Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hygiene levels

• 05-01-2011 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

is this concept another victim of the recession as well? Ill explain.
    i work for a very large company in dublin who employs a wide section of society
    from different backgrounds, city/country people as well as
    foreign nationals etc.

i am shocked at the continued levels of bad hygiene levels in
    our bathrooms etc, you know what i mean , unflushed
    loos, toilets not being cleaned and left in the right manner
    after usage etc. the problem is happening the whole time.

what about our eu counterparts, are they 'leaders' in this
    area in terms of showing respect for other toilet users.

i make a conscious effort to respect the bathroom facilities
    before and after use and i expect others to do the same. i have
    yet to sample to facilties for the ladies but would the same
    problem be evident.

i was thinking, maybe people just don't give a **** (pardon the
    pun btw) or are disatisfied with their job or their lives in general
    however i dread to think of how these people treat their bathroom
    facilities at home. so does anyone know why in this country do
    we feel it is ok to treat the bathroom facilities (workplace in particular)
    so shockingly !!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i agree. it's the same in my job but i think people have a lack of respect BECAUSE it is not their own home. it pisses me off.

This is definitely a new thing alright. Hasn't been around for years, and years, and years...

Don't understand it though, all the same. It's the lack of cameras, I believe. People feel they can do as they please and not face any consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Have to agree with you there, worked in a large multinational in Dublin for a time and you'd swear animals had been in to use the toilets. But the worst I have ever seen was in the Quinn School in UCD, it was a brand new building at the time and students must have just opened the cubicle doors and free-styled.

Some people behave like animals, nothing to do with how wealthy or poor they are or where they're from, they just don't give a damn if it's not their own place.

You'll always come across those toilet conditions in public places.

Its just something everyone will have to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Good post - it's down to ignorance - pure and simple

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

you cant beat a bit of the aul jacks etiquette debate at this hour of the morning.

almost as satisying as the morning dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm waiting for flutt to tell us about the toilets of some multi-international he visited and was "cutting rope".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

TheZohan wrote: »
    Have to agree with you there, worked in a large multinational in Dublin for a time and you'd swear animals had been in to use the toilets. But the worst I have ever seen was in the Quinn School in UCD, it was a brand new building at the time and students must have just opened the cubicle doors and free-styled.

Some people behave like animals, nothing to do with how wealthy or poor they are or where they're from, they just don't give a damn if it's not their own place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It must be a sign of the times. Back in the 80s and 90s I worked for a number of very large multi-national companies in London and also temped for several years in hundreds of offices and in all my working years I never once had to back out of a cubicle trying not to heave the way I do in shopping centres around this country in recent years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Similar thing in the office here... 2 out of the 3 cubilces are usuable. There's always 1 that's clogged up with shíte or just in a dire condition...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I'm a girl, the toilets in my job are always grand, maybe it's just guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Ours get cleaned like 4 times a day - although in fairness with the way people be in them, theyd need to be

Its the only place ive ever been that your always likely to have a girl come into you while your in the loo.

Sounds erotic - in actual fact its not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Commonsense

Its not just the use of company facilities, its also the smell off some people. You think they could fall into a bath now and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭veryangryman

People who eat sandwiches at their desk. Yuk.

Complete mood kill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

curlzy wrote: »

Girls are worse. Fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

TheZohan wrote: »

Absolutely !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Ours are cleaned twice a day and still look awful.

There's children even sticking there snots to the walls
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Lol work toilets are mank!

Where I work, we used to have a cleaner come in once a day and do a a really back job, that was until around september, havent seen a cleaner in there since, cut backs and toilets blocked and urinals always over flowing! Why do fellas pee in urinals that are over flowing?

Why do fellas pee in urinals that are over flowing?

I'd imagine it's the element of danger in seeing if they can fit in their píss without it overflowing...

Like Jenga but with urine

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

Yeah i never had a problem with toilets in the workplace so im thinking its just guys also.
    Secondary school however......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I thought at first you wrote a poem about hygiene.
    Like some NHS esque awareness campaign thing...

But yeah, I think because its not their own toilet, people feel its ok to piss on the toilet seat + floor + everywhere they can think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I have worked as a cleaner, and as a night manager in a hotel. Wimmin are durt birds....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How many girls work there ?

been lots of threads on toilets in pubs / nightclubs and almost invariably if a member of staff has posted it's been to say that the 'ladies' were worse at the end of the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

very few people wash their hands after pissing, in my experience, which sucks because they then maul the door handle on their way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well I'm in the army, and cleanliness and hygiene are a major issue here. If your a muck bird you'd have the error of your ways changed PDQ.

But I worked in bar's & clubs for years, and as bad as a lads loo (and mostly lads toilets don't get that bad in a bar/club) but for the love of sweet baby Jesus and all the saints in heaven I've never seen anything like a ladies loo for filth at the end of an evening.

Other than that, I hate people who don't wash their hands after using the loo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's the element of danger in seeing if they can fit in their píss without it overflowing...

Lol I'm a fella and I dont do that, THE SMELL!!!!!
    phill106 wrote: »
    I have worked as a cleaner, and as a night manager in a hotel. Wimmin are durt birds....

Thats all i have heard from friends who have worked as cleaner's and when i have had to use the unisex loo's wimmins cubicles = mank,
    RichieC wrote: »
    very few people wash their hands after pissing, in my experience, which sucks because they then maul the door handle on their way out.

Always try to have someone open the door for you when entering/leaving a toilet place then you never have to touch the handles.

Well I'm in the army, and cleanliness and hygiene are a major issue here. If your a muck bird you'd have the error of your ways changed PDQ.

But I worked in bar's & clubs for years, and as bad as a lads loo (and mostly lads toilets don't get that bad in a bar/club) but for the love of sweet baby Jesus and all the saints in heaven I've never seen anything like a ladies loo for filth at the end of an evening.

Other than that, I hate people who don't wash their hands after using the loo..

Exactly. In all the pubs/clubs I've worked in, the men's may be bad but the women's always look like the shit, piss, puke and blood exploded out of them. They are worse for blocking toilets and sinks and less likely to wash their hands too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

People who eat sandwiches at their desk. Yuk.

Complete mood kill

spot the odd post out.

PaulieC wrote: »

Lol I'm a fella and I dont do that, THE SMELL!!!!!

Neither do I!

I was trying to guess as to why people do it...idiocy & ignorance would be my serious arguments :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'm waiting for flutt to tell us about the toilets of some multi-international he visited and was "cutting rope".

Your wait is over pal.

I was most surprised to visit a well known multi-national company in West Dublin, and when visiting the toilets discovered King Kong's thumb wallowing in the sepia coloured waters and the bedraggled look on the fcuker indicated he had slumbered there overnight:eek:

It immediately struck me, as a Management Consultant, that it's the little things which define a companies status and this certainly put out a bad vibe.

As I had partaken of of very hot curry the previous evening, my immediate impulse was to 'spool up' and decant a rather loose load of 'rusty water' onto the log, but I didn't.

I buttoned up and left, with a distinct impression of that companies branding and mission statement rather badly dented.

Just shows one.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Adyx wrote: »
    Girls are worse. Fact!

Oh wow, well seen as you put Fact! after your sentence it must be true!
    Let's see if I can do it: You're a tool, Fact! Na na na na na Adyx is a Tooo-oool (said in a singsong voice).

Let's see if I can do it: You're a tool, Fact! Na na na na na Adyx is a Tooo-oool (said in a singsong voice).

:rolleyes: Very mature.

Actually see my second post above and ask anyone who has ever worked in a pub. If they say I'm wrong they've never had the misfortune of having to try and clean up the filth left in the ladies toilets or been knee-deep in a sewer trying to clear a blockage.

Sadly what he said is true, womens toilets are usually pretty disgusting at the end of an evening, absolutely vile tbh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Have to agree with the guys here.. worked in the pub trade for 8 years and for the love of God, what the hell goes in women's toilets in pubs.. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

*scribbles in notepad* - King Kong's thumb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Have to agree with the guys here.. worked in the pub trade for 8 years and for the love of God, what the hell goes in women's toilets in pubs.. :confused:

Worse is finding a sanitary towel stuck to the cubicle wall :eek:

The pub's patrons weren't even scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Trap 2 is constantly out of action in my place, I don't know why lads choose that one of the 3 but its constantly abused by Mr Hankie.

Nothing worse than taking a dump in one of the traps, and someone comes into the cubicle beside you, and proceeds to squeeze out an elephant. Wheezing and straining and all. Seriously some people just lose it in there. Its not humane making people **** in that close quarters. I try to maintain my dignity, and keep surplus ass noice to a bare minimum. Its only fair, wouldn't want to put others off their game.

I remember been on a night out though, and one of the birds in work telling me their toilets are far far worse and she doesn't know what half of the sorts be up to in there. So I would agree in that women are worse. Women are generally far more untidy than blokes anyway, they are just better at cleaning. And that my friends is definitely a fact. I've lived with, gone out with, worked with, and travelled with birds, and they are a complete disgrace when it comes to keeping things neat and tidy. Sometimes this even extends to their pubic region.

Goodnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

foreign nationals etc.

problem be evident.

so shockingly !!!!!!!!!!

I don't like poems that don't rhyme. :(

niallo24 wrote: »
    Sometimes this even extends to their pubic region.

Jesus, I think thats a little uncalled for tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Worked in hotels & restaurants in my students days and inevitably as a part timer , the loo's were kindly given to us to look after :(and have to say the ladies were the worst. Some people used to crap on the floor and seats:confused:, stomach turning, could never clean when it was that bad.

Don't get me started on the public and staff on not washing hands after using the loo. Would stop you eating out.

I had new bathroom installed in our downstairs loo and it was all working except the sink had to be plumbed in, the father in law used the loo and I mentioned he could use the sink to the kitchen to wash his hands, he declined the offer, yuck! put me right off getting a cup of tea from him.

• Advertisement

cassid wrote: »

I had new bathroom installed in our downstairs loo and it was all working except the sink had to be plumbed in, the father in law used the loo and I mentioned he could use the sink to the kitchen to wash his hands, he declined the offer, yuck! put me right off getting a cup of tea from him.

Manky fooker (your father in law).

Anyone else here avoid using the handles on public loo doors (bar/clubs etc). If there's a gap I'll usually use my foot to open the door, or try time it that I leave as someone is entering and I'll elbow the door open further!.

I've a real issue with bad bathroom habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Jesus, I think thats a little uncalled for tbh.

The pubic region bit was just a bit of a jape, I am all for a bit of grass on the pitch really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

foreign nationals etc.

problem be evident.

so shockingly !!!!!!!!!!

Off topic but why do you have to write like that? It hurts my brain and puts me off reading your posts.

niallo24 wrote: »
    I've lived with, gone out with, worked with, and travelled with birds, and they are a complete disgrace when it comes to keeping things neat and tidy.

The poor birds, they don't have hands or anything to clean up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Sadly what he said is true, womens toilets are usually pretty disgusting at the end of an evening, absolutely vile tbh.

totally agree, in all the pubs ive worked in the ladies was always in bits at the end of the night. you would see loads of the toilet bowls full of bangers and mash and sometimes the water would resemble a tequila sunrise cocktail. the gents stunk of piss but thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Manky fooker (your father in law).

Anyone else here avoid using the handles on public loo doors (bar/clubs etc). If there's a gap I'll usually use my foot to open the door, or try time it that I leave as someone is entering and I'll elbow the door open further!.

I've a real issue with bad bathroom habits.

yep, i never touch them. they are more dirty that the toilet itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

I think personal hygiene is worse then how people treat toilets. Sorry, but to many out there just SMELL and this i dont like. :mad:
    Public transport became a night mare for mee.
    Take your shower - wash your clothes!

-by the way,
    do you know that hand dryers are home for billions of bacteria?
    I never use them.

softmee wrote: »
    -by the way,
    do you know that hand dryers are home for billions of bacteria?
    I never use them.

You work for dettol don't you?

bluewolf wrote: »
    You work for dettol don't you?

No, my mum is bacteriologist in a hospital. Old style air conditioning is the same. It spreads bacteria and you breath that .... in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement