Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out of college

Options
  • 05-01-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Well, i'll get straight into it, I don't want to go to my college anymore, i'm in a 2 year level 6 Elec engineering course in IT Tallaght, but it's just too much travel for me(few hours a day and atleast €35 a week). I'm planning on dropping out.

I just need too know is there any extra fee's for dropping out or reapplying for a differant college next year? Or is it just the same as if you were never in college? I'm planning on going to DIT or a level 7 elec engineering course next september instead. I got into the IT tallaght course on the 2nd CAO round aswell, a few days after I put it down as a course I wanted. I heard it's dearer if you drop out though...

Thanks for answer in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

loads of info on another thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64888770

Not 100% sure but since you enrolled in a 2 year course then you may only be entitled to 2 years "free" fees meaning you might have to payout full fees for each year of new electrical engineering course which are usually around 6k per year.

Advertisement