Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't McDonalds/BurgerKing/KFC deliver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

If they would, they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

ArseBurger wrote: »
    If they would, they would.
    qua?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

why wouldn't they be able to do it, some do it in america I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Dogs sh1te in your garden for free, why would you want it delivered?

Poly wrote: »
    Dogs sh1te in your garden for free, why would you want it delivered?

McDonalds fries are the nicest food known to man, fcukin fact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

They would make a fortune if they did.

Yeah, coz they aren't making a fortune already or anything!

they would make a bigger fortune, sales would go up at least 20%

No.

They would make a fortune if they did.

You that lazy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Here in Taipei they do, Maybe something to do with extra wages/insurance/vehicular costs?

I would be sure they would deliver if it was such a goldmine!

• Advertisement

OisinT wrote: »
    No.

you're clearly not a foodie

they would make a bigger fortune, sales would go up at least 20%

20% you say? and how have you come to this number?

Or am I really asking this question?

Mak_United wrote: »
    You that lazy?

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Because if you didn't get off your ass to actually go there you'd end up like the Supersize Me guy even quicker?

I spit on my monitor from laughing at this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I think people are saying the same about you right now.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    20% you say? and how have you come to this number?

Or am I really asking this question?

I plucked it out of my arse, how do you think

If you had McDonalds delivered to your gaff you'll be plucking stuff from your arse all day tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

blackdog2 wrote: »
    Here in Taipei they do, Maybe something to do with extra wages/insurance/vehicular costs?

I would be sure they would deliver if it was such a goldmine!

Same in China

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Same in China

Of course in China! Chinese food is ALWAYS delivered! sure I got a Chinese myself tonight!

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Because if you didn't get off your ass to actually go there you'd end up like the Supersize Me guy even quicker?

I live too far away to walk, if I did walk I would end up in a calorie deficit from doing so and actually lose weight. You wouldn't want me to become an anorexic now would ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Why don't McDonalds/BurgerKing/KFC do liver?.

Most people go for either the chicken or the beef, I don't think there would be much demand for the liver :p:p:p.

Are you american?

I live too far away to walk, if I did walk I would end up in a calorie deficit from doing so and actually lose weight. You wouldn't want me to become an anorexic now would ya.
    Jesus, how far away do you live? There's 1350 calories in a Big Mac meal.

Jesus, how far away do you live? There's 1350 calories in a Big Mac meal.

I live about 2 mile away, and I only have large fries and chicken nuggets. I don't like all the sh1t they put on burgers like ketchup and mayo and garlic and onions.

I live about 2 mile away, and I only have large fries and chicken nuggets. I don't like all the sh1t they put on burgers like ketchup and mayo and garlic and onions.
    I love their its almost chicken nuggets too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Same in China

And in Korea. You might have to move to Asia if you want your McD's delivered.

Supermacs delivers and their chips are much better than McDonalds. Though nothing beats McDonagh's chips or Homeplate's chips in Galway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I can think of two main reasons why they don't do a delivery service...

One, they are making more than enough money and hence profit from their current operations. They don't need to deliver thier food, so they don't.

Two, if you've ever got a take away, especially from MaccyDs, and had to reheat it it's bloody awful. Fast food just doesn't keep the same way a Chinese, Indian or even a Pizza will. Hence burger based fast food isn't really suited to a delivery service.

Mind you I wouldn't have said no to a whopper delivered to my door last night!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 anorange

Yeah, in Korea McDonalds, and I think, my local KFC deliver too. But surely there's a better chipper in your area that'll deliver some big fat greasy chips to ya anyway. Why bother with Mcdonalds/Burger King/KFC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Two, if you've ever got a take away, especially from MaccyDs, and had to reheat it it's bloody awful. Fast food just doesn't keep the same way a Chinese, Indian or even a Pizza will. Hence burger based fast food isn't really suited to a delivery service.

That's pretty much it...though I have to wonder, considering the super heat proof boxes that pizzas get delivered in these days, how come McDonalds don#t consider this?

That's pretty much it...though I have to wonder, considering the super heat proof boxes that pizzas get delivered in these days, how come McDonalds don#t consider this?
    McDonalds uses bags?

McDonalds uses bags?

I mean the special heat proof bags that pizza deliverers use.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Supermacs delivers and their chips are much better than McDonalds. Though nothing beats McDonagh's chips or Homeplate's chips in Galway.
    only a culchie would say that! some mc donalds and burger king deliver in the states, but i couldnt see myself ordering from them if they did over here their food go's cold really quick so it sitting in a car for 10 to 15 mins wouldn't be doing it any favours!

joe stodge wrote: »
    only a culchie would say that! some mc donalds and burger king deliver in the states, but i couldnt see myself ordering from them if they did over here their food go's cold really quick so it sitting in a car for 10 to 15 mins wouldn't be doing it any favours!

Hahaha...'To Hell Or Supermacs!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The food doesn't keep at all. The size of the fries makes them go cold rapidly.

The important question in this thread is why is the OP asking about a fast food delivery at 6 in the morning?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

McDonalds and Subway in India deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

thats how the fries are made...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

On another note Eddie Rockets started a delivery service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

dory wrote: »
    McDonalds and Subway in India deliver.

Some of the Subways in Ireland deliver too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

I really don't get how people can eat any of that crap..

Chips are made from flour and water, very little potato....only around 30-40% beef in the burgers, the rest being minced up cartiledge, muscle, testicles with flavour enhancers..

No wonder we are a nation of overweight, ugly, lazy fuc.kers...

If you are gonna spend 10e or so on a meal may I suggest..

http://www.green19.ie/menu.html

Best value restaurant in the country..

Although Fast Food junkies probably won't even know what most of this food even is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

I agree, always best to go with the healthy option....those burgers & onions will kill ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

ebixa82 wrote: »

Enough with the food snobbery! Anyone eating McDs on a regular basis probably needs to have a check-up, buit there is nothing wrong with indulging once in a while. There something incredibly satisfying about a Big Mac and fries.

I mean, usually I wont let anything other than a 1978 Chateau <insert fancy frenchname here> pass my lips, but occasionally i like to knock back a flaming sambuca, preferably off the nipples of a 50 dollar hooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cos there are not enough Honda 50s in the country to sustain such a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

They do in Thailand too....and I've been to several other countries where they do too...possibly Turkey but I'm not sure.

Anyway why would you bother, I don't think they could compete with the take aways here to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Their chips get cold on the walk from the counter to your booth in one of their restaraunts, they'd be ice cold after a car journey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

drkpower wrote: »
    Enough with the food snobbery! Anyone eating McDs on a regular basis probably needs to have a check-up, buit there is nothing wrong with indulging once in a while. There something incredibly satisfying about a Big Mac and fries.

I mean, usually I wont let anything other than a 1978 Chateau <insert fancy frenchname here> pass my lips, but occasionally i like to knock back a flaming sambuca, preferably off the nipples of a 50 dollar hooker.

With all the chemicals and flavour enhancers in fast food the "incredibly satisfying" feeling probably comes from these.

It might feel great munching into a super size meal but how great or satisfied do you feel half an hour after eating? Usually you feel pretty crap.

Same as taking any drug...fun at the time but feel a bit sh.it after...imho

Chips are made from flour and water, very little potato....only around 30-40% beef in the burgers, the rest being minced up cartiledge, muscle, testicles with flavour enhancers..

No wonder we are a nation of overweight, ugly, lazy fuc.kers...

If you are gonna spend 10e or so on a meal may I suggest..

http://www.green19.ie/menu.html

Best value restaurant in the country..

Although Fast Food junkies probably won't even know what most of this food even is.

Really?
    In America perhaps.
    But according to McDonalds Ireland, they use 100% potato in their chips, and 100% beef in their burgers - no additives or fillers.

Do green19 deliver?

With all the chemicals and flavour enhancers in fast food the "incredibly satisfying" feeling probably comes from these.

It might feel great munching into a super size meal but how great or satisfied do you feel half an hour after eating? Usually you feel pretty crap.

Same as taking any drug...fun at the time but feel a bit sh.it after...imho

Which flavour enhancers specifically do McDonalds use?
    I can't find any reference to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement