Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Developing Website

Options
  • 05-01-2011 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,

i have been working on an idea for a while now. a national service that would be provided via a website that would be simple yet have great functionality. this venture needs the knowledge of the area it will operate that i have but i feel it will need an 'involved' technical mind. as this will be a website for the public, and could have great potential, as all ideas do!! but i can't do both parts. i have a good working knowledge of the technical end of things but this would not be enough, and the site would ultimately suffer. i have a clear idea of the structure of the site and the functionality thats is needed, but i feel there would have to be someone for the site alone and someone who would be involved would be best as they would work as hard as i would to improve and succeed.
    is this the right forum to start with?
    have you any advice for me even if this doesn't suit you?

any and all advice is much appreciated as i see you brains are picked all too regularly here, and sometimes lazily! i hope you don;t think this falls into that category!

thanks in advance of any advice you give,

regards,

Edd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Are you looking for a volunteer or is this a commercial venture?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

hi Phil,
    this will be a commercial venture for sure, but its someone to get involved that i need, on a shared basis, as this would be too big for me alone. to my mind this has its best chance as a joint venture, at least if it can then be brought to the point of looking for investors or funding, there would be expertise for both the business and the technical end.

thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Well there's an Entrepreneurial forum where you could try.

You could post this to the Situations Vacant sticky on this forum if you're offering a salary where such things live. However if it's work for equity it's not allowed on the programming forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement