Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Accent?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Ever since I was inter railing I stayed in a hotel with one 4 bed room used like a hostel. It was owned by a young french couple, and the wife was stunning. Petite, long dark hair and smooth, sallow skin. I woke up after the first night there a little hungover and she was sweeping the room in a white short summery dress and as I stirred she just smiled at me and said "bonjour" very softly.

Luckily I was lying on my front, but ever since then it's that accent. Mmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Met some people from Zimbabwe before and they sounded like this - hilarious, love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A well spoken Dub - not D4 marbles, mind - is really sexy. :)
    Yeah how they say ''foine '' (fine ) also some from Clontarf ,loike spread the nice varied Dublin accents around the southciders and the northciders ;)
    Lorrs33 wrote: »
    I love the Welsh accent :D

'' iechyd da" , pronounced as Yaki Dar ,meaning cheers /good health :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Love a French female accent....so hot. Also the Southern English accent in a girl, Kent in particular.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I generally dislike the Limerick accent but I met this girl the other night and she had an accent similar to Dolores O'Riordan and it was sexy as hell!
    Definitely not the Aussie accent - it's way to whingy.
    when you say you dont like the "Limerick accent" to which accent do you refer? The upper class Ennis Road one? the middle class Dooradoyle/Castletroy one? Or maybe the working class Moyross/Thomondgate one? Like any city, it has more than just one accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

grenache wrote: »
    when you say you dont like the "Limerick accent" to which accent do you refer? The upper class Ennis Road one? the middle class Dooradoyle/Castletroy one? Or maybe the working class Moyross/Thomondgate one? Like any city, it has more than just one accent.

eh, I'm not sure, which one does Dolores most sound like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Scottish accent does it for me,just like the lovely Sharleen Spiteri.:)

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    eh, I'm not sure, which one does Dolores most sound like?
    Hers would have been more working class at the start but its changed a lot of the years as she lived in different places. Its still mainly working class though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Some Eastern european girls i know sound nice as well but it varies.

Wouldnt agree, I think eastern european girls trying to speak english sounds awfull! Especially the hosties on Ryanair mumbling on the PA system, can barley hear a word they are trying to say. Cant understand how there can be so little Irish hosties working for mick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Wouldnt agree, I think eastern european girls trying to speak english sounds awfull! Especially the hosties on Ryanair mumbling on the PA system, can barley hear a word they are trying to say. Cant understand how there can be so little Irish hosties working for mick.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Ever since I was inter railing I stayed in a hotel with one 4 bed room used like a hostel. It was owned by a young french couple, and the wife was stunning. Petite, long dark hair and smooth, sallow skin. I woke up after the first night there a little hungover and she was sweeping the room in a white short summery dress and as I stirred she just smiled at me and said "bonjour" very softly.

Luckily I was lying on my front, but ever since then it's that accent. Mmmmm.

Still the majority french are arrogant, unfriendly and unhelpful !

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Battleneter

Some Kiwi vs Aussie accents well kinda, if you have 6 minutes to spare:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buoztHLk9JQ&feature=player_detailpage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Hearing a girl from Belfast say "Ach, you're a wee darlin'" or "A wee pet" is like music to my ears
    I know man, I purr like a kitten when nordie girls say things like that. Nordie, latino and jamaican do it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Nicest ever accent I've ever heard is from a girl from Armagh living in Edinburgh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Have you learnt any Eastern European language??

Nawwwww...didnt think so!

• Advertisement

chucken1 wrote: »
    Have you learnt any Eastern European language??

Nawwwww...didnt think so!

Firstly how can you declare if I dont speak Polish ?? how in the blue would you know ??? I bet you I speak more langauges than you do , and in relation to the vague hosties on Ryanair , not only is it unprofessional and annoying its unsafe ! Imagine a fatal emergency where you still cant hear what they are saying. But of course thats something you dont care about.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Scottish or Donegal man ..... yum:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Woman with a pterodactyl accent.

Still the majority french are arrogant, unfriendly and unhelpful !

I did find that to be the way in Paris, but in the south of France I found almost everyone to be very nice, open and friendly people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I was in Formby in Liverpeeeewl changing some money into Sterling one time. This bombshell behind the counter with boobs like two blancmanges in a gale asked me if I'd 'been on 'oliday'. I said no that I was going back to Ireland after working in Europe for a year.

She said, in the sexiest scouse accent: "I get off at four"

I had to go and spend some time alone. I LOVE that accent on a molly.

• Advertisement

I did find that to be the way in Paris, but in the south of France I found almost everyone to be very nice, open and friendly people.

And do you speak french?

And do you speak french?

No...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Liverpool, Newcastle, Monaghan or Donegal. unreal on birds...

BTW Limerick has at least 4/5 accents.
    Northside knackers(the girls kinda sing a bit),
    Southside Knackers(flat dirty awful accent),
    Castletroy - normal accent sometimes a little americanized on younger people.
    "Normal" Limerick accent - Normal Cork accent without the singing, can become a little flat for certain words!
    Dooradoyle/Raheen is like a mix between the normal limerick accent and castletroy.

Could've missed some...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I like the yorkshire accent myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mummytotwo

northern or scottish just make me melt..... Although the Dublin accent (depends what part) is nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

The girl who answers when you phone Perlico
    Where is this accent from?

No...:confused:

ah well then they must be generally friendly, cant beat the Spanish though for friendliness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

On women, I absolutely ADORE the German accent. It's just really sexy to me.

On men, I think the mild Caribbean accent is really cool, like the cricket commentator on Sky Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

South African. Mmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

woolyhat wrote: »
    The girl who answers when you phone Perlico
    Where is this accent from?

Anyone know?
    Someone I know from Limerick speaks in this accent but as I dont know her for very long not sure if it is a posh Limerick accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Joanna Lumley.....

(or similar...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

current squeeze has a lovely soft Auckland accent, never thought I'd say it but that's my favourite right now. God I'm a soft touch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

There's very few that I dislike, tbh.
    My favourites are Scottish, Spanish and Welsh, though.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

SA, its like an aussie with class

Advertisement