and then changing the price.
    Seems like a lot of effort for someone who is not posting tips; and if you are only logging bets, that is off the charts, i have already uploaded a spreadsheet you can use, but a biro and A4 pad do the job just the same.

Im basically trying to gauge, why you go to the hassle of logging every bet you do on this website, when two very easily accesible options mentioned above, would suit more to what you claim to be doing.
    All your threads have the "look at the size of my cock" vibe to them, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I think you're doing really well with the logs you have on here but surely the easiest way to stop all the arguing is to post your selection early in the morning like pyro does.Then don't edit any posts and if you're going to include in play bets then post the screenshots then nobody can question you.

• Advertisement

mixed up wrote: »
    I think you're doing really well with the logs you have on here but surely the easiest way to stop all the arguing is to post your selection early in the morning like pyro does.Then don't edit any posts and if you're going to include in play bets then post the screenshots then nobody can question you.

im not commenting on anymore of your posts healio.

No, i shouldnt have to,why dont you ask all the other loggers to post all there selections the night before..it doesnt work that way im afraid..
    logs are suppose to make you disciplined,if i posted my bets the night before and just left it like that i wouldnt need a log as i would be disciplined enough,but i need one to keep me under control so to speak,as i once was a big time chaser.losing punter..ive said all this before..

ASCOT
    2.25 VICTOR CHANDLER CHASE (GRADE 1) 2m
    Win or Each Way
    Master Minded 8/13
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Well its the big one and all eyes will be on the Victor Chandler Chase at Ascot at 2.25 and especially my selection Master Minded..
    Paul Nicholls' recent form is something that ive been told to look into but quiet frankly in this race i dont think it matters one bit,The most noticeable recent loser being Kauto Star.
    Anyway Master Minded comes here today as an 8 year old and who has previously won this race back in 2009, beating off opponents that he is running up against again today quiet easily..
    There are a few other that catch the eye and may be the biggest dangers,them being Tchico Polos,who was impressive last time out carrying a heavy weight at sandown.
    Crack away jack has no current form to go by as he hasnt been seen for almost a year but this should not be too far from where i see his ability being.Petit Robin and Somersby have to be given respect just on the basis of their position behind Master Minded LTO.
    The Biggest danger though is Mad Max ,he has gone greater distances before but this could suit depending on how the race is run,if it goes a quick gallop from the off i think he stands a bigger chance..
    Ok so back to why we should back MM,well AP Mccoy takes the ride for his 2nd time,MM has yet to lose with him on his back,most previous run winning by 10 lengths in front of Tidal bay back in late 2008,i have to say that i would prefer N Fehily to be on, as the last ride he gave him was one of the best rides i have ever seen a jockey give as he looked like there was no hope for him 4 out i think it was,he made up some ground that day and can still remember the bookies irrupting as he did so..MM owes me nothing from that day as it won me a wheel barrow of paper,.Five of his Ascot rivals were in the same race that day and since they are all running off the same weight there is nothing to suggest that that can change..He has since drifted out to 8/11 which is not a worry,It would be another big up set to see MM get beaten today,and even bigger than KS losing recently under the same trainer P Nicholls...
    I have him in a treble, with one of them already won so its just MM and Hurricane Fly the day after left..
    if it drifts further then im going to go in with a large single on MM as anything better than 8/11 is value in my eyes.

will wait for morning prices.;)

HAYDOCK
    13:00 NOVICES HURDLE 2m
    2011-01-22 13:00:00
    Win or each way
    Gibb River evens
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Red hot yard,previous selection of mine and can make it a quick treble at a fair-ish price,was hoping for 6/4 but it still looks like a bit of value is to be had.main danger is Sire De Grugy,which was a very impressive winner lto winning as the odds on favorite.step up in class now and its hard to know just how good it is,not better than GR anyway i dont think...

ASCOT
    13:50 MARES' HURDLE (GRADE 2) 3m
    2011-01-22 13:50:00
    Win or each way
    Caroles Legacy 13/8
    1/5 places 1,2,3

40 on double of gibb river and caeoles legacy.

too wrecked to do a write up but might if GR wins.
    nite

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

HAYDOCK
    13:00 NOVICES HURDLE 2m
    2011-01-22 13:00:00
    Win or each way
    Gibb River evens
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Haydock abandoned :mad:
    if it drifts further then im going to go in with a large single on MM as anything better than 8/11 is value in my eyes.
    Did you not back him at 8/13??
    evrytime you go to edit/delete a bet, they will not get there money back.
    Can mods not see deleted/edited posts? Could be interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

mixed up wrote: »

In fairness you can post a bet right up to the off. if you posted all the bets early you don't get a chance to see how the market goes. Supposing you back a horse in a maiden at Punchestown early in the morning and in the afternoon your horse has doubled in price and a Charles Byrnes' horse has shrunk twenty fold. You'd be kicking yourself before the off. Reading the market is a big part of gambling,that's why I'd often leave some bets until the last few minutes before the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

Ah come on now lads.......this is crazy

Been off the boards for a while but have been following Coughlan every day.

Since he started on the horses about 6 months ago, he has funded me purchasing an iphone, a macbook, the gf spending it up on a recent trip to London, and me larging it up with bottles of cider at the weekend in a Celtic Tigeresque manner. I'm up about 3k from him.

As a boards poster, here are my opinions of his log:
    • I don't care if he doesn't post a screenshot (although I rarely follow his NBA postings due to having to sleep at night!):rolleyes:
    • I don't care if he isn't actually staking what he claims, even if he is only betting the minimum 13 cent at the worst possible price going.:rolleyes:
    • I don't care if he constantly backs favourites, or uses websites for his rational:rolleyes:
    • I don't care if he massages his price - although I doubt this, often he tips a horse at 6/4, and I could get 7/4 off Betdaq or Betfair after commission.:rolleyes:
    • I don't care if he boasts, it is his log, if you don't like it then go away and have a sh!t for yourself.:rolleyes:
    Coughlan, two bits of advice:

1) Forgive them, for they know not what they do. The constent merry go round of arguing here is completely representative of a jealous, loss chasing rabble who spend their Friday night posting crap onto your log (I even saw one guy who decided it be a productive use of his Xmas evening and night doing this........sad). Everywhere in life, the common masses will drag you down if you let them. Please stop, it is clogging the log. It is also distracting Coughlan from productive actives such as looking at cards etc. Where else would you get a guy studying for you as you sleep at night to make money for you the next day.........and for free

2) Discipline - steady up when the losing streak kicks in. I found in the past, it I'm up a bit, if the loss kicks in, I start throwing too much hard earned profit back into play.....no doubt you got this under control. Gf and myself both work in financial sector, so I've gotten her involved in my Betfair trading to help me deal with risk and give a second opinion. It be no harm for you to get a mentor to throw a second opinion over your betting patterns etc.

Keep up the good work buddy, ignore the crap, and Mods, go easy on the bans etc as long as he keeps it within his log, because lets face it, he's the most viewed poster at the moment on Boards :D

P.S - To the ignorant masses, I was once like ye, look at my first post ever on Boards, it was directed straight at taking the head of Coughlan......but it is better to work with him than against him

Thanks for some of yer support,wont say any more on that matter..sick of it.

Well me wasting more of my time last night with races being abandoned,but thats the way it goes.

carlos legacy comes 2nd behind pyro,which il gladly take,about time hes gotten off the mark and its only 40 so no chip off my shoulder.
    @ verance,yes backed him at 8/13 in a treble,but i was saying if you read the last line again that i wouold have a large single on him if he drifted more than 8/11..as that would be value,the previous bet a 8/13 was just out of respect for the horse,wouldnt say it was good value..

Really looking forward to the race,great horse. 4/6 can be got,was 4/5 earlier

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the race,great horse. 4/6 can be got,was 4/5 earlier

ya will prob go off ar 8/13,,was in bed earlier catching up on much needed sleep so missed the price,that was prob just good enough to throw him another 100,maybe in a double or something,anyway,best of luck hope you get e/w money,but thats all.;)

Ah mine never got into it at all. Master Minded went 5/1 literally at the line

Well its the big one and all eyes will be on the Victor Chandler Chase at Ascot at 2.25 and especially my selection Master Minded..
    Paul Nicholls' recent form is something that ive been told to look into but quiet frankly in this race i dont think it matters one bit,The most noticeable recent loser being Kauto Star.
    Anyway Master Minded comes here today as an 8 year old and who has previously won this race back in 2009, beating off opponents that he is running up against again today quiet easily..
    There are a few other that catch the eye and may be the biggest dangers,them being Tchico Polos,who was impressive last time out carrying a heavy weight at sandown.
    Crack away jack has no current form to go by as he hasnt been seen for almost a year but this should not be too far from where i see his ability being.Petit Robin and Somersby have to be given respect just on the basis of their position behind Master Minded LTO.
    The Biggest danger though is Mad Max ,he has gone greater distances before but this could suit depending on how the race is run,if it goes a quick gallop from the off i think he stands a bigger chance..
    Ok so back to why we should back MM,well AP Mccoy takes the ride for his 2nd time,MM has yet to lose with him on his back,most previous run winning by 10 lengths in front of Tidal bay back in late 2008,i have to say that i would prefer N Fehily to be on, as the last ride he gave him was one of the best rides i have ever seen a jockey give as he looked like there was no hope for him 4 out i think it was,he made up some ground that day and can still remember the bookies irrupting as he did so..MM owes me nothing from that day as it won me a wheel barrow of paper,.Five of his Ascot rivals were in the same race that day and since they are all running off the same weight there is nothing to suggest that that can change..He has since drifted out to 8/11 which is not a worry,It would be another big up set to see MM get beaten today,and even bigger than KS losing recently under the same trainer P Nicholls...
    I have him in a treble, with one of them already won so its just MM and Hurricane Fly the day after left..

hat taken off to somersby,im pretty sure he was over looked here even though after his last run he shouldnt of been,but master minded does it like any good horse should and grinds out a win,just,had 120 on MM in running at around the 11/10 mark on betfair but we wont get into that..;)
    It comes down to Hurricane Fly now tomo to bring in my treble for a nice return..will do a write up as it seems to be working for me when i do,when i get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

hat taken off to somersby,im pretty sure he was over looked here even though after his last run he shouldnt of been,but master minded does it like any good horse should and grinds out a win,just,had 120 on MM in running at around the 11/10 mark on betfair but we wont get into that..;)
    It comes down to Hurricane Fly now tomo to bring in my treble for a nice return..will do a write up as it seems to be working for me when i do,when i get a chance.

Well in man, nice bet on MM, was way too close for comfort.
    I'm on a treble involving grandouet,hurricane fly and masterminded, can't see hurricane fly lose, but was thinking to cover myself from any surprise result I'll back Solwhit.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

only1stevo wrote: »
    Well in man, nice bet on MM, was way too close for comfort.
    I'm on a treble involving grandouet,hurricane fly and masterminded, can't see hurricane fly lose, but was thinking to cover myself from any surprise result I'll back Solwhit.

Personally I would lay HF to win to absolutely guarantee profit rather than just back the second favorite. Although I do agree that its hard to see past these two horses. But thats just my two cents, I hate to see fellow gamblers loosing out!!

The only way I'd be nervous on HF was if the money came pouring for Solwhit to show that he's in stunning form,but he's on the drift. Fly still has to win thew race,bit really should.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I've no betfair account atm unfortunately, cheers for the advice will just put a cover bet which will break me even should HF lose..

• Advertisement

Hey Bumsex I can guarantee I can pick out a horse you're gonna back today :pac:

NFL Matches
    New York Jets At Pittsburgh Steelers
    2011-01-23 23:30:00
    Total Points in Game
    Under (38.5) @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

NFL Matches
    Total Points in Game
    Under (38.5) @ 10/11

On this myself (not as much as you though) tempted to go in again. Got under 42.5 in play in the last game and should have put more on.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

NFL Matches
    Total Points in Game
    Under (38.5) @ 10/11

Went to do the same bet myself & clicked over 38.5 by mistake,oh well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Went to do the same bet myself & clicked over 38.5 by mistake,oh well :(

Not a bad misclick in the end :)

ASCOT
    2.25 VICTOR CHANDLER CHASE (GRADE 1) 2m
    Win or Each Way
    Master Minded 8/13
    1/5 places 1,2,3

WOLVERHAMPTON
    18:20 MAIDEN AUCTION STAKES 5f 216yds
    2011-01-20 18:20:00
    Win or each way
    Kingscroft 8/15
    1/5 places 1,2,3

LEOPARDSTOWN
    BHP Insurances Irish Champion Hurdle
    2011-01-23 14:45:00
    Win or Each Way
    Hurricane Fly 1/2
    1/4 places 1,2

100 on treble.
    will give reasoning if kingscroft wins.

Wins,HF wins today by 3 1/2 lengths..
    the unders bet loses by 4 points

Balance=€817.5
    Profit=€832.5

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bit of a catch-all post, bear with me

Regard faking and similar suggestions
    i dont want an answer to this question but why would you want a screenshot if you think im able to fake them,defeats the purpose a small bit.
    I imagine that if you post one and it was proven to be faked it proves that you have been lying.

I understand its problem for you if people keep saying these things. But what I don't understand is why you don't post a screeshot. I don't think its feasible to post a screenshot with every in running bet. I think tis silly to expect you too.

But I don't see why you can't post a betting history now? The only reason I can think of is that you haven't been betting the amounts you say, or even at all. I don'y thing the begrudges could say much more if you posted it up. And honestly, it would of prob save you time if you are getting asked 100s of tiems
    I would like you now as i have said to refrain from posting and take it up with a mod,i dont want this in my log,its been here long enough and i think its about time it has stopped..
    you have the power to stop it yourself.

Bestake wrote: »
    • I don't care if he doesn't post a screenshot (although I rarely follow his NBA postings due to having to sleep at night!):rolleyes:
    • I don't care if he isn't actually staking what he claims, even if he is only betting the minimum 13 cent at the worst possible price going.:rolleyes:
    • I don't care if he constantly backs favourites, or uses websites for his rational:rolleyes:
    • I don't care if he massages his price - although I doubt this, often he tips a horse at 6/4, and I could get 7/4 off Betdaq or Betfair after commission.:rolleyes:
    • I don't care if he boasts, it is his log, if you don't like it then go away and have a sh!t for yourself.:rolleyes:
    Hmm, most of what you list isn't an issue.
    • I don't care for a screenshot of in-running either. it's not feasible. A history shot now would shut everybody up.
    • If he isn't staking what he claims it isn't an issue for me either. If he lists a horse befroe the off, and says he has 100 on it, I have no preference if he places it or not (if it was a huge amount i might call bull****, but thats a different issue). But I hate after-timing. it'd pathetic and is agaisnt the forum charter. If it wasn't the place would be an even bigger joke. So for that reason, I'd rather their was proof of bets after the fact. Or else not post them.
    • that's not an issue for an one I imagine, if it is then they are fools
    • If I see a bet listed here at 10/1 and I have placed it at 8/1, I'd be disappointed that I didn't get this best price. So i'd have an issue with it if it turns out bumsex is lying about his prices and 10/1 wasn't available. I think Bumsex can understand this (seeign as he trys to get the best price as he said above)
    • Em, logs are all about boasting :D

Bumsex, at first I didn't take much notice of the claims, i just ignored it and read your selections. But the more you refuse to post a history, and the more you kick up a fuss. the more i think that these guys are on to something.
    A famous shakesphere quote springs to mind;
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks

As I said above, I don't care if you are actually betting the amounts or at all on the picks you list, its the aftertiming and price inflating that would bother me. I think you, as a bettign man, can agree with my reasons why.
    NFL Matches
    Total Points in Game
    Under (38.5) @ 10/11

Anyway to the betting,
    Unlucky there, was close. I was going to punt this but felt it was too much riding on it to be anyway predictable.

not doing this again..:rolleyes:

KEMPTON
    15:50 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y
    2011-01-24 15:50:00
    Win or each way
    Big Bay 9/1
    1/4 places 1,2,3

80 on the place at 5/2

WOLVERHAMPTON
    15:30 HANDICAP (0-55) 1m 141yds
    2011-01-24 15:30:00
    Win or each way
    Tres Froide 6/1
    1/4 places 1,2,3

150 on the place at 13/8

really like this horse,will win soon.;)

WETHERBY
    12:55 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 0f 110y
    2011-01-24 12:55:00
    Win or each way
    Tigre Daron 4/6
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Premier League Matches
    Blackpool v Man Utd
    2011-01-25 19:30:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man Utd 2/5

Premier League Matches
    Bolton v Chelsea
    2011-01-24 20:00:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Chelsea 4/6

150 on treble

WETHERBY
    12:55 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 0f 110y
    2011-01-24 12:55:00
    Win or each way
    Tigre Daron 4/6
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Wins,,,bringing in the first part of the treble,
    backed into 4/9 and wins by a nose..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Wins,,,bringing in the first part of the treble,
    backed into 4/9 and wins by a nose..:)

Ya was very close! could still be backed at 2/5 after the finish before the announcement. I'm on the treble too and your other two selections in the place market!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement