Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target for Feb 14th

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Those over/unders are proving a real money spinner for you. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

x PyRo wrote: »
    Those over/unders are proving a real money spinner for you. Keep up the good work.

this. really nice way of making money tbh, wait for the lines to go huge or drop, get on then and there's good money to be made!! been copying you myself on some games and has proved to be profitable so far, hopefully not just beginners luck :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

Bumsex wrote: »
    line has fallen to over 192.5 in the above bet,,,bet now taken,it should by right go overs..
    stake 275..

NBA Matches
    New York Knicks At Portland Trail Blazers
    2011-01-12 03:05:00
    Match betting
    Portland Trail Blazers

300 @ 5/6 betfair price

Despite a mediocre 20-18 overall record on the season, the Trail Blazers are 12-4 at home this year and I look for them to pick up another victory over Mike D'Antoni and the Knicks tonight.
    They'll be up against a Knicks team that is giving up 106.2 PPG on the road this year. Coming off a tough overtime loss to the Miami Heat in which they blew a late lead, the Blazers will be hungry for a win tonight. Plus, Portland has won 7 of their last 8 meetings with New York so this is a great team for them to be facing in bounce-back mode.

New York has lost 4 of their last 5 road games, including an 87-109 setback in Los Angeles two nights ago. The Blazers are 17-5 ATS in home games after a game where they made 85% of their free throws or better over the last 3 seasons. New York has been solid against losing teams, but they are terrible against winning teams. The Knicks are 1-9 ATS when playing against a marginal winning team over the last 2 seasons. The Blazers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5. Portland is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 following an ATS loss, and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 following a SU loss.
    No bet yet,will wait for in play as usual.

bet taken

currently 18-13 to knicks. bet365 are still going -2.5 at 10/11,
    so taking the bet with betfair,great value at marginal odds of 5/6 for the straight win...

followed you on that one. got 6/5 straight win on bet365 fingers crossed

blazers trail by 6 at h/t..
    they were down 12 at one stage,they were available at 13/8 for the win straight out at that stage,i only got 1.84..:o

they are available at 7/5 on bet365 currently and this is still a very good bet,
    and il tell ya why,knicks have shot 56% and blazers 36% and yet they are only 6 up,if blazers can start to make those jumps and keep getting those free throws then they should win straight out.
    well heres hoping anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Just went for LA Lakers -2 2nd half handicap. Not sure if its a good bet as I don't know much about the B ball. Anyway just for interest. They are thumping Cavaliers 57-25 but on PP it says 37-25. Seemed good so i took it. Mon Lakers

CriticEyes wrote: »
    I know you are waiting for live betting on the Trail Blazers match but as i said earlier PP are muck for live betting so do you think Trail Blazers -4 is a good bet or to leave it?

Not looking good at the mo. down by 9 at the end of the 3rd, Need a very good 4th qtr by Trail Blazers.

Just went for LA Lakers -2 2nd half handicap. Not sure if its a good bet as I don't know much about the B ball. Anyway just for interest. They are thumping Cavaliers 57-25 but on PP it says 37-25. Seemed good so i took it. Mon Lakers

just seen that now..

im going for under 95.5 points in the second half in the lakers game at
    5/6.looks like great value, i dont know what pp are thinking considering there was only 82 points in the first half..:confused:
    il be surprised if this doesnt come in tbh..
    another 300.

not sure if they made a mistake as it was 57-24 lakers but PP had it as 37-24 lakers :confused::eek:. Might get my money back from the Blazers game. 27-8 up so far in the 2nd half. Good luck. Mon LAKERS!! :D

not sure if they made a mistake as it was 57-24 lakers but PP had it as 37-24 lakers :confused::eek:. Might get my money back from the Blazers game. 27-8 up so far in the 2nd half. Good luck. Mon LAKERS!! :D

well considering bet365 were going -15.5 for the second half i wouldnt be surprised...:o

blazers bet is a loser.:o..they were fairly poor,were up 1 at 1 stage in the 3rd but that was about the best.

• Advertisement

Gonna make sure I have this bet right........................Ok i have LA Lakers 2nd half -2 @ 5/6. Looks good. They won the 3rd qtr 35-16

Bumsex wrote:
    blazers bet is a loser.:o..they were fairly poor,were up 1 at 1 stage in the 3rd but that was about the best.

Never showed up. They were beaten in 3 of the 4qtrs and drew the other one. Ah well. Need Lakers to cover my handicap to get my money back with a small profit.

Easy money in the end I have to thank Paddy Power for the mistake. They won the 2nd half 55-32. Thumped them 112-57 overall.:D

just seen that now..

im going for under 95.5 points in the second half in the lakers game at
    5/6.looks like great value, i dont know what pp are thinking considering there was only 82 points in the first half..:confused:
    il be surprised if this doesnt come in tbh..
    another 300.

This wins easily enough.:p
    total points in the second half was 87,so had 8 points spare..:)

i really dont no what pp were thinking here,they got it completely wrong anyway,after watching the first half on and off i was expecting the spread to be 5-6 points lower than that anyway,ere im not complaining though,they obviously had there reasons..

2/3 bets came in tonight,so profit was made from the basketball again.:D
    disappointed with my prediction of the blazers game,they were very poor.

On a side note,ive learned that i get the over/under market correct nearly all the time,its the win market which is letting me down lately.
    so for the next couple of bets,i will only be betting on the over/under market,to try and maximize the profit..

Off to look over the cards now,has to be done i suppose..:p

DONCASTER
    15:25 HANDICAP CHASE 3m
    2011-01-12 15:25:00
    Win or each way
    Palos Conti 13/8
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Palos Conti won easily beating the competition back over fences at Wetherby in October.Hes at a career-high mark but despite that i think he can take this one and complete a 4 in a row win.Due to the ground he hasnt featured for a while but to me thats only a positive as his trainer T.J Pitt has saved him for these Good to Firm in places which will obviously suit.D.Costello is booked,where he has already won on conti twice before.Big bet for me..

The other horse that i fancy for doncaster is Wild Desert ,ive backed before but i just dont think there is value at 11/2.

LINGFIELD
    12:40 SELLING STAKES 6f
    2011-01-12 12:40:00
    Win or each way
    Fifth In Line 11/10
    1/5 places 1,2,3

DOUBLE

Fifth in line comes into this race with out a win after 6 starts despite placing in all 6..
    It has yet to run at lingfield which may play to her advantage,fifth in line has come 2nd in each of her 3 runs at the 6f distance where as in her 7f/5f runs shes run 2 3rds and a 2nd which suggests that she is favored at the 6f distance.Fifth in line was 1½ lengths third to Slatey Hen in Wolverhampton claimer last time,which is impressive enough.
    Can only improve from that and it is suggested that this is her weakest competition to date and can get off the mark today..
    Fergus Sweeney which i happen to love is taking the ride,and is racing off of 8-7,5lbs lighter than his main competition Honkers Bonkers.
    Looks sure to be thereabouts once again.

LINGFIELD
    13:50 MAIDEN AUCTION STAKES 5f
    2011-01-12 13:50:00
    Win or each way
    Mandys Hero 8/11
    1/4 places 1,2

DOUBLE

Here we have a classy looking type who ran on with Quality art (the odds on fav) LTO at kempton at 5f also,which was very impressive,he was second that day,and now with nothing of quality arts potential here,there is no reason why it cant go 1 better.Has a great turn of foot and speed for 5f and should win.The booking is spencer which is a slight worry as he tends to make bad decisions at times which costs races.

Double=150

LINGFIELD
    14:25 HANDICAP (0-75) 5f
    2011-01-12 14:25:00
    Win or each way
    Efistorm 11/1
    1/5 places 1,2,3

25e/w

Another horse that i like and have backed before,up against still competition here today especially the very short priced favourite.but is now off a very favourable mark and can get back to placing at least.hayley rides,she is a very capable jockey and will get the best out of her.

i would of also backed Elhamri in the 3.00 race but with the widest stall it will not help its contentions,if it wins though i will be gutted,as its one ive backed before..

KEMPTON
    16:15 HANDICAP 5f
    2011-01-12 16:15:00
    Win or each way
    Bluebok 16/1
    1/4 places 1,2,3

25e/w

One of my previous selections before where he was unlucky in running.
    Impossible to make claims for any of these but blubok looks great value since it placed in 3 of its last 6 races at 5f,disregarding its last 2 poor efforts it stands a chance here and cannot be discounted especially at 16s.

KEMPTON
    17:15 HANDICAP 5f
    2011-01-12 17:15:00
    Win or each way
    Absa Lutte 11/2
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Read pyros reasoning here and have decided il go with him on this one,main worry for me is Soopacal and stratton banker.for more reasoning go to pyros log..

Custard Cream Kid is another one that i fancy along with kidlat but have too much staked all ready for tomo..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Fair play on the double there Bumsex. Huge return if Palos Conti comes in you'll have some return for the day.

LINGFIELD
    12:40 SELLING STAKES 6f
    2011-01-12 12:40:00
    Win or each way
    Fifth In Line 11/10
    1/5 places 1,2,3

DOUBLE

Fifth in line comes into this race with out a win after 6 starts despite placing in all 6..
    It has yet to run at lingfield which may play to her advantage,fifth in line has come 2nd in each of her 3 runs at the 6f distance where as in her 7f/5f runs shes run 2 3rds and a 2nd which suggests that she is favored at the 6f distance.Fifth in line was 1½ lengths third to Slatey Hen in Wolverhampton claimer last time,which is impressive enough.
    Can only improve from that and it is suggested that this is her weakest competition to date and can get off the mark today..
    Fergus Sweeney which i happen to love is taking the ride,and is racing off of 8-7,5lbs lighter than his main competition Honkers Bonkers.
    Looks sure to be thereabouts once again.

LINGFIELD
    13:50 MAIDEN AUCTION STAKES 5f
    2011-01-12 13:50:00
    Win or each way
    Mandys Hero 8/11
    1/4 places 1,2

DOUBLE

Here we have a classy looking type who ran on with Quality art (the odds on fav) LTO at kempton at 5f also,which was very impressive,he was second that day,and now with nothing of quality arts potential here,there is no reason why it cant go 1 better.Has a great turn of foot and speed for 5f and should win.The booking is spencer which is a slight worry as he tends to make bad decisions at times which costs races.

Double=150

fifth in line wins by a length and a half after being backed into 10/11.

mandys hero wins by 2 lengths after being backed into 8/15.

DOUBLE comes in...:D
    thats just lovely now especially when you've spent that extra bit of time to write up reasoning..
    double paid at over 5/2 which returned 544.09...:)
    get in...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Well done on the double bumsex fairplay after an unlucky start to this thread you have really turned it around and are flying it now.I seen you wrote up the horses early in the morning do you back them all on betfair or wait for the morning price?

Well done on the double bumsex fairplay after an unlucky start to this thread you have really turned it around and are flying it now.I seen you wrote up the horses early in the morning do you back them all on betfair or wait for the morning price?

Thanks.:)
    yes i wrote up the horses this morning,and since i didnt go to sleep i just took the prices at around 9.
    in general its between pp,bet365 and betfair for prices.

The other horse that i fancy for doncaster is Wild Desert ,ive backed before but i just dont think there is value at 11/2.

well féck that anyway,thats hard to take especially when ive backed it before,
    thats 275 that i could of had from that now as i was planning on putting my usual stake at those odds on,that being 50....
    thats really annoying especially when it wins so easily by 4 and a half lengths..:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Palos Conti ran a stinker!

DONCASTER
    15:25 HANDICAP CHASE 3m
    2011-01-12 15:25:00
    Win or each way
    Palos Conti 13/8
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Palos Conti won easily beating the competition back over fences at Wetherby in October.Hes at a career-high mark but despite that i think he can take this one and complete a 4 in a row win.Due to the ground he hasnt featured for a while but to me thats only a positive as his trainer T.J Pitt has saved him for these Good to Firm in places which will obviously suit.D.Costello is booked,where he has already won on conti twice before.Big bet for me..

poor effort.,dont no what was wrong with here as she had plenty of time off,she wasnt feeling well as she is nowhere near that far off the pace,i duno really tbh.maybe she wasnt sent out to win.must watch that again.
    still in profit for the day because of that double so i suppose things arent all bad..

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Palos Conti ran a stinker!

Thanks....:rolleyes:

KEMPTON
    16:15 HANDICAP 5f
    2011-01-12 16:15:00
    Win or each way
    Bluebok 16/1
    1/4 places 1,2,3

25e/w

One of my previous selections before where he was unlucky in running.
    Impossible to make claims for any of these but blubok looks great value since it placed in 3 of its last 6 races at 5f,disregarding its last 2 poor efforts it stands a chance here and cannot be discounted especially at 16s.

2ND.....fa feck sake..:(

backed into 10/1 and came second to the favourite..:o

only lost by half a length,,that would of been the jackpot right there..
    have to settle with place money
    thats annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

thanks Bumsex,

backed the double.

backed Kidlat too @ 7/4 won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Fantastic research and fantastic wins lol well done lad, unreal

got on your double :) also was on palos conti but with a smaller stake :) happy days :D

KEMPTON
    17:15 HANDICAP 5f
    2011-01-12 17:15:00
    Win or each way
    Absa Lutte 11/2
    1/5 places 1,2,3

Read pyros reasoning here and have decided il go with him on this one,main worry for me is Soopacal and stratton banker.for more reasoning go to pyros log..

Custard Cream Kid is another one that i fancy along with kidlat but have too much staked all ready for tomo..

3rd,,not good enough,the danger stratton banker wins easily enough.

the other fancy which i though had a chance was kidlat,who won easily by 3 lenghts..:o

custard cream kid has still to run and so far is being backed into 10/1 from 12s/

But Beautiful
    at 6/5 and also Talenti at 11/4(dont rate the fav,no value) have big chance too of picking up a win but dont want to be staking anymore.
    it would pay a nice double..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Great goin lad, have to go against you in the next though, think camps bay is decent value at evens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

consistently great!

How have paddy not capped you yet!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement