Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salt

Options
  • 05-01-2011 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a few bags of salt for a neighbour in the city please

Thanks all
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

noel123ie wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a few bags of salt for a neighbour in the city please

Thanks all
    Noel

Our local Topaz (outside of Cork city) is selling them, have you tried your local petrol station. I also know Lidl had them just before Christmas, so you could try your local one and see if they're getting more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Thanks for reply which topaz is that and do you know how much they were charging

Thanks
    noel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

noel123ie wrote: »
    Thanks for reply which topaz is that and do you know how much they were charging

Thanks
    noel

No problem Noel, like I said above it's outside of Cork City, it's actually in Macroom, I know that won't suit you though! They were charging €8 for a 10 KG bag, Lidl were much cheaper though from what my neighbours were telling me.

I reckon most hardware and garden centres would have started to stock them too though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'm confused - you had a similar thread in November which looked for the same info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Irish Internatioal Trading on the Tramore Rd are the main importers for bagged and bulk salt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement